New guardian - PvP and WvW roaming

in Guardian

Posted by: oRx.9584

oRx.9584

Hi guys!

Im oRx and I recently decided to roll a Guardian. I only play PvP and WvW, no other game content so I’m only interested in these aspects.

The reason I rolled a Guardian is because I want a heavy class, and Warriors seem too plain for my taste.

However, I encountered trouble as soon as I finished my introduction story.

Namely, I realised Guardians aren’t much of a solo profession, but much more a team one. Now me, I prefer solo play; to be self preservative.

So what I need is some tips on how to adjust my guardian accordingly, as I’ve really no clue.

Here’s what I mainly want to achieve:
1. Be able to 1v1 efficiently – I can fight on my own then, without the need of a team, and without wasting traits to compliment the team, since I don’t have one.

2. Dish out nice damage – Again, I prefer to dish out more damage and sacrifice a little bit of survivability than the other way around. I want to be on the offense mainly.

3. I want to use two handed weapons as much as possible (staff, greatsword, hammer) as I really prefer these to any other, but this isn’t that necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, oRx.

“Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.”
- Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Hi guys!

Im oRx and I recently decided to roll a Guardian. I only play PvP and WvW, no other game content so I’m only interested in these aspects.

The reason I rolled a Guardian is because I want a heavy class, and Warriors seem too plain for my taste.

However, I encountered trouble as soon as I finished my introduction story.

Namely, I realised Guardians aren’t much of a solo profession, but much more a team one. Now me, I prefer solo play; to be self preservative.

So what I need is some tips on how to adjust my guardian accordingly, as I’ve really no clue.

Here’s what I mainly want to achieve:
1. Be able to 1v1 efficiently – I can fight on my own then, without the need of a team, and without wasting traits to compliment the team, since I don’t have one.

2. Dish out nice damage – Again, I prefer to dish out more damage and sacrifice a little bit of survivability than the other way around. I want to be on the offense mainly.

3. I want to use two handed weapons as much as possible (staff, greatsword, hammer) as I really prefer these to any other, but this isn’t that necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, oRx.

Try running a meditation build. While generally sword and scepter rule out hammer for offensive builds, you could probably find a GS/hammer variant that you could be successful with.

in Guardian

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Yes, if you want to be able to 1v1 effectively with a two-handed build, meditations is the way to go. All you need for a GS-hammer builds is 6 points in Valor, taking meditation traits, and 4 in Honor to get the cooldown reduction on your two-handed weapons. This leaves 4 wherever you want them. 0-0-6-4-4 (Virtue variant), 0-1-6-6-1 or 2-0-6-6-0 (Symbol variant) are probably the most common builds for using GS-hammer. You’ll get supremely good crowd control from GS 5 and hammer 3,4,5 pairing with the teleport meditation Judge’s Intervention, can really change the landscape of a fight.

collector of liquid aurillium

in Guardian

Posted by: oRx.9584

oRx.9584

Thanks alot for your inputs guys, Im open for more though!

“Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.”
- Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996)

in Guardian

Posted by: Svenghali.4716

Svenghali.4716

At the risk of plugging myself – you could try mine if you want something a little different than the standard Medi builds.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Videos-High-DPS-WVW/first#post4565978