[PVP] Unkown Tricks for Medi Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

I’ve been wanting to make a meditation guardian guide, but a full guide is too much of a hassle.. and the build itself is rather easy to play. So, I’m going to make a list full of cool things you can do with medi guards or things that most people don’t know!

Sword AA #3:
Is a projectile. This can be reflected back into you if reflects are up.
Sword 2: Can teleport through LoS. You can teleport up to clocktower on both sides and from underneath using this. You can also teleport to sides on Temple with it.
Sword 3:
Projectiles it shoots if reflected will still hit you.
If you cancel this skill as soon as the yellow bar is finished, the block remains. This lets you disengage or use another skill or even get a stomp vs warr or engi.
GS 2:
Can do more damage if you stand in the middle of the enemy model.
GS 3:
Can get a larger jump if you jump and leap at the same time, similar to dodge jumping. You can get to the platform at Keep with this as well as jump from Henge point to off point ledges. Also gets you into courtyard spawn lol..
Can cancel the after cast that slows you down with wep swap, and also use flashing blade mid air for a very quick 1200 range gap closer.
Similar to burning speed, you can do a short leap of faith by moving your camera so that you are looking directly down at yourself, walk backwards (press S), and use leap of faith. This is good for landing LoF on a downed body in stealth.
GS5:
Tracks in stealth.
Focus 5:
Does not get hit while casting Renewed Focus.

Nearest Enemy Button
This button ignores LoS. Thus, you can get a target to someone who’s on a point (like clocktower) that you cant see, and instantly teleport to them. This is INSANELY helpful for meditation guardians and is pretty much required.

Also I’m always looking for new things to learn! Please comment any other cool things you’ve found you can do with s/f GS medi guards!

gerdian

(edited by Booms.2594)

in Guardian

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I’ve been wanting to make a meditation guardian guide, but a full guide is too much of a hassle.. and the build itself is rather easy to play. So, I’m going to make a list full of cool things you can do with medi guards or things that most people don’t know!

Sword AA #3:
Is a projectile. This can be reflected back into you if reflects are up.
Sword 2: Can teleport through LoS. You can teleport up to clocktower on both sides and from underneath using this. You can also teleport to sides on Temple with it.
Sword 3:
Projectiles it shoots if reflected will still hit you.
If you cancel this skill as soon as the yellow bar is finished, the block remains. This lets you disengage or use another skill or even get a stomp vs warr or engi.
GS 2:
Can do more damage if you stand in the middle of the enemy model.
GS 3:
Can get a larger jump if you jump and leap at the same time, similar to dodge jumping. You can get to the platform at Keep with this as well as jump from Henge point to off point ledges. Also gets you into courtyard spawn lol..
Can cancel the after cast that slows you down with wep swap, and also use flashing blade mid air for a very quick 1200 range gap closer.
Similar to burning speed, you can do a short leap of faith by moving your camera so that you are looking directly down at yourself, walk backwards (press S), and use leap of faith. This is good for landing LoF on a downed body in stealth.
GS5:
Tracks in stealth.
Focus 5:
Does not get hit while casting Renewed Focus.

Nearest Enemy Button
This button ignores LoS. Thus, you can get a target to someone who’s on a point (like clocktower) that you cant see, and instantly teleport to them. This is INSANELY helpful for meditation guardians and is pretty much required.

Also I’m always looking for new things to learn! Please comment any other cool things you’ve found you can do with s/f GS medi guards!

Thx didn’t know a lot of these!
And can you really jump on courtyard spawn? 0-0
I’m gonna try right now…

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

This should be common knowledge, but I see countless videos where it isn’t utilized; Renewed Focus resets Virtues and Virtues don’t break casting, so once you press Renewed Focus for the Invulnerability there is no reason what so ever not to cast all your Virtues while invulnerable since they will reset in two seconds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

Nice info. Thanks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

GS 4:
You can avoid the aftercast that roots you by stowing weapon without losing any damage.

GS 5:
The projectiles from binding blade can be bodyblocked. It still always creates as many projectiles as there are people arround you which means that it’s possible to hit one target with multiple blades if you’re inside of it when the cast finishes. I one-shotted a bunch of mesmers with this already because they tanked the blades that were supposed for his clones. :3

Scepter 3:
You can use this on targets behind you which helps with kiting. Your target still needs to be in line of sight though.

I’m sure I know more stuff that isn’t mentioned here yet but these are the only things I can think of right now. :<

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This is probably common knowledge;

Banish stomps

What you need:
Judge’s Intervention
Hammer

Perform a Banish on a downed player, immediately press whatever key you have to perform actions. If done fast enough, you’ll start the stomping animation. Towards the end of the stomping animation, use Judge’s Intervention and secure the stomp.

That’s a cool trick! However does it serve any practical role?

Yes, it does. It completely negates the ability for the other team to perform rezs.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Booms.2594

GS 4:
You can avoid the aftercast that roots you by stowing weapon without losing any damage.

now thats the kind of kitten im talking about! nice find. i had thought this was possible as you can interupt the aftercast by using another skill as well but sometimes i accidentally cancel it haha

gerdian

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

A lot have already been mentioned.

If you use mace #3 and focus #5 together, mace #3 block procs first. Works well to cover shield of wrath to get the burst in, plus some try to destroy the shield but eat mace burst instead. Would work even better if mace #3 had a stun on hit but I digress.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Temple of the Silent Storm on hot side you can teleport through the wood floor. If needing to make an escape in that scenario. Troll under the floor towards mid for a line of sight gettaway. Either pretarget or Target Nearest Enemy button (made this middle mouse click) and use a teleport.
Or if you’re just waiting for a respawn and want to make a surprise whirl attack.

On Battle of Kyhlo map you can target one of the windows (or enemies) for a quick teleport up. At start of game you’ll get to mid first.

Use sword #2 to teleport keep’s middle instead of using justice intervention, if you prefer to save the skill.

As OP said GS #5 targets people in stealth, if in range. You can also pull stealth towards you to whirl.

Torch’s Cleansing Flame 5 doesn’t count as a projectile, it pierces through Sanctuary’s bubble and can’t be reflected.

EDIT
fixed a typo sry
Zealot’s Flame #4 can cause a total of 12s burns. 4s on initial start up. 4s when it ends. Throwing the flame causes a 4s burn. If you throw it right before it ends you will still get the 4s end tick.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dezuel.4519

Dezuel.4519

I’ve know the previous ones, I’ll add some extra.

GS 5: Use this one, and then quickly jump while in animation, it’ll make you get a angle above the usual (Higher up). Thus can help ignore AI minions, other players, clones etc… when trying to pull.

GS 3: As booms wrote above, it is really a handy one. It’ll also allows you to ignore some falling damage at some points (unless the falling distance is too great).

Sigil of Fire: Not really limited to guardian, but it be useful if some have trouble fighting thieves and mesmers which stealth alot. If you manage to hit a stealthed foe, the fire-blast shall reveal the exact location of the stealther with the blast orginating on them. Providing they’ve have no AI/clones with them that is.

I’d write a few more sometime laters…

“With these wings of fiery destruction, I shall smash everything into dust!”

in Guardian

Booms.2594

GS 5: Use this one, and then quickly jump while in animation, it’ll make you get a angle above the usual (Higher up). Thus can help ignore AI minions, other players, clones etc… when trying to pull.

GS 3: As booms wrote above, it is really a handy one. It’ll also allows you to ignore some falling damage at some points (unless the falling distance is too great).

can you further explain what these mean?

also heres another:
Sword 2:
Using right before you hit the ground will negate fall dmg (also works with JI) but requires a target

BTW!
you can cancel GS4 w/ movement skills which may or may not be faster than using stow weapon depending on your keybinds

gerdian

(edited by Booms.2594)

in Guardian

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

here are 2 useless tricks i discovered (which bullet loves to hear from me :X)

rune of the grove + zeal I gives you an instant 25 vulnerability + immob for like 10-15 sec

rune of the resistance gives aegis on signet use. if you stow the signet on 70-80% animation time you still get the aegis(does have 30 sec cooldown tho)

i will post more useless tricks when i can remember some more:D

something maby less useless (but i quess most ppl already know this):

if ur 3rd auto attack chain skill doesnt hit anything, the chain doesnt reset for a short period. this means: you can get 2 symbols with hammer auto attack if the first symbol didnt hit anything, with sword you can spam the auto attack 3rd hit 3 times before it resets, etc.

Gemcaster

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Most of the ones I can think of have already been covered.

Hammer users can use MI/JI to teleport combo blast effects ( eg healing, might etc ) to a target 1200-1500 range from the edge of a combo field.

( Mighty blow triggers the combo at the start of the animation, but doesn’t apply the boons until the end, so you can chain a teleport in between ).

The teleport to elevated position trick also works in WvW if you stand under the arches next to Vale and Water camps – you can teleport directly up onto the top of the span if enemies are standing on top.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)