Needs more bow.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Undead Unicorn.1238

Undead Unicorn.1238

Am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome to fire arrows of light?

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhogall.4179

Rhogall.4179

Yes

/15charsandstuff

Tezz The Relentless – Vertically Challenged Guardian
Ilario Ciarenni – Mesmerizing Human Mesmer
[TEO] The Exalted Ones

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Undead Unicorn.1238

Oh? Lovely. -.-

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Give ma an actual cow bell focus skin and then we can talk about giving gaurdians bows.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Oogie BOogie.2301

Oogie BOogie.2301

Definetly would like to see a Bow

I do what I do, when I do what I do do… o.O

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I think a shining lightbow fits the guardian well.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Undead Unicorn.1238

I wonder though how easy it would be to allow the Guardian to use the bow now .-.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Alas, this thread comes up at least once or twice a month but Anet isn’t going to give it to us any more than they are going to give Engineers maces.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

This would be great, could help me with my kiting issues. (aka me being kited).

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Fixing the scepter is sufficient, we neither need nor should we get a bow.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Well, we don’t strictly need another ranged weapon, it’s true. But scepter’s autoattack and Smite are rather boring attacks, and some neat laser-bow action would be welcomed.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Eh not sure if I think a bow really fits a guardian. I would like to be scepter reworked where the AA just smites the enemy with a beam from heaven or something (Totally thinking Fist of the heavens from diablo 2 pally here) And smite could actually barrage and area with beams of light from all different sides or something… yeah I just want scepter to look more awesome lol.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Eh not sure if I think a bow really fits a guardian. I would like to be scepter reworked where the AA just smites the enemy with a beam from heaven or something (Totally thinking Fist of the heavens from diablo 2 pally here) And smite could actually barrage and area with beams of light from all different sides or something… yeah I just want scepter to look more awesome lol.

Command the Bow of Truth!

In my opinion they should just make the “Slow moving orb” homing. This already would allow a viable ranged atk (with the slow being the weakness of the scepter).

Anyways would be AMAZING to have a bow, like light arrows atks =)

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I’ve had dreams about my guardian using a bow…True story.

Fits the Guardian perfectly in my opinion and I would love if further down the line, be it in expansions or whatever they gave us the option to equip one. Shooting arrows with blue fire..ohh dear! Make it happen anet!

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

crossbow or shotgun ( there’s rifle right? ) would fit guardian, but I just can’t see myself using bow. sorry, no ><

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Put me down as another guardian who wants a bow. As much as they could fix the scepter they can never really change the skills because there would always be someone to complain about liking how the scepter was. But sadly I don’t see Anet giving us one for a good while because it would make the scepter another useless weapon for the guardian because everyone would probably just use a bow.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: yriafelc.6124

yriafelc.6124

Wings of Dwayna, shooting arrows made of light, would look cool on a guardian!

[Urge]

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Undead Unicorn.1238

@Azoqu. I just wish they would see that the scepter for the Guardian is already useless. I haven’t played in a short while, so I don’t know what the most popular weapons for Guardian players are currently, but last time I did play, the GS and hammer were the favored weapons, simply because they were the only ones beside the one-handed sword and shield that are worth anything :p

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

@Undead
I agree with you that the scepter is useless (beyond being the only thing at 1200 range and it’s even kittenty at that). Though nothing has really changed, GS and hammer are the go to weapons and they are even what I use in the open world because the CDs are perfect for switching between the two.

Sadly I can’t agree with you on the 1h sword because I just find it totally useless along with the mace. I know some people love the mace but the only use I can find is if you’re in a dungeon with another guardian and they are using the hammer then the mace is amazing.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

You not wanting to use a bow/not seeing your Guardian using a bow does not mean the Guardian shouldn’t get a bow…

There are many ways to play a Guardian, many ways to “RP” one as well, really.

Not every option in a class has to match what you want to do with it. It’s just an option.

It’s especially weird for you to be against giving Guardians this just because you don’t want to use it. You don’t have to use one…

If it doesn’t negatively affect anyone, and it makes a ton of people happy, why not do it?

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Yes please give us a long bow, shortbow or a rifle. I really want another ranged weapon because scepter sucks and staff has low range. I am tired of not being able to do nothing in wvw when defending keeps from the wall or attacking people on the walls.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

yeah i if it didn’t do any damage i wouldn’t even mind

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I would REALLY like some kind of range weapon other than a scepter. A bow would be great even if it just did mild damage and granted boons/conditions.

We can dream, right?

Maguuma Guardian

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

My guardian wants a throwing spear..

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

As cool as it would be to be able to fire light arrows from a bow, bows really don’t make any sense for guardians. It’s difficult to explain why I feel that way but bows just don’t seem to fit.

The way I see it, if you want to play a heavily armored class and use a bow, warriors provide that option.

Sadly I can’t agree with you on the 1h sword because I just find it totally useless along with the mace. I know some people love the mace but the only use I can find is if you’re in a dungeon with another guardian and they are using the hammer then the mace is amazing.

I use a mace/shield all the time on my guardian and it definitely isn’t useless. You just need to learn how to play with it. It works incredibly well with some builds. The survivability a mace can provide is quite impressive. I can understand if a mace doesn’t fit your play style or your build. But useless? Um, no. Far from it.

It definitely doesn’t require a hammer guardian to be effective. Having a second guardian around is always a plus regardless of the weapons you’re using. But maces don’t require another guardian to be good.

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

The guardian should just have been able to use a spear on land.
It would fit perfectly and give them another ranged option.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

give guardian throwing spear…
and we will have paragorn in gw2

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Needs more bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nocturnal.6708

Nocturnal.6708

In my opinion, a bow would be quite fitting a guardian, seeing that they can already summon one as a spirit weapon.

I always found it odd that guardians can use all their spirit weapons as regular weapons, except for the bow.

Anyways, I think the guardian should be given another option when it comes to ranged combat. This is especially apparent when doing certain bosses in dungeons that have huge amounts of burst damage. My current build is using GS/scepter+shield in order to have some kiting ability, but I find the scepter uninteresting due to the slow orbs and general “lack of punch” in the abilities.

Hence, I think guardians should be given another option when it comes to ranged combat (the staff has too low range to be effective), and I think a longbow would fit the theme of the guardians perfectly.

However, I suspect it is never going to happen :/

Vesper Autumnblade – 80 Guardian
Freyja Yurdjökull – 80 Warrior
Super Serious Guild Number One [SSGO] – Piken Square

(edited by Nocturnal.6708)