New guardian to join the force !!

in Guardian

Posted by: keloorie.6085

keloorie.6085

To all senior guardian:
I’m here to state my very honor to fight along the glorious force of gaurdian, and also to request some idea from you if you don’t mind to spare your wisdom.

As a new guardian, I believe I have to be tough enough ( in PVE ) to take damage from my enemies and possess the strength to conquer them with my great sword. Here is my current build which I wish to be successful with. Please tell me if you spot fatal mistakes which could cost my life on the battle-field.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAR8OlsApfndDxaoJiHqMrjW0yPoFqOAagtE-ThxFwAX0NIa/BaK/Mp+DAlgaN/BA-e

Your sincerely,
a nameless new guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: NotOprah.9083

NotOprah.9083

To all senior guardian:
I’m here to state my very honor to fight along the glorious force of gaurdian, and also to request some idea from you if you don’t mind to spare your wisdom.

As a new guardian, I believe I have to be tough enough ( in PVE ) to take damage from my enemies and possess the strength to conquer them with my great sword. Here is my current build which I wish to be successful with. Please tell me if you spot fatal mistakes which could cost my life on the battle-field.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAR8OlsApfndDxaoJiHqMrjW0yPoFqOAagtE-ThxFwAX0NIa/BaK/Mp+DAlgaN/BA-e

Your sincerely,
a nameless new guardian

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAR8OlsApfndDxaoJiHKL/gWo6AoB2yLjhjA-ThxFwAX0NIa/BaK/Mp+DAlgaN/BA-e

I changed the traits around a little bit. Not a bad build you got there but the 20 in virtues won’t do you much good in PvE unless you were going for a spirit weapon build maybe. I added 4 points in Valor for the +200 ferocity (more crit damage) and for the Retributive Armor trait (more precision = more critical hits = more damage). Also the Valor trait line has more to offer statwise over the Virtues line (Toughness + Critical Damage over Boon duration and Virtues CD reduction)

TL;DR
I made it a bit tankier as well as adding more damage

Good luck with your quest of fighting honorably on the battle-field Mr Nameless New Guardian!! xD

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Damage on a guardian is about multipliers. I suggest you pop up to the sticky which explains the pve dps guardian in detail.

Instead of removing points from virtues add one more and get more damage per boon. (Multiplier) After the nerf on crit damage virtues are at least as good for damage as valor and bring more support, even though marginally. Boon duration is also nice when moving around in the world.

Add one more point in radiance for more damage on conditioned enemies. (Multiplier)

Just keep 2 points in zeal so you get more damage on burning foes. (multiplier)

If you are going for greatsword as main weapon add in 2 points in zeal for heals and more damage on GS. (Multiplier). Suggest you pair the gs with focus+sword so you get multiple sources of blinds which adds the amount of conditions which increase your damage.

4/5/x/x/5 is a good start imo.

in Guardian

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Pls stop now! Delete your guardian and gor warrior. It’s not too late yet.

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Pls stop now! Delete your guardian and gor warrior. It’s not too late yet.

^ Pretty much this
I’ve gone to Thief instead but if your thing is heavy classes go Warrior, it’s not too late yet

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Here is the thread Brutaly is talking about. A lot of good information here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/page/4#post3917471

I would check out a majority of the stickies on the Guardian forum. Its a wealth of knowledge.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059