Old Tomes Animation

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

If anyone members, guards before HOT had tomes, animation looked like this youtube video.

for some reason, the new tomes (vitrues) don’t use this animation w/ the big old book. i says they should put it back in

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I want the tomes back too ;(.

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

it always seemed to me that guards of the past enjoyed the animation as much if not more than the function of tomes. i think was probabily a big raisin why players wanted tomes back at all. it was unque animation that other classes did not use

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I don’t understand what’s so cool about having a giant book in your face. The open-handed caster aesthetic is so much cooler, imo.

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Sorry I don’t share the same opinion there. I was never a fan of old Tomes in any aspect; aesthetics nor abilities.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Old tomes were gimmicks imho.

New one are better but needs tweaking in numbers, design wise they are good.

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

New tomes are not tomes. Yes, they have the name, but that’s all. They are pages.

I don’t understand what’s so cool about having a giant book in your face. The open-handed caster aesthetic is so much cooler, imo.

It’s the epitome of laziness. It’s not an “open-handed aesthetic”, it’s literally nothing. They didn’t design anything, they just have your character use the default combat stance, holding invisible weapons. They didn’t even disable the idle animations, so your character is sitting there throwing an invisible weapon to the air and catching it again.

It’s by far the worst skill effects they’ve designed, because they simply didn’t design anything.

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

it always seemed to me that guards of the past enjoyed the animation as much if not more than the function of tomes. i think was probabily a big raisin why players wanted tomes back at all. it was unque animation that other classes did not use

There were a few reasons why people liked them. They had nice aesthetics, but people also enjoyed them because they played like a “holy mage” or a monk for Tome of Wrath and Tome of Courage respectively.

Old Tomes Animation

in Guardian

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

New tomes are not tomes. Yes, they have the name, but that’s all. They are pages.

It’s the epitome of laziness. It’s not an “open-handed aesthetic”, it’s literally nothing. They didn’t design anything, they just have your character use the default combat stance, holding invisible weapons. They didn’t even disable the idle animations, so your character is sitting there throwing an invisible weapon to the air and catching it again.

It’s by far the worst skill effects they’ve designed, because they simply didn’t design anything.

I’ll agree that a unique stance would be nice, but don’t be so hyperbolic. The particle effects, aura, and casting animations are not ‘nothing’.

Now that I think about it… the old tomes had the guardian stand in the same stance… so were the old tomes also ‘nothing’ because the character stands in the same way as when they wield 1-handed weapons?