Need opinions/ help on build

in Guardian

Posted by: Torchy.6928

Torchy.6928

I was working on a build for “tank” role on my guard.
It was primarily for raids, but changed to a druid for guild runs.
Now my thoughts are using it for high tier fractals and HoT maps.

This is the build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAS5en8cCNdiVdCmCBkdiFGi6qYbgAQu4X+oHrCmgSA-TxBBQBMSJIW2fQhq/AgnAg+0NEgLCQXU+RKgRHDA-e
Started playing gw2 few months ago, so far this build works fine. Still need opinions or help of those who already do T4 fractals on daily basis.
P.S. I mostly play with a premade group, or at least few friends in group.

in Guardian

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

In my opinion there are contradictory approaches in your build. You’re carrying defensive traits, yet you used all offensive stats and scholar runes. In PvE toughness won’t do that much compared to pvp and the base HP of the guardian makes it so that no matter your toughness, you get 1 hit and the damage modifier from the rune won’t work.
Your skill choice is weird too. Given the offensive approach you chose to carry Test of Faith. I would switch Light’s Judgement for Bane signet which gives an incredible DPS boost.
In terms of traits you’re not sinergysing them at all. You need to stay always at 90%+ health yet you choose the ressing trait instead of the increased healing power with mace.
Regarding DH traits, auto stab and aegis won’t do much good since you rarely kite a boss or get CC by PVE. On top of that you’re giving away the 10% damage increase to crippled foes while having traps traited and you’re also carrying Test of Faith which cripples foes and has a decent cooldown.
For a tanky build, the choice of sigils is also weird since you want to deal more damage but will have it really hard in staying over the 90% hp line. You’re either wasting a rune or wasting sigils.

I wouldn’t use this build since imo it’s a hybrid which can neither tank properly unless you got a healer on your toes nor deal enough damage so as to kill enemies fast.
In T4 fractals it might work because they are easy and a coordinated team will get them.
I’d polish it a bit more, be more honest in the role you want to play and fully commit to it.

in Guardian

Torchy.6928

Which rune or sigils would be a better choice then for the role intended?

(edited by Torchy.6928)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

To Tank in pve you only need more toughness than the rest of your party. Usually, 401 is all that’s required. After those primary concerns are taken care of, you can put everything else into Damage.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Here is an example on how to make your traits synergyze.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRApe8dlsAhWhY3QwfHwPEHJE1dZDgEAvBZQZm3v/LAB

This is my version of Tank Guard. You can replace Honor with Dragon Hunter if you are attached to that Longbow and you feel don’t need neither Force of Will or Pure of Voice. Personaly I feel vanila builds are better than Dragon Hunter builds for tanking. If you need to kite something and the elementalist doesn’t want to share his ice bow with you then I recomend staff…a guild mate recomended I give it more credit as it is a decent cc weapon…but you can kite in a decent maner with it as well….just don’t detonate that light orb – EVER.

in Guardian

Torchy.6928

Thanks all for replies. Will work on build keeping in mind Ghostistyx reply

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghataka.1604

Ghataka.1604

For HoT events, world bosses, farming and basically getting kitten to salvage i’m using this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl0AhShYjQwXIQQEHDElNAq2CI/DLYMgzgWoGA-TRSBABpoP45TBAOq/o/RAIm9HA4BAIhSQ2M/ZkyPCBEYLA-e

It’s hypertanky and perfect for open world mass-support while getting enough power to contribute to the DPS and it has perma-swiftness.

Maybe it’s too tanky for that kind of content but it’s just a personal preference since it doesn’t matter that much. You can change the runes/sigils/jewells and wall of reflection if you want to be more offensive. (at the contrary if you want to be more tanky just get Force of Will for almost 26k health and more healing, and use Valor for more toughness and shield usage)

(edited by Ghataka.1604)