New to guardian help plz

New to guardian help plz

in Guardian

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Hey guys,
I’m not new to GW2 by any means but I have never leveled guardian this is my 3rd alt and I’m currently lvl 30. Stuff isn’t really all that hard but grinding is taking a little longer than I expected, and I don’t really feel that tough. With my warrior and necro I didn’t think twice about charging a pack of tough mobs or soloing group events, but with guardian it’s not what I was expecting.

I know I’m only 30 but if anyone could give some tips on build, weapons, and what utitys you suggest.

I’m currently running Greatsword & S/F

Any help would be really appreciated.

New to guardian help plz

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I leveled two guardians to 80, the second was easier. The first one was Greatsword/Sword and Shield. Kinda miserable. Second one I changed it up, and use a Hammer for 90% of it. It went a lot faster. If you pick up Honor 5, Virtues 5, and Radiance 15, you can basically sleepwalk through PvE using that. 15 Radiance and 5 Virtues is one of the fundamental synergies in our traits. Honor 5 is important for survivability. You can shotgun you traits all over and not worry about it after that. I recommend points in Honor to round out your build for leveling.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

New to guardian help plz

in Guardian

tattoohead.3217

I have been thinking of using hammer, what’s a good second weapon.

New to guardian help plz

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Other than Staff for swiftness, Mace is good because of the additional AoE. In solo PvE if you are in a group it’s much easier to use Protector’s Strike, and stacking symbols is also good damage too. You will find yourself pretty ‘slow’ feeling if you don’t bring a staff or Retreat for some on demand swiftness though.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

New to guardian help plz

in Guardian

tattoohead.3217

Thanks for the help, levels are going a lot faster now.