No way to go with my guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Corvette.5687

Corvette.5687

I have create and play my guardian to Level 80 and never figure it out to play and make fun of him. This is my built and trait “http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNApdWl0ApRodCxWI8DNx8gUbgCY/Mb07aB-TBTBABWcIAeSJWWKPAS9nnPBANYiLF9ALcEAkQJ4R7PEjmAAeAAkC4ilRA-e

My build can go alone with any champions, of cause, consume a lot of time to make it. I can assist people who fight against powerful foe and bring it down with his or her health above 50% during the fight.

When i run dungeon, i use the power and boon of my comrade to obtain enough DPS, I have try condition build but it fail to obtain enough burning damage

PS. In my opinion, Guard have many synergist trait and skill, but they are on a different line of trait so guardians power are limited

Schizophrenic player

(edited by Corvette.5687)

in Guardian

Posted by: schulzki.1862

schulzki.1862

hey corvette

i dont know what to say, to be honest…

when i look at your build it is no surprise you have no fun playing your guardian. i would recommend that you read this very carefully and try again.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-PVE-Guardian-101-A-Beginner-s-Text

ty

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

>https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I’m confused by this thread. At first I was sure it was a troll, but this is his first post, so maybe it’s a new troll, but you seem more like a new player.

‘’never figure it out to play make fun of him’’ ?? What are you trying to say here. You want to make fun of your guardian? Or you never figure out how to have fun while playing your guardian? Or you never figure out how to play it right while having fun?

Anyway. That’s a terrible build. Follow the links that other ppl posted. They explain 2 years of players trying different stuff and figuring out what is best on guardian.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hey lads, don’t be too rude!

Only a few weeks ago I made a similar topic “Entertaining Guardian”.

It wasn’t easy to get the feeling of the profession. It’s a bit slow-paced and not a keyboard-smasher type to play. But the timing makes the Guardian a fun profession to play!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Entertaining-Guardian/first#post4495944

So s/he is not the first one who needs some advice to find the fun side of this gamestyle…

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

‘’never figure it out to play make fun of him’’ ?? What are you trying to say here. You want to make fun of your guardian? Or you never figure out how to have fun while playing your guardian? Or you never figure out how to play it right while having fun?

I’m guessing English may not be his first language judging by the grammar.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Fun doesn’t necessarily have much to do with how fast you kill stuff so throwing meta builds at him is not a well-thought out approach.

Frankly, I think he might not find his build fun because there is alot of passive stuff going on.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Fun doesn’t necessarily have much to do with how fast you kill stuff so throwing meta builds at him is not a well-thought out approach.

Frankly, I think he might not find his build fun because there is alot of passive stuff going on.

But that’s pretty much how this kind of guardian spec (and most bunkerish builds on any class I would say) works in PvE. You mitigate incoming damage through things like high toughness, protection and even the signet and then you heal it up through a lot of small healing sources, many of them working on a quite passive way. It’s passive and rotationary gameplay by nature.
If a player is looking for a more active gameplay in order to have fun, the answer is going to be about active defenses (which OP build has a good amount by the way), and once you start using them properly one of the first thing you’ll notice is that you don’t need to pack so much healing and sturdiness.
You can still have them, of course, but if you’re looking for a more active gameplay and you barely notice the mistakes you made, well, I don’t find that gameplay especially engaging.

In the end, if the player is looking for a more active approach, shifting towards offense is pretty much the only answer. Going from his build to a meta one might be quite an extreme change to be made in asingle go, but the answer itself isn’t that missleading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Looks to me that the OP wants to play a support guardian in a gamemode where it is not that highly valued. Not sure if he wants a new build or to just tell the devs he is unhappy.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

Thanks for advice.
This is my first post because i have no problem with the another classes. I run warrior, thief that participate in FOTM with 40 AR PVP WvWvW and all dungeon very well. Still i cannnot make fun with only my guardian. (having fun while playing my guardian)

From today, i take ur advice and study about guardian mechanic.
Ps. my enlish writting skill is bad because i am asian, but i read well, okay?

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

I roughly typed that time, i missed the word “and” between “play” and “make”. I will try this one tonight to see if it work for me
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAW8flsApSoVDxZIEENR8Ql9YEjzY1BQB8oYlEA-TRiAwAZOCgSwEXAAc6GA8QAeYizqSsl7PcU9HxKPCAcAwu7ubIFwkKrA-e” sigh….

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I roughly typed that time, i missed the word “and” between “play” and “make”. I will try this one tonight to see if it work for me
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAW8flsApSoVDxZIEENR8Ql9YEjzY1BQB8oYlEA-TRiAwAZOCgSwEXAAc6GA8QAeYizqSsl7PcU9HxKPCAcAwu7ubIFwkKrA-e” sigh….

Hi Corvette, it wasnt a criticism. I was actually defending you. Your English writing is better my writing of well pretty much any other language.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Thaddeus.4891

Ya corvette. I wasn’t making fun of you. Just trying to understand your question so we could answer it in the right way.

English is my second language so I had my share of screwing up while writing stuff on forums

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

Just explaination, guy…. Now i am trying to run carrion gear but two or three ascended accessory have to be obtained by my worrior in FOTM. I guess it will took me 2-3 day to complete my carrion guardian.

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Just explaination, guy…. Now i am trying to run carrion gear but two or three ascended accessory have to be obtained by my worrior in FOTM. I guess it will took me 2-3 day to complete my carrion guardian.

Honestly, I wouldn’t do that.
Conditions do not work fine in most PvE content. Either enemies die too fast for conditions to make a difference, or the condition cap is covered by other players and you’re unable to land yours.
For Guardians it’s even worse: Since burning (the only daaging condition we can apply naturally) stacks in time, another burning user is enough to seriously cut your damage.
If you want to give it a try for fun, do it, but you probably shouldn’t be investing on ascended gear.

in Guardian

Thaddeus.4891

Ya don’t go into a Carrion Guardian and don’t go into ascended gear. You don’t seem to know the profession very well yet so don’t go into expensive stuff right away.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJARWl0ApQoNDxVI8DNR8gUZgGYuM61xOeD-ThCEABJcBAKZ/htUCykyvc1Eoo6PVcIA6QHAAPAgHOCAAA-e

This is the build im using most of the time while im playing my guardian.

16k hp and 2800 armor is good enough,specially with AH

with fully stacked sigil of bloodlust and around 10 might (form my own staff or from other players around me i have 3k atk wich is also quite good.

The traits are currently set up for some sort of team/zergy pve content, such as silverwastes, but there are other traits i like to swich around if i want do give myself some more power. Same goes with utility skills

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hey lads, don’t be too rude!

Only a few weeks ago I made a similar topic “Entertaining Guardian”.

It wasn’t easy to get the feeling of the profession. It’s a bit slow-paced and not a keyboard-smasher type to play. But the timing makes the Guardian a fun profession to play!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Entertaining-Guardian/first#post4495944

So s/he is not the first one who needs some advice to find the fun side of this gamestyle…

:) glad you were able to find the fun in guardian

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJARWl0ApQoNDxVI8DNR8gUZgGYuM61xOeD-ThCEABJcBAKZ/htUCykyvc1Eoo6PVcIA6QHAAPAgHOCAAA-e

This is the build im using most of the time while im playing my guardian.

16k hp and 2800 armor is good enough,specially with AH

with fully stacked sigil of bloodlust and around 10 might (form my own staff or from other players around me i have 3k atk wich is also quite good.

The traits are currently set up for some sort of team/zergy pve content, such as silverwastes, but there are other traits i like to swich around if i want do give myself some more power. Same goes with utility skills

I am sure that ur trait and gear provide super potential in gameplay, and i see many of my friends use this built. Instead, I just wonder if i can make my guardian far more differnt from meta guardian such as zerker/Medi or something else. Thank you, any way.

I already get all of the gear u mentioned (but in an exotic version) and i have found it very useful, but not so different. I hope u understand me.

However, there is no such thing wasting along the way of crafting. I haven’t gotten level 500 in armor smithing, crafting carrion things can make me able to craft ascended one.

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

This is a guardian of mine. I try to make her a blue flame magus so that’s why i ask u.

Attachments:

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Thaddeus.4891

You can get away from Meta. But Meta is about what is the more efficient right now. The further you get from meta, the less useful you’ll get. If you run meta trait with knight gear, you are still useful, but don’t do as much dmg. If you go meta trait with soldier gear, you do really small dmg. If you change trait and have cleric gear with a staff, then you are useless in PvE. You will survive and rez everybody, but the group will die, because they do 1/5 less dmg than usual.

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

You can get away from Meta. But Meta is about what is the more efficient right now. The further you get from meta, the less useful you’ll get. If you run meta trait with knight gear, you are still useful, but don’t do as much dmg. If you go meta trait with soldier gear, you do really small dmg. If you change trait and have cleric gear with a staff, then you are useless in PvE. You will survive and rez everybody, but the group will die, because they do 1/5 less dmg than usual.

Your point’s taken. I was starting to feel it 1 and a half year ago that meta build is always the best and the most useful. Having seen only meta build running around have been realized me and made me understand how to run a guardian. Still, I just want to make my gameplay more interesting—running a new build, using useless rune and sigil, wearing unusual gears. Importantly, if I want to run a serious event, to make gold, to complete FOTM, I would rather run my meta-built Warrior, Mesmer, thief, or Elementalist.

Any way, I am happy for all of your advice and opinion. U will see I post strange build again and again.

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

“I feel like meta build is always the best and the most useful”.

Guys. That’s the point of the meta.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Maybe something like this.

…you could just use celestial stats for everything too

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRApf7fl0ApSo9CxZI8DNR8Ql5Y0iVHATwji5UsFA-ThiAABBpKwsKBbWJCAnEgHMh9kyLBeCAsoDAU1eUaFASBcxyI-e

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

Maybe something like this.

…you could just use celestial stats for everything too

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRApf7fl0ApSo9CxZI8DNR8Ql5Y0iVHATwji5UsFA-ThiAABBpKwsKBbWJCAnEgHMh9kyLBeCAsoDAU1eUaFASBcxyI-e

This is interesting, guy. I will try this right away.

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I take you are also interested in killing champions in open world? This is the setup I use when I solo champions and in Living Story.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArd7flsApUoFCxfH8DRx8QlVJa9G8BXQlBQBg1SA-TRRBwAX3fU+dT9H86HAcSAMrEkUAXsMC-e

The build editor didn’t have it, but I use Sigil of Incapacitation on Scepter (3 second Cripple on 5 second cooldown on crit) to help kiting. If you don’t like Torch or need AoE, have Greatsword on swap.

The point of the setup is basically kiting the enemy to avoid hits, while avoiding hits in return increases your own damage. Let me know if you like it (its close to a standard Scepter build but still).

Edit: The adept major trait in Zeal should be Fiery Wrath, I forgot to change that.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

in Guardian

Corvette.5687

I take you are also interested in killing champions in open world? This is the setup I use when I solo champions and in Living Story.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArd7flsApUoFCxfH8DRx8QlVJa9G8BXQlBQBg1SA-TRRBwAX3fU+dT9H86HAcSAMrEkUAXsMC-e

The build editor didn’t have it, but I use Sigil of Incapacitation on Scepter (3 second Cripple on 5 second cooldown on crit) to help kiting. If you don’t like Torch or need AoE, have Greatsword on swap.

The point of the setup is basically kiting the enemy to avoid hits, while avoiding hits in return increases your own damage. Let me know if you like it (its close to a standard Scepter build but still).

Edit: The adept major trait in Zeal should be Fiery Wrath, I forgot to change that.

Despite being modified zerker, I have found it interesting. All I have to do is to find a Sigil of Incapacitation to fit my scepter. It is much more colourful then any meta build I have seen.

I like it. !!!

Schizophrenic player

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

The build is zerker because you don’t have to have defensive stats if you avoid hits, and you have to finish the foe quick as you might not kite for too long (lag, doorbell, swiftness finishes, some random mob pack attacks etc.)

You cant find the sigil on TP; its one of those new sigils which you actually have to craft through having Weaponsmith 400. I also thought the build might fit your take on the class as a “blue magus”. Cheers.

Note: I made the build editor on phone, so after seeing it again I realized I haven’t included Scepter Power. To save you from trouble here is the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArd7flsApUoFCxfH8DRR8QlVKa9HMCbQlBwEg1TA-TRRBwAX3fU+dT9H86HAcSAMrEkUACsMC-e

Note that I have changed to food to %8 damage on movement food and swiftness on kill. You can eat whatever you want, but when you are trying to take down a champion with this build you generally dont sit back and every bit of swiftness helps. A cheaper consumable for this effect is Experimental Remnant (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Remnant).

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)