PVE - Exotic Armor - Valk - Cleric - Knight?

in Guardian

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Thinking on a “all card sets”, specially because I just hit 80 and I can’t afford to have more than one set atm.

What would you suggest? PVE Solo play and group play (where I usually play support/tank.

My rune set would be of the soldier because of the remove condition on shouts.
I was burying 30 points in honor for my shouts to transform condition into boons just to realize that it isnt that usefull, as it’s first buff is usually swiftness. (and any other is useless because me and my team mates keeps almost every single buff up).

I know it syncronizes well with altruistic healing though.

in Guardian

Posted by: OutsiderSubtype.4329

OutsiderSubtype.4329

If you have altruistic healing, you probably also have 5% toughness to precision. Thus, I would say Knight’s armor and Berserker’s jewelry in most cases.

in Guardian

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

I used cleric set for a long time because thats the first set i made and intended to heal, then found wvw needed healing less and less.

Now i’m using the knight set instead and it isn’t too much of a dps boost over the healing one, a bit more crit but Cleric worked fine for roaming group wvw.

PvE wise bubbles and stability, cure tends to have more function so you do well in any set also.

What i’m saying is…I regretted making the Cleric set first around but after replacing it i realise it didn’t hinder me that much.

You cant really go wrong between the 3 you have mentioned

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in Guardian

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

I have all Exotic Cleric on my PvE since I run Orr and doing dungeons.

Running GS & Mace/Shield with Superior Sigil of Water & Superior Sigil of Life (Stack Healing) with Full Superior Runes of the Soldier with my Shouting/Support build like you mentioned. My purpose was to give boons, heal, and remove conditions, while keeping army alive. Works very well with a good group that sticks together.

DPS isn’t great but survivability is there and that’s my role in dungeon. Traits is 30 Valor, 20 Honor, and 20 Virtues.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghaz.9267

Ghaz.9267

0/5/30/30/5
I run all knights except a prec/vit/HP chest and pow/tgh/vit pants with a knights Hammer/GS and all is dandy here. I don’t stack healing power because I don’t use mace but I do get a lot of empowering might and altruistic healing procs from my crits.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

You either focus on healing power, or you don’t bother with it. I use valk chest and helm, knight everything else. This is a good PVE and farming build. I plan on throwing Noble runes on it. In the meantime I’m farming a power/vit/tough armor set. This will be for dungeon runs and wubwub.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

I agree. We can’t really go wrong with it.

So i’ll go with Knight!
I was leaning towards clerics because of the amazing “roll heal” (Selfless Daring) we have
Ty for your imput guys. 1hp = 1 healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I’ve not experienced the other two, but I’ll say that I really love my cleric set. Roll healing rocks, especially when you are slotted for energy recovery

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: kuhla.4869

kuhla.4869

I get the sense that I’m the only one working towards a magi set (healing power, precision, vitality). I’m looking to get it from the Honor of the Waves armor set (sometimes you have to click the link twice for it to load the filter, don’t know why). I have been, and plan to continue to, play mostly PvE group with an emphasis on support. I like the idea of stacking vitality and I depend on my crits to proc various things and magi is the only set that has that.

Norn Guardian. Level 80 as of Oct. 7th
Server: Sorrow’s Furnace. Guild: TI – TacInept

in Guardian

Posted by: Angel.1435

Angel.1435

I have all Exotic Cleric on my PvE since I run Orr and doing dungeons.

Running GS & Mace/Shield with Superior Sigil of Water & Superior Sigil of Life (Stack Healing) with Full Superior Runes of the Soldier with my Shouting/Support build like you mentioned. My purpose was to give boons, heal, and remove conditions, while keeping army alive. Works very well with a good group that sticks together.

DPS isn’t great but survivability is there and that’s my role in dungeon. Traits is 30 Valor, 20 Honor, and 20 Virtues.

I have to agree with this, I run full clerics in dungeons and with the right shout build you are invincible. The support it brings will make dungeon runs much easier for you and your team. Although the damage isn’t amazing, it’s nothing to sniff at. you can still solo any group of mobs with ease in open pve :] it’s also easy to craft. I’d also say that AC dungeon and Orr Toughness/Vit gear is handy to mix in a little, to boost your health up a bit, incase you receive a hard hitting combo it helps. but It’s not needed