New patch, new build?

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Hello guys,
i’m here today to discuss with you about that build.
before today i used an AH build with a combination of berserker and knight equip (ofc)
i tell you only stats… you surely know the equip:
power: 1800
crit chance: 49%
crit dmg multiplier: 70%
thougness: 1665
vitality: 300 (13805 hp)
boon duration: 10%
(classic build 0/0/30/30/10)
but now i’m interest in something of new which can use the new “zealous blade” trait…
so that’s what i thought:
Equip:
full knight with rune of lyssa (x6)
Weapon:
Greatsword – sword/focus (all berserker)
Trinkets:
2x knight accessory + 2x knight ring -> with 4x exquisite ruby jewel
1x berserker back -> with 1x exquisite ruby jewel
1x berserker amulet

traits: 20/0/25/20/5 (look image)

and the result (in stats) is:
power: 1960
crit chance: 50%
crit dmg multiplier: 59%
thougness: 1820
vitality: 200 (12805 hp)
boon duration: 5%

result (in terms of effects):
(old build) —-—————————————————- (new build)
-5% boon duration —-———————————— +20% malus duration
-1000hp —-———————————————————- +155 thougness
-11% crit dmg multiplier —-———————— +160 power
-10% damage (with low endurance) —-- +15% damage (5%always, 10% on burning)
-hp gained with boon —-—————————— + hp gained with GS attacks
-20% GS cd reduced —-———————————- + symbol at 25% and apply vulnerability
-25% increased retailation duration —-— +10% damage on burning (increased by20%)

so what do you think about the new build? are these bonus really good? or can i continue with my old and get same results?
thank you.

Attachments:

(edited by Kjeldoran.3849)

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

I was thinking of something similar, yet I plan on keeping Altruistic Healing, and just take 10 points out of Honor and Radiance to get 20 into Zeal for Zealous Blade. However, does Zealous Blade still only heal 25hp per hit? That still doesn’t really seem worth it for what I would give up.

Also, AH is going to heal for more than ZB by a lot if your crit chance is ~50%. I don’t know why you would put 5 in Virtues instead of 5 in Valor and just keep AH for more healing.

(edited by Zindrix.1750)

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Zealous Blade still have kittenty healing. So take it for the 5% with 10% burning in the adept line if anything.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

ah is viable only with AH+EM + sigil on strenght and high crit change or if you play in group of +3-5 people but solo its better ZB

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

It is good for greatsword users. it is a silly, pathetic healing but coupled with 5% extra dmg.
So it is not bad after all in solo or dps.

However, tanking you should be using a hammer or a mace anyways.
If that healing could scale with healing power or get some burst through crit… maybe it could outweight a perma 33% dmg reduction from hammer inhert #1 chain skins.

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Zindrix.1750

ah is viable only with AH+EM + sigil on strenght and high crit change or if you play in group of +3-5 people but solo its better ZB

I’d have to look again but I think heal for 70 something every time I gain a buff and my crit chance is just over 60%. So if I’m using GS and gaining might anyways, then I get healed for that and every time I crit which is still a hell of a lot more than 25 every hit.

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Thank you for answer.
for Zindrix.1750:
in my opinion 5 points in virtues are essential because with 5 point you have:
5 seconds of might (3 stacks for you and party), 5 seconds of regeneration (for you and party) and 5 sec of protection (for you and paty)… it’s perfect, at least for me.

anyway the point is:
ZB heals for 26hp which is pretty ridicolous while AH heals for 75hp…
with a light analysis of attacks i can say: “every 3 auto-attacks” i gain
-26hp x 3 = 78hp with ZB
-75 × 1 (third GS attack) with AH
but i also have a 50% chance to gain an additional stack of might and 75hp which mean: 3 auto attacks= 2normal 1crit 2might= 150hp which is better than ZB…

also with Wirling Wrath i can hit 4 times which means:
26×4= 104hp whith ZB
75×2 (50% of 4attacks)= 150hp with AH
so AH is always better…
so the solution isnt go fo 20/0/25/20/5 but i think is better work on Strenght in Numbers and aim on gain power changing some equip… i’m working on it and ill tell you here soon if i find something

bye

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

ok that’s the best build for now:
confirmed my standard equip (equip knight with berserker trinkets except 2xring knight and berserker wapon) but with GS – Sword/torch
traits: 20/0/30/20/0 (unfortunately I had to give my 5 points in virtue :< but this is the only way)
base stats will be like:
power: 2000
crit chance: 50%
crit dmg multiplier: 70%
thougness: 1815
vitality: 200 (12805 hp)
boon duration: 0%

with: double health gain (ZB and AH), 5% extra GS damage, 10% extra damage to burning foes (torch will help to keep it up), extra simbols of wrath with vulnerability, 20% cond duration and a good crit damage (70% without ascendend)…

…loking for more…

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

what will you be playign this for mainly? WvW? PvE? dungeons? etc..

overall in general, if i were to run 20 in Zeal, i would most likely do a 20/0/30/20/0 build or even a 20/30/0/20/0 build (if i feel more ballsy).

if i went 30 in Valor, i would take up Monk’s Focus actually for burst healing, while Zealous Blade will be able to give me little healing overtime to help sustain a bit here and there. and when i do take too much burst or health dropping too fast, i can burst heal with meditations. and of course on top of that, your actual heal if really needed. just be sure to hit your enemies with your greatsword, as well as WW in the middle of mobs, etc.

if you don’t feel it’s enough, you can always pair it up with omnoms or life leeching sigils, etc. though if you do some quick match, i think it adds up, depending on what situation you are. could be jsut enuogh to help keep you topped up while you avoid the big hits.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

what will you be playign this for mainly? WvW? PvE? dungeons? etc..

overall in general, if i were to run 20 in Zeal, i would most likely do a 20/0/30/20/0 build or even a 20/30/0/20/0 build (if i feel more ballsy).

if i went 30 in Valor, i would take up Monk’s Focus actually for burst healing, while Zealous Blade will be able to give me little healing overtime to help sustain a bit here and there. and when i do take too much burst or health dropping too fast, i can burst heal with meditations. and of course on top of that, your actual heal if really needed. just be sure to hit your enemies with your greatsword, as well as WW in the middle of mobs, etc.

if you don’t feel it’s enough, you can always pair it up with omnoms or life leeching sigils, etc. though if you do some quick match, i think it adds up, depending on what situation you are. could be jsut enuogh to help keep you topped up while you avoid the big hits.

hello akamon.2769,
yes this build will be mainly for wvw and also for some dungeons (like cof, how, se, cm, and others).
Actually the previous build (20/0/30/20/0) is the best for surviving and deal massive damage. With a regular AH build you can hit (in pve) for 4-5k with WW but with this build you can easily hit for 6k+ (WW) …
anyway the good aspect of this build is the combination of ZB and AH which give you for exemple with a WW 254hp (228hp with 3 auto attacks)… which is pretty good united with 1815 thougness

now i’m testing it… il tell you soom the result maybe ill open a new thred to show how to build equip, build and how to use.

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

I am happy with my current build
The patch provided only buffs to my current build 10/30/0/25/5
Those buffs include:
Scepter – 30% projectile speed – great buff
Vulnerability trough blind now last 10s instead of 5s – great buff
Signet of judgment now breaks stun and weakness affect also crit. strikes – great buff

there’s no point for me to change build

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Zindrix.1750

I switched to the 20/0/30/20/0 last night and ran Hotw p1. It seems to be pretty decent. I have more damage and I heal just a tad more. Taking the 10 points out of Radiance did drop my crit % just below 60%, but I’m ok with that. Haven’t played my guardian in awhile, but even with over 2k toughness I feel like he takes too much damage sometimes, maybe I just need to dodge more.

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Spirit Weapons can wreck people in seconds with the new +50% dmg trait.

Call Hammer and Sword, use VoJ and buff them with Staff 3. Hammer smash can crit for about 6k, sword smash for 3k, all of it while you keep slashing at them.

New patch, new build?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i wouldn’t mind trying out a spirit weapon build again for fun in PvE. though i feel in PvP they still get taken down too fast. or WvW rather in big fights.

though i guess they were always more 1v1+ fitted? tbh, not very experienced with them. so all buffs / boons work on them? does regen work on them too?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall