Out of the box build

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

I have been playing Guardian since the release, I tested lots of different builds, but I found myself now restricted between Meditation or AH builds. So I was messing around a few days ago and I came up with this build: 0/25/20/0/25. To be honest, I’m loving it…
Here is why:
Best damage I got so far from any build. I was hitting 4k-6k constantly (GS/Hammer) with my top crit for 9k. The survivability is great, I was surprised by been able to survive from zergs much better than the other builds I tried before.

0 in Zeal is almost a must, because zeal line is pretty much useless especially after the SW nerf, 25 in Radiance because I want increase damage on conditions, so if I use VOJ gives me: burning+blind+vulnerability+might+10% damage on conditions+%damage on how many boon you have (Power of the virtues)+Retaliation and is renewed on kill, so you will be using it a lot. 20 in Valor, well just because I need the other points in Virtue otherwise I would put 30, but since I’m not running Meditations or AH build, 20 points is enough. 0 in Honor is pretty much the same, I dont feel the need for more HP since I got about 17k with 0 in Honor, and Honor skills pretty much is a must on AH builds and I’m not doing that. Then 25 in Virtue just because I want to maximize my output damage with boons and get protection/retaliation all the time. And this works very well. here are the Skills I choose:

25 Radiance – I, VI (Using Shelter gives me Blocking and retaliation+heal)
20 Valor -V, VI (losing condition on 10 secs, and more precision is always good)
25 Virtues – I, IX (having Aegis gives 20%damage and using VOR cures 3 conditions+heal+retaliation+regeneration)

6 – Shelter
7 – Stand your ground
8 – Hold the line
9 – Retreat
10 – Renewed focus
I use (P/T/V) armor, GS/Hammer most of the time.

So if you bored from AH or Meditation builds, give this a try, is very fun and reliable.

(edited by Drgori.5724)

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Could you maybe make video that shows off this build?

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Drgori.5724

gonna try it tonight

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

One of the nice things I like about 30 Valor is not necessarily the AH, but the Monk’s Focus for spike healing. I find it is extremely useful in boss facing especially when hit with a spike damage hit.

How does this build do with tanking bosses?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

If you are going to use 3 shouts, you might want to put 10 points in honor for reduced cooldowns.

Maid Of The Coast

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Drgori.5724

@ Lonewolf – not sure on bosses because I dont do much pve or fractals, mainly I play WvW 99% of the time. But i will tried soon. I do really love the meditation build more than AH, so I know that the healing is pretty good

@fisherfrip – I tought about it, but 10 in honor will compromise my damage out put, so I left alone this way, and I dont feel that is bad since I can get a lot of protection/retaliation mean while the skills are on cooldown. If I want to run a more defensive build, yes I would take 15 points from Radiance and add 10 to honor for shouts 20% cd and add 5 points to Virtues to get longer retaliations. But I trying to get the most output damage as possible with a reliable survivability, so shouts cd is not a big deal…

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Taking 10 points out of valor to drop into honor would not reduce your damage much and it would give you near perma vigor along with reduced CDs on your shouts. Shorter CDs on shouts and perma vigor lets you take advantage of your 25 points in virtues by keeping more boons up to boost your damage. You might lose a little damage overall, but it would be a big net gain imo.

Maid Of The Coast

Out of the box build

in Guardian

Drgori.5724

I’m could try, it’s like a trade off :

20 Valor = +100 toughness, +10% crit damage, 5% tough to precision, lose condition every 10s.

10 Honor = +100 vit., +100 healing, vigor on crit, faster shouts

Since in this build I was trying to get more offensive it felt better to keep 20 Valor and deal with longer cooldown. But hey, that’s a good options too