[PVE] Dungeon Defender, heavy group support

in Guardian

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

I wanted to post the build I have been having a blast with in 26 and 30 fractals and explorables, mostly because I’m bored, but also to help those that want to play group support but haven’t been pushed in the right direction

The concept for this build is that a guardians damage is kind of lackluster compared to some other classes (coming from a war I feel most times like im hitting with a pillow for a weapon). This is not a bad thing of course, I love this class, and I love what it brings to the table when it comes to helping the group. I wanted to create a trait and stat build to still do decent dmg, but be able to survive most things, and help my group.

THE BUILD:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mMccMmzM0maNvmmaNvm9MxxaosqMmqm

30 valor:

Altruistic Healing, this trait is the best utility we have in my opinion. Survivability while helping your group, you just cant beat the un-selfless builds.

Honorable Shield: 90 free toughness, along with the native stats by having the shield on to begin with, and reducing the CD on your knockback (and heal; number 5) along with your protection buff (and cone dmg, number 4)

Retributive armor: this one is optional, but with as much toughness as we have in this build… free crit is hard to pass up. I think i gain around 6% when traiting this.

30 Honor:

Pure of Voice: This is one of the other best traits we have. It removes conditions from the group, and synergizes with altruistic healing (because it applies a boon when removing a condition, it will trigger an altruistic healing tick) It’s group support at its finest.

Protective Reviver: this one is optional, but I really like this because me being the group support, I take it to be my job to help those downed players. With me also being the toughest to kill in the party, it’s easiest for me to take a beating while helping the downed player up.

Superior Aria: This one should be a given, reducing the cd of your shouts by 20% makes AH and Pure of voice even that much more fantastic.

10 Virtues:

Retaliatory Subconscious: This is of course optional, but I find it nice to pump out a little dmg when you just got stunned or snared (Grants retaliation). Not a requirement, but I prefer it due to not a lot of options available in this tree.

You will not be topping the dmg with this build, this build is meant to help your group and for survival.

THE RUNES AND SIGILS:

RUNES:

6/6: http://www.gw2db.com/items/49474-superior-rune-s-of-the-earth

These are a personal choice. I prefer a high toughness build (even though some people nay-say about toughness, I find in my own experience I can take a beating like no other with 2100 toughness+.

The 6/6 is for the awesome effect on this rune; Magnetic aura reflects projectiles back to source. It’s like an extra “oh kitten” button. When you go below 20% health you gain this buff. It’s fantastic.

Otherwise, this set of runes adds a ton of toughness and a protection proc chance when hit (-33% dmg intake) along with a longer duration on protection (which is applied by a Virtue, a shout, and now this rune.

SIGILS:

I chose to go with Sigil of water (30% chance to heal allies, you know since im group support and every little bit helps) and Superior sigil of life (25 stacks = 250 healing power) I think these are obvious choices when it comes to support guardian builds. The water sigil can be changed up of course, but life is a must.

GEAR:

Full Clerics armor, weapon/shield/focus, and accessories, with infused rings of sun and moon (all around stats)

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71382-lunaria-circle-of-the-moon-infused
http://www.gw2db.com/items/71383-solaria-circle-of-the-sun-infused

enjoy

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

AH doesn’t help your group. At all. 0 amount. It is a purely selfish trait that greatly increases your survivability but please stop pretending that it’s anything else.

This is not a group support build. It’s a standard DPS/utility build using cleric’s gear, which is a waste. If you want group support, ditch valor go 0/15/0/30/5 minimum with 20 points to spend elsewhere. Also, magi gear is going to be far superior to cleric’s because you damage will be mediocre/bad no matter what so you should get lots of crit so that you can proc more vigor (for selfless daring) and might (empowered might).

The rune choice is also very bad imo. Boon duration is so much more useful and supportive.

(edited by Yaki.9563)

in Guardian

Kahrgan.7401

And just how you are going to support your group if you’re downed or dead?

But nice troll post

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

But nice troll post

Why would I be downed or dead?

Bad build is bad, sorry if the truth hurts. Heck you didn’t even take EM which is one of the main synergistic traits with AH.

in Guardian

Kahrgan.7401

But nice troll post

Bad build is bad, sorry if the truth hurts. Heck you didn’t even take EM which is one of the main synergistic traits with AH.

With the lack of crit in this build, taking EM would be a waste of a trait in my experience. And I appreciate that you have the right to your opinion, but try not to be so aggressive with them, especially in such an immature way.

While we are discussing opinions. Vitality in my opinion, is almost a completely worthless thing to stack, the precision is nice from Magi’s gear, but vit for the most part is something I avoid sans 1 weapon to get above 16k. You get enough from the trait lines in this build to be hard to kill with the amount of toughness and survivability.

and for clarification (I stated survival while helping your group, not that AH helps your group, but 2 birds 1 stone).

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If you want to go support I would recommend going 0/0/10/30/30.

Trait for Shielded Mind and Absolute Resolution in the Virtues line.

Valor Line can go with Strength in Numbers.

Skip the Rune of the Earth and go for Rune of the Soldier. You will now have a really good condition removing build, with shouts who can remove 2 conditions per shout because of the rune, and your Virtue of Resolve who removes up to three conditions. Virtue of Courage will also break stun.

Remove Scepter and Focus and use a Staff.

Your damage will stay the same.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

But you don’t have AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t you know AH provides the best group support in the game even though it doesn’t actually heal anyone!?

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

But nice troll post

With the lack of crit in this build, taking EM would be a waste of a trait in my experience. And I appreciate that you have the right to your opinion, but try not to be so aggressive with them, especially in such an immature way.

While we are discussing opinions. Vitality in my opinion, is almost a completely worthless thing to stack, the precision is nice from Magi’s gear, but vit for the most part is something I avoid sans 1 weapon to get above 16k. You get enough from the trait lines in this build to be hard to kill with the amount of toughness and survivability.

and for clarification (I stated survival while helping your group, not that AH helps your group, but 2 birds 1 stone).

I agree Vitality is somewhat wasted but EM is one of the best ways you can enhance your group. This is what I hate about Cleric’s gear, power is almost totally worthless when you aren’t gearing and traiting for damage. WTB Pre/Tou/HP gear.

in Guardian

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

But nice troll post

I don’t run AH, yet am up and supporting my group at various exploreables and Fractals up to 27 so far.

(edited by CHOAM.7852)

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Like that you are such a big fan of EM, even though it is demed worthless due to internal CD. I like the idea behind the trait, but would rather reduce 2h skill with 20% and even go for staff which give a higher stack of might.

AH is “selffish” but in the good sence. It forces you to apply boons to the group in return of heals, not bad tbh.

But wth if it works for you it works for you:)

in Guardian

Kahrgan.7401

But nice troll post

I agree Vitality is somewhat wasted but EM is one of the best ways you can enhance your group. This is what I hate about Cleric’s gear, power is almost totally worthless when you aren’t gearing and traiting for damage. WTB Pre/Tou/HP gear.

I would love some pre/tou/hp. thats for sure.