Norn Guardian and water...

in Guardian

Posted by: SparkStormrider.4512

SparkStormrider.4512

Am I missing something or all of our elite skills except 1 are not usable under water?? I noticed this lastnight as I was leveling. Bug? Intended?

I have been reading the forums and haven’t seen any threads regarding this, so please forgive me if it has been brought up before.

In war the worst thing you could do is die for your country, make the other jerk die for his!

in Guardian

SparkStormrider.4512

And when I mean our I’m talking about being the race Norn and profession Guardian.

In war the worst thing you could do is die for your country, make the other jerk die for his!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I think its intended, though its a tad annoying as I’m also a Norn Guard. Our utility skills like Hallowed Ground and Wall of Reflection are unusable underwater for slightly obvious reasons, as most anything 2d in nature is disabled. We also don’t have any symbols underwater, which may explain the tome situation for our “normal” elites, and it might’ve been decided that our animal transforms wouldn’t work underwater.

Its unfortunate, but eh, we continue on.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

To be honest form what I have seen the guardian seem to be weak under water, the skill set are kinda wired being, one spell on 600 range and the other on 200, or the trident winch is a long range weapons put we are to be tanky.

We’re out of chicken

in Guardian

Posted by: Ultramatum.5162

Ultramatum.5162

Best options for Guardians underwater are Sanctuary, Spirit Weapons, and Shouts. Sanctuary is amazing underwater. Basically makes you invincible. Spirit Sword or Shield is good too. Save Yourselves or Retreat is good as well. Renewed Focus isn’t the best Elite, but it’s okay for underwater if you have your virtues buffed.

Ultramagus | lvl 80 Guardian
Proud Member of [ICoa] on Blackgate
http://imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in Guardian

SparkStormrider.4512

Yeah I use most of those skills underwater, Ultramatum. I was just wondering why only 1 elite was available to Norn Guardians in water. Like why not bearform or snow leopard? And don’t say its because its underwater, I have my aquatic helm on. XD

in Guardian

Posted by: Ultramatum.5162

Ultramatum.5162

I guess if our Tomes get wet, they’re kinda useless. lol.

I never bothered to buy any of our form changes so I didn’t notice they were missing underwater. My only justification would be that your aquatic helm is made for a human face and an animal’s nose is too big so your breather wouldn’t fit. :-)

Ultramagus | lvl 80 Guardian
Proud Member of [ICoa] on Blackgate
http://imperialcoalition.enjin.com