PVE DPS build

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

My PVE Healing build

PVE DPS BUILD LINK
Ignore the numbers; they’re blatantly wrong. This is simply a visual summary of this build.

TRAITS

20 Zeal

• I. Blind Jeopardy
  • VII. Zealous Blade

10 Radiance

• II. Signet Mastery

10 Valor

• V. Purity

30 Honor

• V. Resolute Healer
  • VI. Pure of Heart
  • IX. Two-Handed Mastery

SKILLS

Signet of Resolve
Retreat!
Stand Your Ground!
Signet of Judgement
Renewed Focus

ARMOR

Flame Legion Helm of the Ogre (Superior Rune of the Ogre)
Aetherized Pauldrons (Superior Rune of the Ogre)
Flame Legion Breatplate of the Ogre (Superior Rune of the Ogre)
Hellfire Vambraces (Superior Rune of the Eagle)
Berserker’s Draconic Legs of the Eagle (Superior Rune of the Eagle)
Berserker’s Draconic Boots of the Eagle (Superior Rune of the Eagle)

WEAPONS

Main:
Berserker Destroyer Greatsword of Earth (Superior Sigil of Earth)

Secondary:
Molten Scepter of Accuracy (Major Sigil of Accuracy)
Molten Focus of Accuracy (Major Sigil of Accuracy)

TRINKETS

Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings of Vigor (Embellished Gilded Amethyst Jewel)
Ruby Orichalcum Earring of the Berserker (Exquisite Ruby Jewel)
Ruby Orichalcum Earring of the Berserker (Exquisite Ruby Jewel)
Ruby Orichalcum Amulet of the Berserker (Exquisite Ruby Jewel)
Ruby Orichalcum Ring of the Berserker (Exquisite Ruby Jewel)
Ring of Red Death (Mighty Infusion)

BASE STATS (No buffs, white only stats)

Build stats are bold

Power 2,186
Attack 3,286
Precision 1,763
Critical Change 44%
Toughness 1,036
Armor 2,247
Vitality 1,224
Health 13,885
Condition Damage 100
Condition Duration 20%
Boon Duration 0%
Healing Power 300
Critical Damage 76%
Guardian 0%
Agony Resistance 5
Magic Find 12%

SUMMARY

The mechanics of Champions, World Bosses and Dungeon Bosses sometimes dictate that I need to switch between melee and ranged DPS. This build is designed to offer just that. It offer excellent melee DPS and very good ranged DPS. The emphasis is on melee.

If this build helps please let me know.

Attachments:

(edited by Korval.3751)

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Just for a bit of advice; when posting the gear you’re using, don’t write the name of the skin, but of the actual stat-type. An example being that you wrote down “Flame Legion Helm,” instead of the actual stat-type. Now I can only assume that it’s Berserker (Mainly because that’s what’s in right now, and easy to get from CoF), but I’m just blindly guessing. If you don’t know the names for the different stat types, here’s a link to the wiki page if you’d like to know;
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature#Triple_attribute

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t see the benefit of 10 in radiance just for signet recharging. It seems you’d be better off with 10 more in zeal for scepter power or focused mastery.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Korval.3751

Thank you for the feedback Trigger, Archon. I don’t agree with some of your points but others are worth investigating.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

It offer excellent melee DPS and very good ranged DPS.

Erm, no. Your first claim is just plain wrong. Fiery Wrath and Radiant Power are de facto inevitable traits for “excellent DPS”, both of which you don’t take. Since you don’t seem to be interested in Pure of Voice, take 20/25/0/25/0, or otherwise just the good old 10/30/0/30/0. Those builds offer excellent DPS.

€: Just had some fun estimating damage output for your build. Any of the usual AH builds should result in significantly more damage output by the group (maybe even by youself, didn’t go into the details) than your trait combo. In consequence, you spectacularly missed the purpose of a DPS build.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

(edited by CptAurellian.9537)

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

@OP

You might want to take a look at your sigils of Accuracy in your scepter and focus.
If you equip both these weapons at the same time, the sigil effects do not stack, You are essentially wasting one of those sigils and a sigil slot.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

take 20/25/0/25/0, or otherwise just the good old 10/30/0/30/0. Those builds offer excellent DPS.

^ These will add 30%+ to your base damage if the criteria are met. 10/30/30/0/0 is good also, you’re trading 10% overall damage for 30% more crit damage. Elusive Power is good if you have to dodge but its a dps loss if you dodge just to get the bonus dmg. I like to think of it as mitigating dps loss from dodging instead of increasing dps. Crit as a tradeoff is always ‘on’ though.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Binding Jeopardy*

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Korval.3751

It offer excellent melee DPS and very good ranged DPS.

Erm, no. Your first claim is just plain wrong.

This post was meant to help those looking for a very good build but all I’ve seen is nothing but nitpick criticisms. The bottom line is I KNOW I do a LOT of damage with this build, I stay alive a lot longer, and when I need to I can go range with good damage.

This build isn’t a theory crafting exercise. It is based on actual play.

Anymore of these criticism responses and I’m deleting my original post.

(edited by Korval.3751)

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

I don’t think you need to delete the post. Just take out the references to “excellent DPS” in the OP.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Few questions:

-why binding jeopardy instead of 10% damage against burning foes?
-why sigil of earth?
-why not use a lvl 80 upgrade on the backpiece?

Oceanic [LOD]

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Korval.3751

I don’t think you need to delete the post. Just take out the references to “excellent DPS” in the OP.

I never stated my build was best because I don’t believe such a thing can even exist given the way classes are designed and the fact that the holy trinity doesn’t exist. What I did write – and if it isn’t blatantly obvious did imply – is that the DPS was excellent for the build. Not the entire game. You guys are making the assumed conclusion that “best DPS” or “excellent DPS” means in the entire game. I never wrote that. Before you write replies you should really read a post.

I’ll accept your apologies if you wish to give it.

(edited by Korval.3751)

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Was this build for one of those “roll a dice to assign random traits” tournaments?

If that’s the case then I apologize for the harsh criticism.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Korval.3751

No. It’s a build that I’ve been working for awhile that I personally enjoy and know from my own experiences does excellent damage. Is it the best build in all of GW2? No. But there’s really no best build because the game is designed in such a way to not have “best build”.

I don’t understand why this is a hard concept for you min-maxers and theory crafters to understand. If GW2 was GW1 then yes, most definitely there would actually be best builds. But this isn’t GW1.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

What I did write – and if it isn’t blatantly obvious did imply – is that the DPS was excellent for the build. Not the entire game.

Wow, what a logic. What’s the next step, you presenting a 0/0/10/30/30 in full Giver’s armor and stating that it’s excellent DPS (for that build)? Labels like “excellent DPS” cannot stand in a vacuum, they always require the comparison to other builds. And that’s the point where your build completely fails – it deals much less DPS than one of the builds I mentioned and even offers less support than those.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: kinjiro.3251

kinjiro.3251

Here is a thought. Have you tried the build? If not shut up until you have. If you have and find that the dps is not to your satisfaction then maybe offer constructive ideas on how to improve upon his base idea. Just because he feels the dps is satisfactory to his play style and not yours does not mean it is crap and should be ignored. Try not to be jerks about someones personal choice in builds if it works for them.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

Why should I waste any silver for trying out a build build that won’t work properly? Simple mathematics is enough to realize that the trait setup fails the goals of a DPS build. If he hadn’t called the stuff a “PVE DPS build” with “excellent DPS”, I would not have cared. But using that description for something that is clearly sub-par was quite an invitation to rip it apart.

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Honestly, neither myself nor anyone else on this thread gives two kittens what this guy runs as a build. The problem is that he went out of his way to post the build, even going so far as to say it has “excellent DPS” when in reality it is just a mish-mash of the first few traits that he saw and thought would be useful. When i first played guardian, not long after launch I too ran an awful build that was just me looking at a few traits that seemed nice in theory and when I wakittenting like 2k crits with my greatsword I thought it was awesome. Of course looking back it was a terrible build and my damage was low and nothing that I had traited even came close to making up for the lack of DPS. The difference is that I didn’t post my randomized build on the forums for everyone to see. A new guardian may come on this thread, see this build and without any other information think that it is a good build. We are all here in hopes that they will continue to read further down and realize that while this build may “work”, it certainly doesn’t deal excellent dps and even for the trait setup that he has, he has picked some of the worst major traits. If you want to run some random build and think you’re doing good damage because you haven’t tried a real build and don’t understand how much the dps is lacking, fine. But don’t come on forums and spread it around to some poor unsuspecting noob. Sorry if this came off as offensive, but try to really analyze your entire build setup before unleashing it on the world.

[DnT]

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Blazin Blunt.6908

Blazin Blunt.6908

The problem is that we are here talking in a relative form and not in an absolute form, define the following statements;

Low DPS:
Mediocre DPS:
Good DPS:
Excellent DPS:

Define those and after that you will speak the same language. Also good to know define those with normal auto attacks and which weapon is used and with might or vuln stacks crit or non crit etc

Thx in advance because i really like to know

Talic the Protector – 80 Norn Guardian
Blunt of Balthazar – 80 Human Guardian
Khan of Feurt – 80 Charr Necromancer

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Syn Sity.5826

The problem is that we are here talking in a relative form and not in an absolute form, define the following statements;

Low DPS:
Mediocre DPS:
Good DPS:
Excellent DPS:

Define those and after that you will speak the same language. Also good to know define those with normal auto attacks and which weapon is used and with might or vuln stacks crit or non crit etc

Thx in advance because i really like to know

DPS means “damage per second” so basing it off what specific attacks hit for isn’t needed, just total you damage over a period of time, whether it be burst or sustained damage, and divide.

[DnT]

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: Blazin Blunt.6908

Blazin Blunt.6908

True, and it is also dependable on what you are fight ie. armorrating etc, but if i take my build and i hit my AA with the mace so that is 1,5 sec for about 5k so that is 3.5k DPS

That is what i meant is that dan low, mediocre, good or excellent DPS

Talic the Protector – 80 Norn Guardian
Blunt of Balthazar – 80 Human Guardian
Khan of Feurt – 80 Charr Necromancer

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Syn Sity.5826

DPS tests are much better when either stretched over a long period of time (30 seconds+) or just the duration of your burst. It’s also best to test them in heart of the mists on the golems. You can’t get your exact stat setup in sPvP but if you are using the same stat setup for both builds you will still be able to compare them accurately. Also, use a steady weapon for consistency. Best way to do so is to record it, go through it frame by frame, total up the damage and figure out exactly how long it took and calculate that way. Calculating dps via skill cast times is inaccurate because every skill has an aftercast delay.

[DnT]

PVE DPS build

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The fact that the OP posted a build with 2 sigils of accuracy in a scepter/focus weapon set was all I needed to know.

As some one posted above, I just hope a new player does not come across this and think this is the way to do things …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver