New Mantra Idea...

New Mantra Idea...

in Guardian

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

Okay I think we generally all agree mantras suck. So my first idea is to just wrap Mantra of Flame and Truth into a singular Mantra to make it a little more appealing.

This frees up a utility for a new Mantra:

“Mantra of ______”: I suck at writing fancy descriptions, so I’ll just explain what it would do.

Expending a charge will reduce cooldowns on all tomes by 10sec, or if you’re in a Tome, instantly add 2 pages to the tome count (without exceeding max pages of course). Final charge reduces recharge by 15 and adds 3 pages.

This way the long cooldowns are a little less terrible. And for those staying in a tome, this Mantra will allow you to make the most out of it.

I don’t know, it can be tweaked. I’m just trying to find a way to save mantras at this point…..and something like this would be unique…

- Sele

New Mantra Idea...

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I like the idea of merging the two mantras into one. It would give plenty over cover condis.

The new mantra i dont like so much. Tbh i dont think utilities should be tied to profession mechanics. This is why renewed focus is the preferred elite in every competitive build in the game.

I would rather see a new mantra that had 3*600 range blink that had an 300 aoe heal at the target location.

This would address both the lack of mobility (engage/disengage) and the lack of healing the FB has.

New Mantra Idea...

in Guardian

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

The idea is precisely due to the fact that RF is the preferred elite in all game modes. It allows such little diversity. The way FB in particular is designed, RF is all but NECESSARY.

As far as utilities not being tied to profession mechanics. Weaver is getting Unravel, which is also interacts directly with their profession mechanics.

I do agree with everything else you said though, and thanks for the feedback.. I just wish mantras weren’t dead on arrival.

- Sele

New Mantra Idea...

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I always thought for a unique mantra (cause lets face it, cover condition mantra sucks) would be one that gave everyone an amount of their unique resources back. Give thieves 1 initiative, warriors some adrenaline, revs energy, firebrand gets a page (would also work great with pages as initiative for tomes), and so on. It’d be a unique buff that only Guardians could give (cause 150 toughness doesn’t cut it).

New Mantra Idea...

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

The idea is precisely due to the fact that RF is the preferred elite in all game modes. It allows such little diversity. The way FB in particular is designed, RF is all but NECESSARY.

As far as utilities not being tied to profession mechanics. Weaver is getting Unravel, which is also interacts directly with their profession mechanics.

I do agree with everything else you said though, and thanks for the feedback.. I just wish mantras weren’t dead on arrival.

- Sele

But wouldnt that even further improve RF? So one utility that resets virtues and one utility that charges the virtues/tome?

Imo it would be much better if the two damaging mantras where merged into one as you suggest.

The elite mantra is altered to a regular utility and a new elite mantra was introduced.

That mantra recharges mantras and resets the ammo. So if one mantra is on cd (used three charges) just press the elite once and the mantra on cd is recharged and reloaded.

That would be a elite that competed with rf. Or a elite that had 3 blinks with 600 range.

I hope the same and it would just need 600 range on those mantras and they would be ok.

New Mantra Idea...

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

In competitive I’m curious how the proposed SYG + RF will fair vs consistent cc pressure. SYG is on a relatively long CD whose Stability lasts 6s. You’ll need to spam F2 heals then immediately enter F3 for more stability, then F1 if able. After that you’ll be a sitting duck and succeptible to getting interrupted after using RF unless you can jump on F3 successfully.

Mantra Elite give you the option to use any virtue first, including a successful burst. Three Stability + stunbreaker for 5s and you’ll get a refresh charge every 15s.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)