OP WvW Guardians

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Aoko.3562

Aoko.3562

Just met a group of 3 in wvw. They had lemongrass food with maint oils and got super offended when I complimented and asked if they were willing to compare builds. They were super super tanky and still did a ton of burst damage, anyone know a similar build? All I can think of is zerkers mix with some kind of toughness / healing power. Halp.

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

It can be a mix of different equipment, like knight, berserker, valkyrie, etc. And a lot of Cleric/Soldier. An whit Empowering Might Trait ability they can obtain 1 Might every crit (cooldown 1 sec). 3 Guardian can obtain 3 might for 5 sec every sec (if critical hit). That can make them obtain 9 might in 3 seconds. Whit critical and staff they can obtain a lot of might XD
And whit a good build that can make them be “OP”.
But nah, a group of guardian can give you lesser problems than a group of thiefs, expecially in wvsw XD

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Aoko.3562

It can be a mix of different equipment, like knight, berserker, valkyrie, etc. And a lot of Cleric/Soldier. An whit Empowering Might Trait ability they can obtain 1 Might every crit (cooldown 1 sec). 3 Guardian can obtain 3 might for 5 sec every sec (if critical hit). That can make them obtain 9 might in 3 seconds. Whit critical and staff they can obtain a lot of might XD
And whit a good build that can make them be “OP”.
But nah, a group of guardian can give you lesser problems than a group of thiefs, expecially in wvsw XD

No might stacking from empowering might, could possibly be cleric+soldiers due to tankiness + dodge heals but they were critting pretty frequently / hard so also doubt that as well. One was meditation and the other two were shouts. :T And yes, we all know that about thieves, I’m simply asking because my guard is full clerics and or full zerks and they seemed to do everything both of those builds I use do, but better.

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

Check out my builds here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/The-WvW-bruiser-build/first#post4001704

They focus on balancing high damage with high survivability. Going either full cleric or full zerker isn’t really ideal in wvw. Full zerker just straight up isn’t viable. You have nowhere near enough toughness or vit to keep a reasonable amount of survivability. A few pieces is fine, but full zerker is just stupid.
Cleric will keep you alive pretty well, but you’ll hit like a wet noodle and it’s not really worth it. You also have a tiny base hp, so you’re susceptible to being burst down quickly if you’re cc’d.
You can mix and match your armour to get a pretty strong set of stats.
As a guard you should be aiming for at least:
1.8k power
30% crit chance
3k toughness
17-20k hp (This is dependent on your healing power, applied fortitude stacks also help a ton with this)
600 healing power (It’s possible to go without healing power, but you need to compensate in your other defensive stats. I’d only ever sacrifice healing power for a big spike in damage. Having at least 600 will help you stay alive a lot longer.)

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Aoko.3562

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/The-WvW-bruiser-build/first#post4001704

They focus on balancing high damage with high survivability. Going either full cleric or full zerker isn’t really ideal in wvw. Full zerker just straight up isn’t viable. You have nowhere near enough toughness or vit to keep a reasonable amount of survivability. A few pieces is fine, but full zerker is just stupid.
Cleric will keep you alive pretty well, but you’ll hit like a wet noodle and it’s not really worth it. You also have a tiny base hp, so you’re susceptible to being burst down quickly if you’re cc’d.
1.8k power
30% crit chance
3k toughness
17-20k hp (This is dependent on your healing power, applied fortitude stacks also help a ton with this)
600 healing power (It’s possible to go without healing power, but you need to compensate in your other defensive stats. I’d only ever sacrifice healing power for a big spike in damage. Having at least 600 will help you stay alive a lot longer.)

Those are the same stats I get from just mixing zerker/PTV armor with cleric’s accessories pretty much. Doesn’t work that well from my experience but I’ll give it another try I guess.

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

1.8k power
30% crit chance
3k toughness

Those are the same stats I get from just mixing zerker/PTV armor with cleric’s accessories pretty much. Doesn’t work that well from my experience but I’ll give it another try I guess.

It works fine if you play actively. Full clerics is seriously overkill for sustain. If you need that much healing power to stay alive you’re probably doing something wrong.

Also, those stats are pretty minimal. Check out the builds in the link (mainly the second one) to see what kind of numbers are possible.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Aoko.3562

1.8k power
30% crit chance
3k toughness

It works fine if you play actively. Full clerics is seriously overkill for sustain. If you need that much healing power to stay alive you’re probably doing something wrong.

Also, those stats are pretty minimal. Check out the builds in the link (mainly the second one) to see what kind of numbers are possible.

I did, didn’t like that you rely on signet for 180 power. Basically same stats other than the HP difference, due to PTV giving more. :o Thanks for the feed back though, as I said I’ll give it a try but I’m still open to more suggestions.

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

I main a Guardian with the following setup.

I have a full set of knight’s armor (Ascended). I have added Trooper runes (soldier runes) to the set.

I have also added 3x +5 toughness infusions and 3x +5 vitality infusions to the entire set.

My back piece is ascended (Knights) and I also added a +5 precision infusion to that.

The rest of all my ascended trinkets (Amulet, 2x rings and 2x earrings) are Zerk stats each fitted with a +5 precision/toughness infusion.

I run a Zerk stat great sword fitted with a +5 Precision and +5 power infusion. Sigil of perception and sigil of fire.

Secondary weapon is my staff, stats power, toughness and healing power. Both slots infused with +5 power and +5 precision. Sigil of energy and Sigil accuracy.

Using Top end oils. I use MF food, I survive long enough and kill easy enough with gear, no need to hyper inflate, I rather increase my MF.

So yes, you gonna wonder why my 23k HP (5 stacks of WvW power/vitality buffs) does not go down and your HP melts away.

Hopefully no nerfs inbound, you can imagine the coin and laurels used to get the above completed.

Some stats, oiled, excluding wvw mastery buffs:

Power: 2041 (Raw value without power +5 stack from wvw mastery)
Precision 1781
Toughness: 1756 ( Jumps to 1890 when I switch to staff mode. Gives me added padding before the 580 healing pops up)
Crit chance: 45%
Armour: 3161
HP: 20500 (goes to just over 23k with vitality buff)
Healing power: 330 when wielding GS, goes to 580 when switching to staff. I heal in staff mode.

Lastly, lots of practice and the correct use of your skills at the appropriate time becomes the most important part and that no amount of awesome armor or effective build will be any good without the first mentioned knowledge.

Good luck XD

(edited by Slaptjip.4895)

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It’s 3 guards and 3 guards working together is tough to kill especially if they built right same thing happens when you put guards and d/d eles together or guards and warriors.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

It’s 3 guards and 3 guards working together is tough to kill especially if they built right same thing happens when you put guards and d/d eles together or guards and warriors.

Not just 3 guards but 3 of any class that works great together can be hard to kill.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

OP WvW Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Not just 3 guards but 3 of any class that works great together can be hard to kill.

^^ This. In fact, any small group working together or having played a while together will wreck just about anything in front of them. I see this all the time. Hell, just ran into a 5 man group of heavy armor composed of 2 guardians and 3 warriors. Talking about a wrecking ball (and not that tramp twerker either!).

Side note to Moleless – it isn’t stupid to run a full zerker setup in WvW. It is actually a pretty big challenge to play if truth be told. I’d put it up there a close second to playing with nothing on but your birthday suit. Is it ideal? No. I’ll give you that and I wouldn’t recommend it for the average player. But there are some on this forum who run it and do pretty amazing with it and not hitting upscaled players or picking on those with low health. I’m talking about engaging multiple targets.

Anyway – that is all

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)