[PVP] Sword viable?

[PVP] Sword viable?

in Guardian

Posted by: Galbedir.9178

Galbedir.9178

Good day!

I am for some advice from someone more experienced in guardianism then I. I am looking for start doing alot of WvW, and would like to know how viable the sword is in 1v1 encounters as a main weapon, when paired with a focus or torch.

If someone has a link to some footage of examples, it would be great.

Thanks!

[PVP] Sword viable?

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Very viable for 1v1, but trash it in groups. Random examples may or may not be found in the YouTube link in my signature.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

[PVP] Sword viable?

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Yes Sword is in fact one of the best weapons we have for 1 vs 1. Mobility, high damage, blinds, blinds and block if you go with focus (best off-hand we have to go with sword), all that is in this weapon combination. As Christos de Soufre said it sucks for group fights, the AA cahin might hit more than 1 target but the damage won’t be close to what it does for single target.

Do you have any build in mind and it is to just solo roaming or small group roaming? We can help if we know what you have in mind.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

[PVP] Sword viable?

in Guardian

Posted by: Galbedir.9178

Galbedir.9178

This Build which was in the signature of Christos de Soufre seems to fit what im looking for perfectly…works with most weapon types aswell, and footage seems great.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7g-Fc;0NFk30G3wF-90;9;494T4J1;310B;118-U-k65;1KJG4KJG45BI

[PVP] Sword viable?

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Sword is useful if you are into spvp roaming and downing specific targets fast is needed, IMHO.

Example: necros and similar.

I use sword and GS. One is good for AoE surprise attacks, the other for single target pressure. I go 0/30/30/5/5, pretty straightforward but I need rune of speed, so I go all the way into precision tree for sword bonuses.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself