Need some help on build/cosmetic...

in Guardian

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

Ok If you just want the question skip down to *

Preface this by saying I love the Bolt and I am working on it zealously. I love the way the sword looks and the effects of it are awesome in my opinion. I also really like the Thor god of thunder type Guardian.

I really cant see me ever getting a GS legendary so Bolt is a good goal instead.

• My question is
    A). What focus should I get to go with Bolt? I was thinking maybe courage or chalice of the gods. The chains look like they might be cool too. Not sure which matches the rest of the idea best though
  • B). What build is best for PvE and WvW that uses 1h sword? I run Altruistic healing and i like it well enough, but the off sword/off hand doesnt complement AH like most of the 2h weapons do so what build would you guys suggest?

in Guardian

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I also really like the Thor god of thunder type Guardian.

Then why not get Mjolnir?

Thor didn’t wield a sissy sword.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Corrupted Artifact. It’s an icy dragon’s head, I use it on my Charr Guardian because it’s quite large and scary looking :P

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

I also really like the Thor god of thunder type Guardian.

Then why not get Mjolnir?

Thor didn’t wield a sissy sword.

Because it requires 350 charged lodestones I think.

in Guardian

Grazingcattle.1627

What time cookie said lol

I just cant stomach spending that much time/effort on something that wont at least be BiS.

I will check it out swift paw thanks for the heads up!

in Guardian

Quarktastic.1027

What time cookie said lol

I just cant stomach spending that much time/effort on something that wont at least be BiS.

I will check it out swift paw thanks for the heads up!

What the frack is BiS? It’s also 250 charged lodestones.

Edit: It was 350.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(edited by Quarktastic.1027)

in Guardian

Grazingcattle.1627

Best in slot

Bolt is only 100 charged lodestones + everything else. I have everything else pretty much.

in Guardian

Quarktastic.1027

Best in slot

Bolt is only 100 charged lodestones + everything else. I have everything else pretty much.

Well, I for one will be getting Mjolnir. That is, if I ever take to playing my guardian. Asura+lightning hammer=win.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Mjolnir is quite awesomeD
though i had the chance to lay my own eyes on a bolt once and the lightning effect is pretty darn kewl too.

as for focus – corrupted artifact would be a good choice. the chain could be kind of cool. chalice seems to go along with the whole “idea” as well but not sure if it would look visually / aesthetically matching.

in terms of visuals.. maybe… in terms of preference, though i haven’t seen thes ein game. all judging by previews.

• acring focus – seems to have some “electrical” aspect to it with blue lighting
  • glyphic focus – again, blue light.
  • ascalonian?

as for builds.. what do you use as a second set? and if you’re boon using / shout heavy, the AH could still work even with a sword / OH. not an expert with the 1h sword though so will leave others to help you with this. though i imagine, i’d invest in the radiance line. or a mix of zeal/radiance/valor and some virtues.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Quarktastic.1027

Mjolnir is quite awesomeD
though i had the chance to lay my own eyes on a bolt once and the lightning effect is pretty darn kewl too.

as for focus – corrupted artifact would be a good choice. the chain could be kind of cool. chalice seems to go along with the whole “idea” as well but not sure if it would look visually / aesthetically matching.

in terms of visuals.. maybe… in terms of preference, though i haven’t seen thes ein game. all judging by previews.

• acring focus – seems to have some “electrical” aspect to it with blue lighting
  • glyphic focus – again, blue light.
  • ascalonian?

as for builds.. what do you use as a second set? and if you’re boon using / shout heavy, the AH could still work even with a sword / OH. not an expert with the 1h sword though so will leave others to help you with this. though i imagine, i’d invest in the radiance line. or a mix of zeal/radiance/valor and some virtues.

The steam gizmo leaves a neat looking blue trail as you wave it around. It’s not quite lightning though.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Ok If you just want the question skip down to *

Preface this by saying I love the Bolt and I am working on it zealously. I love the way the sword looks and the effects of it are awesome in my opinion. I also really like the Thor god of thunder type Guardian.

I really cant see me ever getting a GS legendary so Bolt is a good goal instead.

• My question is
    A). What focus should I get to go with Bolt? I was thinking maybe courage or chalice of the gods. The chains look like they might be cool too. Not sure which matches the rest of the idea best though
  • B). What build is best for PvE and WvW that uses 1h sword? I run Altruistic healing and i like it well enough, but the off sword/off hand doesnt complement AH like most of the 2h weapons do so what build would you guys suggest?

If you can get the items for it make it….
Legendary equals to ascended items if not mistake, so they might have a little buff in the future??

For 1 handed sword it really deppends how you play with the guardian, you need to see what traits/stats are the best for your case.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)