New attempt at Burn DH

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Hey fellow guardians. In an attempt to increase build diversity beyond Just the Medi trapper and DH bunker. I’ve given one more knack at making a burn DH.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRArd5en8cCFdiVDBeDB8DhF/hSO8P/2/KcvgPwKAqg6E-TJhAABb8EAyvMgV7PAwJBAA

The focus lies in dealing excessive amount of burns through blocks thanx to tons of aegis and blocks, DH and the weaponset give(Mace, Shield, Focus), while keeping up pressure with the high base damage, The rune of of the guardian combined with amplied wrath make each burn worh atleast 2 stacks. Bassically between your base damage and burns applied through spear of justice. You constantly attack your foe one way or an another even if u retreat.

You will have access to to condi cleanses and tons of blocks to help u deal with your low hp.

Try it out, tell me what u think.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I like the idea.

Fishsticks

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

guardian burn builds will be nothing more than a gimmick in pvp.

we have no other cover condis save for the occasional blind or vuln or immob outside of sigil/rune procs and we sacrifice way too many defensive utility traits and slots, something that other condi builds actually are specifically specced for.

so we’re left with a single damaging condi and squishy slow target that can put up high burn ticks once every 20 secs but brings nothing else to the table.

as far as “constant pressure” with things like burn on block/aegis, its laughable, 1 or 2 stacks of burning barely tickles in today’s meta, the only way to get kills with burn is burst stack 10 stacks of burning to unsuspecting folks that either didn’t bring or have condi cleanse on cooldown.

that build of yours doesn’t run virtues (meaning no cleanse from resolve and no stunbreak/stability) and has 11k health…you’re not living long enough to apply ANY pressure.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

guardian burn builds will be nothing more than a gimmick in pvp.

we have no other cover condis save for the occasional blind or vuln or immob outside of sigil/rune procs and we sacrifice way too many defensive utility traits and slots, something that other condi builds actually are specifically specced for.

so we’re left with a single damaging condi and squishy slow target that can put up high burn ticks once every 20 secs but brings nothing else to the table.

as far as “constant pressure” with things like burn on block/aegis, its laughable, 1 or 2 stacks of burning barely tickles in today’s meta, the only way to get kills with burn is burst stack 10 stacks of burning to unsuspecting folks that either didn’t bring or have condi cleanse on cooldown.

that build of yours doesn’t run virtues (meaning no cleanse from resolve and no stunbreak/stability) and has 11k health…you’re not living long enough to apply ANY pressure.

Just to clear up some things.

>First things, the 2 stacks of burns on blocks is very common, thanx to the rune of the guardian and amplified wrath, not . Then add in the fact that focus skill 5, and shield skill 5 last longer then 1 second, fragments of faith require me to walk atleast a few steps on an aegis shield for me to block attacks make it very likely that both the rune and the trait will procc at the same time.

With amplified wratch burning for 3 and a half second and rune of the guardian burning for 1 and a half second. So if by any chance i block again before 1 second has passed for amplified wrath to proc again a single stack of burn still goes for 1 and a half second.

>Constant pressure is applied because of my base damage through viper amulet and the blocks accesible to my weapon skills, which are mace skill 3, shield skill 4, shield skill 5,focus skill 5. and fragments of faith when my goe to burst like shield of courage and spear of justice are on thier CD’s which i can use twice in a short time thanx to renewed focus if i feel like it.. those burst skills can easily get to 7 burn stacks. In short even when i used up my burst skills u can expect to be burned for 2 stacks on blocks. thus my burns are applied constantly besides my lack of conditions to cover. Speaking of which. If u feel confident in your skills u could switch hunters fortification for big game hunter. U could also use the following sigils: sigil of ice and fraility and swap them for sigil of smoldering.. While it’s not a ton. It will aid u in conditions used for coverage. U got some leeway here to alter the build for more condi application.

>It’s true while I don’t run virtues. I do run the double fragments of faith trap which is a double stunbreaker and a 3 stacks stability for 5 second btw. As for conditions. I run smite on heal, smite on utility and contemplation of purity and hunters fortifications. And with all the blocks I have. I won’t melt as quickly to conditions as you think. The 11.6 K hp is definately a weakpoint but it’s managable atleast.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

If I were to play Burn Guard, I would rather use this – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATRn8cCFdiVDBeDB8Dhl4BTe/FAXgZroW0MqKA0AqXA-TphAQBY4IAAgHAwBOEASsMwGuAA2Y/BA

Not 100% sure on the runes, or if I should drop the Zealous Blade for Kindled Zeal,but basicaly I would work Fiery Wrath, Virtue of Justice and Symbolic Avenger to the max.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

If I were to play Burn Guard, I would rather use this – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATRn8cCFdiVDBeDB8Dhl4BTe/FAXgZroW0MqKA0AqXA-TphAQBY4IAAgHAwBOEASsMwGuAA2Y/BA

Not 100% sure on the runes, or if I should drop the Zealous Blade for Kindled Zeal,but basicaly I would work Fiery Wrath, Virtue of Justice and Symbolic Avenger to the max.

Zeal is a pretty terrible line outside pve.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Traps on top of simbolic avenger also do 10% damage right?
migh be nice to increase power creeep that traps are so dependant to be effective??

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Purging Flames kind of seems like a must to me for a burning DH build. The synergy it has with Spear of Justice is quite good.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Jack Skywalker.5674

I partialy disagree with you on this because for pvp gimmicks such as being a condi dps, Zeal offers some very good options and this build here designed for single target dps probably highlights just how easy it can be for Guardian to play as a condi dps – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8dn8cCFdiVDBeDB8Dhl4BzKEcveUVBgtU9Se/FAXgA-TJhAQBSsMwGuAAA4BAYj9HAA

Ignoring gimmicks such as Burn DH, Zeal is indeed a weak traitline for PvP, because it can not be strong while not paired with the Radiance traitline. Personaly I feel that Fiery Wrath and Kindled Zeal should swap places with Right-Hand Strenght and Retribution and that Zealous Scepter and Zealous Blade also swap places to acomodate this change.

migh be nice to increase power creeep that traps are so dependant to be effective??

I am not sure I understand what do you mean.Traps are traps and symbols are symbols and I never tryed to overlay them.

Purging Flames kind of seems like a must to me for a burning DH build. The synergy it has with Spear of Justice is quite good.

I wouldn’t call it a must,but it is indeed a good combo.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You can only do so many things at the same time.
Are you laying the symbol or push/pulling your trap? Dpsing?
Symbols are HARD to get people to stand in, by taking zeal you’re making those symbols the star of the show… And that’s not a good idea for pvp. Especially as a burn guard where most of your energy needs to be focused on application and evasion.

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7enkICNDhVDBmDB8DhD/hyGAVQdeD3L4DyJRFehA-TJRHwABOJAV2fAwTAAZZAA

Burn Build?
Purging Flame is a must, pawned Svanir within 10 secs, works marvelous at mid fights
PM me in game I’ll show you how =D

Diamond Skin Ele counter this build =/

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

New attempt at Burn DH

in Guardian

Jack Skywalker.5674

You can only do so many things at the same time.
Are you laying the symbol or push/pulling your trap? Dpsing?
Symbols are HARD to get people to stand in, by taking zeal you’re making those symbols the star of the show… And that’s not a good idea for pvp. Especially as a burn guard where most of your energy needs to be focused on application and evasion.

If I were to run any of my theorycrafted builds right now in pvp….I would use the Symbol on bow to herd enemies towards a trap/away from a checkpoint/force a zerk to break their “formation”. I would never rely on symbols for sustained dps because of how easy it is to get out of those things.

With greatsword…that symbol is just for the burst dps. I know that for pvp symbols are bad…but in my build with Radiance, Zeal and Dragonhunter, the reason I chose Zeal was for Fiery Wrath and either Kindled Blade (if I need staff or sw/focuss) or Zealous Greatsword. Also I play very lazy, I mostly spam AA’s regardless of class.

Also I got a question for you, Xanctus The Dragonslayer…if you are going for a melee thing,why not Sword over Scepter, the aa on the later is God awfull…I’ve had personal nasty experiences with it,but the one thing that came out of me playing with Scepter was learning that scepter goes better with Shield than with Focus, because Scepter and Shield create a very fun kit for CC/Team Support.