New to Guardian, how is this build?

in Guardian

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve yet to reach 80 on my guard, at the moment she’s not even level 25. But because I like to get all my gear bought, upgraded and ready to go for when an alt reaches 80 I’d like to know how this build sounds before I go throwing my money away.
Take a look at the link and tell me what you think. It will be primarily focused on WvW, mid to front-lining zergs and if feasible for roaming as well. I spend about 60% of my time flipping camps/sentry’s, tapping gates, killing yaks and scouting towers on my Ranger and I enjoy roaming more so than zerging. But I digress, a Guardian is great for group support and can hold their own solo as well.
So let me know what you think about this and whether it would be a good build or not.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUQQNAS8elYgiD3GSNEf4EilCC6gwUQgZ01DIiiaIA-jkDBYLCyUDwkGQUBAZPFRjtsJiFXDZV1ATVKpKXCymzByeG2bIpOFYSBMqwI-w

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

I’ve yet to reach 80 on my guard, at the moment she’s not even level 25. But because I like to get all my gear bought, upgraded and ready to go for when an alt reaches 80 I’d like to know how this build sounds before I go throwing my money away.
Take a look at the link and tell me what you think. It will be primarily focused on WvW, mid to front-lining zergs and if feasible for roaming as well. I spend about 60% of my time flipping camps/sentry’s, tapping gates, killing yaks and scouting towers on my Ranger and I enjoy roaming more so than zerging. But I digress, a Guardian is great for group support and can hold their own solo as well.
So let me know what you think about this and whether it would be a good build or not.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUQQNAS8elYgiD3GSNEf4EilCC6gwUQgZ01DIiiaIA-jkDBYLCyUDwkGQUBAZPFRjtsJiFXDZV1ATVKpKXCymzByeG2bIpOFYSBMqwI-w

what are you planning on using your guardian for? WvW, PvE, sPvP?

Hi

in Guardian

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

He did say WvW roaming primary, with a bit of zerging too.

If you’re going to be solo, wouldn’t Focused Mind be better than Retributive Armor?

Also, at the expense of more sluggish hammer, you could drop Honor traits altogether and pick up Virtues for Stability off Virtue of Courage.
Also could go 10 into Zeal/Radiance for Vulnerability or sword crit or something.

in Guardian

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

I could name 10 ways to make build better, and then probably quite a few more.
No Swiftness/No Passive +25% = Slug
Signet Of Resolve = Debatable
Traits – 100 reasons and some more why they are bad. No Virtues? Signet Mastery(with 1 signet?) Wrathful Spirit?
Gear – Both Sigils and Runes(omg?) are far from optimal.
No Ascended Gear?
Too much precision and critical damage, too little power to achieve optimal DPS/power) provide all the same DPS increase.

in Guardian

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I could name 10 ways to make build better, and then probably quite a few more.
No Swiftness/No Passive +25% = Slug
Signet Of Resolve = Debatable
Traits – 100 reasons and some more why they are bad. No Virtues? Signet Mastery(with 1 signet?) Wrathful Spirit?
Gear – Both Sigils and Runes(omg?) are far from optimal.
No Ascended Gear?
Too much precision and critical damage, too little power to achieve optimal DPS/power) provide all the same DPS increase.

Thanks for the criticism. Now where’s the advice? Lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

I’m no expert but maybe this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUQQNAS8dlUgiD3GSNEfIFRugqCxDnhG941DIKxGC-jECB4fCy0HBmKAK5JIZPTjtMsIas6aYKXER1CBMaBA-w

Don’t use Signet heal in PvP and I mean any kind, easyly interrupted. Damage modifiers are important for roaming and even more now since Crit damage will be nerfed. Focus is far more superior than Shield. Personally I prefer GS for Mobility but is Hammer fits your style is also and really good option

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Suggestions for roaming and small group.

You can take a more glassier build into ZvZ, but you really need to go AH + Symbols/Consecrations. Reason being is all the healing from symbols / buff’s… and run a Mace/Focus + Hammer type build (you can keep your trait distribution, just change Med’s Heal to AH).

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

Renewed Justice is going to be kind of bad when roaming, as you won’t have the constant kills needed to make it worth anything.

Empowering Might and Writ of Exaltation are both going to be terrible as well, Hammer is going to be too slow to be stacking much might off of EM. And symbols are kind of bad against single players / small groups because they can always just move out of them unless you keep them locked down in it, in which case, the size of the symbol hardly matters.

I don’t really play much, if any, WvW, but if I were to, and looking to run both Hammer and Meditations, I’d probably start at something a little more like:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUQQNAS8dlUgiD3GSNEf4ES2DAIBXQrCC01DIKiaIA-j0CBYLBmiAhsAg+AOzMipmDZtMsIasKbYaXER1mzByiGWKAmUGB-w
(Maybe with a Scepter and Absolute Resolution trait on hand as well, stats on armor are probably off too, I’m not sure the ideal mix of stats for WvW, I do know the HP looks awful low with the setup I linked).

Honor and Zeal barely bring anything to the table for a meditation build.
Radiance does, but synergizes rather poorly with hammer, being a better fit for one-handed weapon builds. I think hammer builds usually run shouts instead, making honor a more useful traitline than it is for a meditation build.