Need suggestion for open world Scepter

in Guardian

Posted by: leasm.1279

leasm.1279

First time playing Guardian, and I’m enjoying Scepter+Torch / Sword+Focus. I’m going Zeal line for now, and tivseems to fit quite nicely my playstyle for open world, which is focusing on Scepter, burn, and Spirit Weapons.

Soon I’ll have to choose another line, and my initial idea was reaching Permeating Wrath as soon as possible, since I don’t like activating Virtue of Justice anyway. However, I’m finding the Virtues line way too weird.. I mean, Permeating Wrath makes your passive great, but the entire line is focused on activating virtues. Seems contraditory, at least.

Radiance line seems safer, with better traits overall, but on the other hand Permeating Wrath seems way too good for open world.

So, can you guys give me some suggestions for trait lines (open world only)? Please consider I’m going with Scepter most of the time, and probably some Spirit Weapons.

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

If you are playing power build in open world, using scepter/torch, you do not need Virtues line. I use Radiance/Zeal/DH for scepter/torch and sword/torch. If you are using condi build though you probably will use Radiance/Zeal/Virtues. You will need the Virtues primarily for Permeating Wrath.

You can use a power build using Radiance/Zeal/Virtues to maintain up time on retaliation, but it works better with GS than scepter or sword. You will use Permeating Wrath, but it will not be a factor at all, since you will have zero condi damage.

I use Spirit Weapons, Sword of Justice, in every open world PvE build.

(edited by otto.5684)

in Guardian

Posted by: Drega.6784

Drega.6784

I find that Radiance, Zeal, Virtues works best for power or condi build in PvE pre-HoT. The retaliation up time is great and if specced correctly, allows for great increases in damage output.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I personally would grab Virtues as your second line. Yes most of it seems awkward, but Permeating Wrath will let you keep 25 might up permanently (if you have Zealous Scepter on) which will let you cleave through everything you come across. Absolute Resolution will allow you to ignore conditions as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daerian.6523

Daerian.6523

I personally would go with Zeal233/Radiance233/Valor222 (or 212 of you use Shield, which is nice in open world) with some Meditations (Smite Conditions, Contemplation of Purity, Judge’s Intervention – what do you like) and Save Yourself for burst. Heal is Shelter, Elite is Renewed Focus. Runes are Traveler for speed or Strength for easily uptimed increased damage. For equipment – use Berserker with some Soldiers (I use Soldier Rings and Accessories in Open World, they don’t cost me much damage and I have 15k life and 3k Armour with them and traited Shield).
Later you exchange Zeal for Dragonhunter 223.

Playstyle is: blink to enemy with Sword 2, activate Save Yourself! if want to kill it instantly/veteran, spam Sword1. If you get into tough spot you have block on focus/aegis on shield, blind on focus/knockback on shield, block on heal, invulnerability&virtue recharge on elite, heals on Meditations, heal on F2, three condition removal (traited heal skill, Smite Conditions, Contemplation of Purity) two of which are also nice burst damage… And for range engagements you have Scepter of course.

I love this build in open world, you have tons of survivability and you burst everything down very fast.

(edited by Daerian.6523)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bogus.1598

Bogus.1598

What i run currently is Radiance and Zeal, trying to keep up retaliation and aegis.
For weapons i use Scepter/shield and Mace/torch, this looks like a weird combination but works like a charm…i got a defense and offense option on both of my sets, combines range and melee as well…I love it, wonder if i would run the DH at 80…
Good luck, Cheers!