Next Elite Spec Weapon should be...

in Guardian

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Guardian should get off hand dagger or full dagger dagger, which would be even better. The elementalist uses d/d and is magical. Guardians are magical warriors, so it makes sense. Daggers are often associated with magic.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Ill rather take double swords or double maces instead of daggers.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Daggers sound nice, assuming they function more like magical weapons ala the necro/ele.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I want a rifle or off-hand pistol.

If rifle, it will have a laser auto, like mesmer’s greatsword or our own downed 1.

Pistol will focus on mobility, with #5 bring similar to thief’s shortbow #5.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

We need another viable long range weapon after the repeated nerfing of LB into the ground.

Gimme a rifle guardian spec called something like Sentry that focuses on CC/Buffs (like pre-nerfed Ana from OW)

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

pistol or off and pistol as wel :\, but sucks that it would get tied to X spec trait….

IMO not all additions should be elite spec..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

IMO not all additions should be elite spec..

I completely agree. At the very least they should give each utility type a full set of skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Offhand mace would be my vote. A guardian using guns doesn’t work in my head. shrug

I’d sooner see D/D than that tbh…

If you want something magical though, I’d love to see a mainhand focus.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Guardian doesn’t get to dual wield, and I kinda like it that way. I’d rather they exhaust all options before they get to break that rule.

And if they break the rule, I’d like to see something like Spellbreaker, where the spec’s focus is dual wielding a new weapon, not just “here’s an off-hand sword”.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

If you want something magical though, I’d love to see a mainhand focus.

I’d love a mainhand focus. Honestly the only reason I’d be okay with daggers is if they’re used like foci.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Hopefully axe, i got me an legendary axe based on the previous leaks so i hope i have not wasted time and gold here.

:-)

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Guardian doesn’t get to dual wield.

Umm… what?

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Umm… what?

I meant wield 2 of the same weapon. Guardians main-hands (scepter, sword, mace and now axe) don’t have an off-hand version.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

It’s already confirmed that we get mainhand axe. I would have preferred it to be offhand but oh well.

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Umm… what?

I meant wield 2 of the same weapon. Guardians main-hands (scepter, sword, mace and now axe) don’t have an off-hand version.

We don’t have any now, but that doesn’t mean that couldn’t change in the future.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Umm… what?

We don’t have any now, but that doesn’t mean that couldn’t change in the future.

Which is why I said, if it’s going to change, do it right. Like, give as a dual wielding spec like Spellbreaker is dual-wielding dagger.

Just shipping an off-hand sword/mace would be meh. Like, why would guardian need a spec to use these weapons with their other hand?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

I vote for mainhand shield.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

It’s already confirmed that we get mainhand axe. I would have preferred it to be offhand but oh well.

I havent seen that confirmation, only leaked pictures in early development.

Can you share where anet confirmed this? It would ease my mind to know for sure.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Can you share where anet confirmed this? It would ease my mind to know for sure.

You should propably go to the sub-forums where they discuss the leaks further. Don’t think this is the place for it.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

You should propably go to the sub-forums where they discuss the leaks further. Don’t think this is the place for it.

I been there and haven’t seen a confirmation from Anet. Just rumors based on leaked graphics.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

They are most definitely not in early development. We have finished art, which is done last, when everything else is finalised, and an in-game screenshot that shows that at least one skill has fully developed vfx, which again is not standard for early testing.

Also, anet confirmed them by not denying them like they have done with past leaks, and by taking down albums and videos directly with copyright claims. And during the reddit ama, MO pretty much confirmed them by asking people to not share them and that the leaks make it difficult for them to market the next expansion.

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Umm… what?

Which is why I said, if it’s going to change, do it right. Like, give as a dual wielding spec like Spellbreaker is dual-wielding dagger.

Just shipping an off-hand sword/mace would be meh. Like, why would guardian need a spec to use these weapons with their other hand?

Personally I think dual wielding maces would be awesome, especially with some new skins (like making them look like escrima sticks).

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m pretty sure we also had Ele sword skills/art too for HoT but that was changed.

It’s most likely axe but until official confirmation, nothing is certain.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

I’m pretty sure we also had Ele sword skills/art too for HoT but that was changed.

It’s most likely axe but until official confirmation, nothing is certain.

We had only part of the tooltips and no art. And it wasn’t a fluke, they confirmed it was changed to warhorn but was sword originally.

Of course, nothing is certain, but it’s just a tad ridiculous to call what we have early development material, is all.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

They are most definitely not in early development. We have finished art, which is done last, when everything else is finalised, and an in-game screenshot that shows that at least one skill has fully developed vfx, which again is not standard for early testing.

Also, anet confirmed them by not denying them like they have done with past leaks, and by taking down albums and videos directly with copyright claims. And during the reddit ama, MO pretty much confirmed them by asking people to not share them and that the leaks make it difficult for them to market the next expansion.

Ofc its early in the development process, they havent even announced a release date and if you check out how they launched HoT and vanilla GW2 its at least 6 months from launch. But thats is not confirmed, its alternative facts.

I assume you have direct insight in the development process and that the pictures provided is the pictures we gonna see in game?

What you are saying is that it is not confirmed but a lot of indicators point in the axe direction, i.e alternative facts! Nothing new, that was the reason why i bought the axe.

We seen stuff that people thought was certain/confirmed thru leaks change hence i think we shouldnt use the word “confirmed” unless Anet actually has confirmed it.

But you all has answered my initial question, its not confirmed but the opinion is that it is likely that we will see axe as the guardian weapon.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

We have a release schedule, but not an exact date. About 3 months from the next episode, which is relesed in a month. The expansion will be revealed officially with the episode’s launch.

Again, this is not early development, which is the term I disagreed with. They have been developing the expansion for a year and a half already.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Offhand mace would be my vote. A guardian using guns doesn’t work in my head. shrug

Are you familiar with Witchhunters from the Warhammer universe or Inquisitors from the 40k side? That’s how I could/would imagine a guardian with guns.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

What about a polearm? It is a great candidate if Anet ever decides to add new weapons... IF!

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

New weapons won’t happen, but polearms can be land spears, using those skins. Though, I’m pretty sure guardian won’t be the class that debutes land spears, probably warrior.

in Guardian

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Personally, I’m not convinced that moving a water weapon to land is any more likely than introducing an entirely new weapon type. Sure, they can re-use art assets if they make a weapon amphibious, but on the other hand, they’d also need to tweak the interface so that the water weapons can go into either the water slots or the land slots. That may not be trivial.

If and when they do debut either, though, I don’t think they’ll go to that effort for just one profession. Every weapon in the game had at least two professions that used it on launch – that seems to be what ArenaNet considers to be the smallest amount of usage that justifies a new weapon. And when it comes to using a spear or polearm… guardian is probably about as fitting as warrior, so if they were introduced I’d expect them to debut on both, and possibly a third profession such as ranger.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

They can introduce a new terrestrial weapon, call it a lance, and just have it share skins with spear. I don’t think a straight port would happen, especially for the legendaries, whose effects won’t even work on land.

Spear is plenty fitting on guardian, doesn’t mean it will happen for guardian first. Resistance and taunt were very thematic for the class, so of course we didn’t get them.

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Are you familiar with Witchhunters from the Warhammer universe or Inquisitors from the 40k side? That’s how I could/would imagine a guardian with guns.

Familiar with Inquisitors. Not analoguous to guardians in my head. I’m not sure 40K has one….

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Familiar with Inquisitors. Not analoguous to guardians in my head. I’m not sure 40K has one….

On 40kWHM lore guardians would be like a gw2 rifle warrior, still im not expecting much from the next expantion, since they borked up alot with the DH and with HoT awfull class designs, it would be better to be a pistol(for pvp reasons) main and some other type of better utilities instead of these based on smash buttons gimmicks.

ANet @ game balance and class design…. never expect a good job….. they even called the dragon hunter was based on wich hunters…. wtf…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Well no, if you think guardians are like paladins. If you think of them more like a crusader, it starts to feel better as a comparison. As guardian is not the goody-two-shoes archetype but a greyer profession than that what you know from other games.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

One-hand Spear with range of 1200.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Well no, if you think guardians are like paladins. If you think of them more like a crusader, it starts to feel better as a comparison. As guardian is not the goody-two-shoes archetype but a greyer profession than that what you know from other games.

I can’t stand paladins lol. I like guardians because they are not that. To me, they are more like… a knights hospitaler with a little western monk who is focused on protecting the people, more so that than the crusading paladin archetype out to destroy the evil. That’s part of the reason why I hated DH. Now I know there’s a lot of ways to look at guardian, and those are all valid. Just giving my perspective.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

I don’t really like paladins much myself; I don’t really care much for heavy armor stuff in general but eh. I just like guardians because they’re descendants of monks and they use a bunch of light magic.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Guardian always had a strong zealot theme, so it was never the goody paladin of other fantasy worlds.