"None shall pass" pvp guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

I know dragonhunter is the current thing but I decided to make a character that I will level solely through pvp(and crafting).

So is there any need for a you shall not pass guardian, using a lot of walls and bubbles? And if so are there any good builds for this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

although it’sometimes fun to use it as an extra to your build I wouldn’t focus entirely on it.
all it takes is a bit of stability or a death shroud and you’re countered hard.

If you like though you can get a lot of CC fun on a Dragonhunter by using Hammer + the Dragon’s Maw trap.

as long as they don’t use stability you can keep your enemies in line using your ring of warding, trap, knockback, immobilize etc. while not losing too much damage/sustain.

also it’s a lot of fun to drop a Ring of Warding once in a while.
I once met a Warrior who simply did not understand the concept of the Ring and kept trying to walk out of it being knocked back time after time!

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hammer + Mace/Shield is the way to go…. Brutal auto damage + CC like there is no tomorrow… Stability can screw you up so you have to have a few utilities to counter the Stability spammers… Called Immob… Signet of Wrath with it’s 10% immob uptime can really help…. The other way is to swap Mace for Scepter and call it a day…

Hammer/Sc+Shield is a very good combination… (it was used as Sc+Focus before HoT…)

Happy Guardin’!

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Hammer/Sc+Shield is a very good combination… (it was used as Sc+Focus before HoT…)

Gotta say I’ve been trying it out lately and can agree, I’m starting to like the Shield more than the Focus

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Notable none-shall-pass-ish barriers are Line of Warding (Staff), Ring of Warding (Hammer), Hunter’s Ward (Longbow), Wall of Reflection, and Sanctuary (which recently got buffed too). Dragon’s Maw, Shield of Courage, and Shield of Absorption are fairly none-shall-pass-ish too.