PVE Healing/Shielding/Support guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: KSIBBQ.8123

KSIBBQ.8123

This build focuses on applying buffs to your team Via Aegis. Giving anyone with Aegis a 20% damage buff and a heal when it is broken. You are also very hard to kill, and provide tons of healing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVUQJApelsApWoNDxUI8DNRCRlV+hdG0Clw1BQDMmA-TxxGABA8AAwTJoQ7PowJAIR1fWS5Hb6BCAcA8e3Dg3f/93f/9e/93f/93LFwXjBA-e

Tell me what you would change! Thank you!

in Guardian

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

nvm i guess /15quags

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in Guardian

KSIBBQ.8123

It does apply the buff too allies. I have tested it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Unscathed Contender only gives the 20% damage buff to yourself and not to allies, it would be too OP if it did give the damage modifier to everyone in the group.

in Guardian

KSIBBQ.8123

Try it for yourself, all the traits that say they affect you when aegis ends, or is on you, affects teammates.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hohou.1508

Hohou.1508

1. shield is not effective in PvE
2. Pure heart works on teammates, but healing is low, even with cleric gear
3. Unscathed Contender works only on guardian, and those 20% bonus wont help you, cause in cleric gear you deal low dmg
4. you have no projectile defense (except shield 5, lol)
5. you cant effectively blind trash mobs, because you dont have at least 3 points in radiance trait line

If it works for you, use it. But I think you can bring much more to party with metabuild or its modification. It looks more like wvw build.

Engineer since August 2012

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

WoW, what a terrible build. Seriously after 2 years in the game there is still ppl that try to keep on the trinity and still want to heal with a guardian?

Wrong game man, just wrong game. You have more defensive stats on that PvE build that I have on my WvW frontline guardian. Just think about that. I have 20 ppl on my kitten and I have enough defensive stats, you have a couple of AI on you and you need that much defense?

- Shield is terrible, but can be useful in sPvP to push back enemy out of nodes.
- Mace is a good sPvP bunker weapons, but a lot of better weapons than that for PvE.
- No secondary weapons?
- Hold the line don’t have any use in PvE.

Oh man. So many thing wrong with this build, I can’t go through them all.

‘’Tell me what you would change! Thank you!’’

Everything I guess.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

^No need to get your jimmies rustled because someone mentioned healing.

@OP: If you wanna be heal-y in dungeons, consider using something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNArdWl8ApQolCxXIEENR8QlbK+iVGATAuPRUA-TRCBABVcGAs4BAMomgzUCyqyPs2fAgDBgqq/kneAA-e

Your current build lacks enough damage. Pretty sure Unscathed Contender doesn’t work on allies either, although I’ve yet to test it. Still a nice trait though.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

OP where would you want to use this build? I don’t know of any situation in the gane where this build would be useful, except for maybe carrying noob PUGs through dungeons/fractals, but even for that situation this build is far from ideal because your damage output will be crap just like theirs.

So why and for what did you make this build OP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I have confirmed shattered aegis and pure of heart, but I do not think unscathed contender affects teammates otherwise retreat + virtue of courage + RF would be better than Timewarp.

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

There is no nice way of saying this but here it goes:

If you go with this build to dungeons you’re becoming a burden to your party. You’re dealing no damage, offer no useful boons (useful= Might and Fury) and more centainly you’re lowing the DPS with the shield knockback.

Every class has the potential to survive absolutely all the PVE content without the need of someone healing them (search youtube to watch every class solo Lupicus). All you have to know is the content mechanics.

Anyway, play how you want. In the long term, the more PVE content you run, the more you’ll find it’s faceroll and will start moving to Zerker gear and meta builds. Maybe you want to start with Knight gear for more survivability but, as some else said before, this is way too much defense and healing power, even for WVW content.

in Guardian

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

If you want to play a support guardian in PvE, play something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVUQJASRlsApVoNDxQI8DRR8Ql5Y8i29B1FAY+EbBA-TxRBABXp8jm9HwTXQeXCAAeCAUq+jZKBFEQ5A-e

^
That’s my build for fractals (sometimes swap around my traits or pick different weapons depending on the situation) and it does rather well for that.

My build is twice as good at supporting my team than the OP’s build while also doing twice as much damage. Try it and see for yourself.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Seemed pretty nicely and respectfully said to me.

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Seemed pretty nicely and respectfully said to me.

Well thank you! Just that I know this is a sensitive subject to many fellow Guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I have confirmed shattered aegis and pure of heart, but I do not think unscathed contender affects teammates otherwise retreat + virtue of courage + RF would be better than Timewarp.

Unscathed Contender SHOULD affect teammates. No reason it shouldn’t.

“Aegis you apply increases damage dealt by 20%.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It doesn’t affect you team-mates and shouldn’t. 20% dmg is so freaking huge. That would make the guardian so much more powerful. I could get behind a 20% dmg for yourself and a 10% for your party. But not 20% for your party.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

20% more damage for the whole party as an adept trait? lolwat

Bullet Punch