Need some advice with my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m still kinda new to building my Guardian and I’ve been working on a tanking/DPS build for dungeons. So far I’ve come up with this

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.3|1.1n.h1|b.1n.h1.e.1n.h2|1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x|4u.d1f.2s.d1e.3s.d1e.1n.67.1n.67.2s.d1e|0.0.u56b.u29c.a6|54.k|v.16.19.13.1i|e

but I’m not sure it’s the best way to go, and was looking for advice before I started experimenting with different builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: ebmghost.7523

ebmghost.7523

The build looks solid enough, you will be tough to take down with the amount of knight’s gear you have. As you become more comfortable with dungeons and avoid taking damage, you can start swapping out your knight’s gear for berserker’s, starting with your weapons, then your trinkets.

I’m not sure why you chose master of concentrations (Virtues VI) but don’t have any conc. skills listed on your bar. Obviously you can swap out skills ooc but I would rather have another shout in there (Retreat, or Save Yourselves) for the extra cond removal. Also I like the block effect of shelter as a healing skill.

If you want to keep the 10 in Virtues I would pick up II or IV. Alternatively, you can dump those 10 trait points into radiance, picking up 100 precision, a blind skill, and an applied vulnerability (VI) at the cost of +10% boon/virtue recharge rate. In the Honor trait line I would also pick up PoV (XI), and Empowering Might (VIII). Now you remove two conditions per shout (one converting to a boon) and you give might to your allies for 5s (icd 1s).

I can’t say I am an expert guardian, or that you have to take this advice. They are just my thoughts on your build since I noticed that no one else had posted anything yet. In the end just tweak it around until you find something that works and is fun for you to play. GL and HF out there.