Perma-Pyroguard

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

so after 3 months break i got back and found a lot has changed
as i love the conditions dmg with other classes, i see anet want us to try the condi-guard too
so i try it in wvw

trait :6,2,2,0,4
basically 100% burning duration with balthazar runes and food and 1836 condition dmg (with might its about 2000)
burning dmg is 1050-1100 per seconds alongside direct dmg which is 450-1000 dps

as i see it Amplified Wrath takes the burning condition 33% higher so basically you doing regular burning dmg (like any other class) with “another” condition which does another 333 dmg per second

also tried 6,2,6,0,0 condition meditation build for more roaming ability and higher condition dmg with might on block

weapon:
sw/f+sc/t with bleeding and poison when swap weapons and sigil of corruption

utilities:
SoR, JI, PF, SoW, RF

pros:
2.9k armor and 18k hp which is nice base defense
sc/t is the offensive and sw/f is for defense with blocks and blind
2 skills which immobilize (5 sec and 3 sec) and proce vulnerability (cover condition)
constant burning applyer so condition removal is futile
good with small and big group
auto attack alone does 2 sec of burning which is 2.1k dmg every 3 attack
1800 range teleport

cons:
only 1 skills remove 3 conditions when needed
1 breakstun
slow mobility
hard to take fast healing classes like ele and engineer, guardian
bad at 1v1 as most enemies will run away and re-engage

dmg output:
basically the dmg is almost the same as condi necro or engi
necro can put in average fight 6 stacks of bleeding, poison, torment in auto attack which the dmg is 1000-1300 per second.
but necro take about 6 auto attack to start doing above 1k dmg while guardian only take 3 seconds or 0 second if using VOJ

even without much conditions cover i manage to put in 15 seconds 11k dmg from burning alone (with direct dmg and poison/bleeding i did 21k dmg)
if i manage to put my target below 50% hp most of the time they run away with 5-10 seconds burning

regarding aoe dmg JI+PF can do 16 seconds of aoe burning , ZF can burn 3 foes around you for 18 seconds and VOJ can burn for 8 seconds.
so basically you are burning bottle of molotov who needs to go in and out

does it better than other guardian builds?
no, but it gives another option as effective condi class

ranger, thief , warrior are easy to kill if you immobilize them
engi, mesmer and ele can disengage easily
guardian are hard to kill but cant kill you either
necro hard to counter but doable if you manage to blind them and immobilize them

hope you like it too

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Its quite interesting. What armor set did you use might I ask? Unless I’m blind I can’t see the stat array.

I’ve been doing some spring cleaning on my builds, and I figure I might as well try a condi guard. It just so happened to be what I ran while leveling way back during headstart, so we’ll see if I can’t come full circle.

Fishsticks

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i go full dire set

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Pretty much the trait set-up I run with my condi-guard;
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAsdRlUgKDnEyKEf4EiVhBq6x8UPe4NDFyhA-TsAgyCuIGTNmbMzYyxsjN6Y5x8AA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmuNwDjTZbs

Only now I can neglect using Signet of Wrath to go for more survivability through meditations.

So my spec looks more like this now; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vUEQNAsdRlsApZolDxbI8rNRYVAgVPiX9Aw1DF6wGC-zECB4iCiUHgkHQkIAZqFRjtGsIasKZER1KlYBAQAMexLexLexzMn5Mn5MnZpAgYaE-w

Contemplation of Purity is the I win card against Necros. Just wait for them to transfer condis to you and then laugh at them. I usually replace it with Judges but if you’re feeling lucky you can replace Merciful Intervention with Judges instead so you can have a good gap closer with a good condi cleanse.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

Coincidentally, I made/bought a dire set (with Balthazar runes/various condition oriented rings/accessories) using a 6/2/2/0/4 build – this was literally created as a joke but it actually functions pretty well in WvW. It does not work in PvE or sPvP(too much condition reduction, not enough duration in sPvP), but it is fun for a change of pace from the typical guardian build. I would not recommend it to anyone who is just now starting out, your gold is better spent on buying zerk/knights/soldiers or whatever you would typically want on a guardian.

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

here is my first video test in wvw group play
i hope we will see more condi guardians out there
i used both build in this video
meditation build more forgiving as it heals you like crazy
but the first build just spread burning much faster
i dont think this build will be valid with guild groups as support guardian are much needed and also group prefer to go full power builds than conditions
however i can think of few roles this pyroguard can fill in guild group play
1.put pressure on the enemy restack, sieg placement
2.pushing the backline,
3.pressure the enemy to use shouts early

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I was running a 6/6/2/0/0 with carrion but have to say the armor was way too low when it was all said and done and death came quickly. Not sure how it would in a larger group since I was solo or duo mostly.

Did you add in the new grand master trait radiant retaliation?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

Honestly, from the numbers I’ve seen, investing in that trait is the worst thing you can spend your points on since Kindled Zeal. I wouldn’t recommend it at all.

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i havent try radiant retaliation as it would left me without any defenses (also retaliation dmg reduced by 33% in wvw) so to compare it against amplified wrath can be done and yield the same dmg around 300 (in wvw) (1700*0.15+198)*0.66 but its hard to proc it all the time and when you needed like burning.

kindled zeal only gives 13% from power
so to compare 2200 power will give 286 condition dmg which give 71 more burning dmg. but you must go with hight power so your condition dmg will be low. if you go with 1500 power it will yield around 45 more burning dmg
Amplified Wrath gives you 33% which is around 250 more burning dmg

what i was trying to say is Amplified Wrath bring back to the table condition dmg as
1. guardian only have burning as condition dmg so it needs to be high to compete with other professions veracity condition dmg
2. as it doesnt get covered much by other conditions so it must tick higher
3. guardians have better defenses so can fight longer

if you want to compare it to other guardian, build compare it to the zerk build as it doesnt support or heal only do dmg over time
with small changes i could take 1v2 and hold nicely 1v3

@Crapgame – carrion gear will leave you too much vulnerable with low armor so you must dish out huge dmg fast in order to be able to pressure fast your enemy

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

i dont think this build will be valid with guild groups as support guardian are much needed and also group prefer to go full power builds than conditions
2.pushing the backline,

You should post some where the enemies aren’t so heavily outnumbered. It would give people interested a better idea of what the spec can do in even encounters, or even when you are outnumbered.

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

You should post some where the enemies aren’t so heavily outnumbered. It would give people interested a better idea of what the spec can do in even encounters, or even when you are outnumbered.

as i state 1vX is hard to do
the video demonstrate the dmg output and not how to handle a fight (3 months absence)
and actually in those fight most of the time we (gh) were outnumbered (AG & AM)
you just see me coming from behind or side to the backline of the enemy
one fight i join 1v2 and took the thief by surprise too easy
i will try to make more group play if i get the chance

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

How did you get 1836 condi damage? I’m at 1.3k and cannot figure out how to boost it anymore.

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

2.pushing the backline,

I’m sorry, but all I saw was you running around outnumbering people to support the validity/usefulness of build.

This has nothing to do w/ your Skill, but everything w/ the Condi Guard and its viability.

sPvP this could work as they are forced to stay on point and will pay for it… outside of that, people will just run away (like the warrior did first scene, good thing the ranger was pew pew pew’n) or if against anyone group in TS it’ll be purged and you’ll be locked down.

Permeating Wrait NEEDS to be Master trait, NOT a grandmaster.

I’ve already posted what they need to do (and they only need to make minor changes to the Virtue Tree), but Anet really doesn’t care about the Guardian: “it’s in a good place”.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

the first scene the warrior died from burning even when running away
also i play back liner who teleport in and not frontliner support guardian who run with the melee.

i agree that if anet want to see more condition spec by guardians they really needs to improve more things
nevertheless its a starting points which give me fun running around and burning ppl

but for comparison in group play the best condition applier is necro but condi necro really aint needed by group. group just prefer the power necro for its wells and DS skills. and also the conditions are easily cleaned by shouts

but for condi guardian who can easily apply aoe burning over and over the shouts wont help much

also teleporting inside bunch of enemies and burn them and role out while blocking which proc more bruning has its pros

against coordinate group you mostly harass them by preventing them to restack and stand in one point as burning really hurts

here is video from today trying to push it bit more into the hurt of the enemy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJp6b7DOLMI&feature=youtu.be

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

I went ahead and built a condo guard due to the new trait and I’m having a blast.

Its far from the optimal spec but it does a couple things wonderfully, namely killing thieves and mesmers which on my other builds was always more tough.

Its also a great 1v3 or 1v2 spec as you can kinda just run around and still do tons of dmg. You don’t have to try to stick on someone with a melee weapon and get dragged around.

Its different to play as I took 1v2 and 1v3 people a few times and each time I was downed at least once but still won. The build kinda lends itself to chaotic play.

Ev
[SQD]

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

couldnt agree more on the chaotic play as you dont need to do much to burn your enemies
so as long they’re on your back they get burned

1. block – passive
2. zealot’s flame – passive
3. JI – active to jump in and burn ppl around you
4. smite and PF – aoe burning

but i find it really hard to do 1vX as they tend to run away easily from you and heal and re-engage
maybe if you go more rampager gear you can dish out more dmg but you have less armor and vitality to stay alive longer

fought against thieves and it so funny to see them burning making them go stealth to cleanse and then burning again so the fight goes longer till they Shadow refuge

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

couldnt agree more on the chaotic play as you dont need to do much to burn your enemies
so as long they’re on your back they get burned

1. block – passive
2. zealot’s flame – passive
3. JI – active to jump in and burn ppl around you
4. smite and PF – aoe burning

but i find it really hard to do 1vX as they tend to run away easily from you and heal and re-engage
maybe if you go more rampager gear you can dish out more dmg but you have less armor and vitality to stay alive longer

fought against thieves and it so funny to see them burning making them go stealth to cleanse and then burning again so the fight goes longer till they Shadow refuge

Yea it can be difficult especially against classes who can stealth up and run away. I try to time my Ji for the moment I feel they’ll be trying to disengage.

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

here is my test in spvp with rabid gear and GS

hell of fun

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

I’m sorry, but all I saw was you running around outnumbering people to support the validity/usefulness of build.

This has nothing to do w/ your Skill, but everything w/ the Condi Guard and its viability.

sPvP this could work as they are forced to stay on point and will pay for it… outside of that, people will just run away (like the warrior did first scene, good thing the ranger was pew pew pew’n) or if against anyone group in TS it’ll be purged and you’ll be locked down.

Permeating Wrait NEEDS to be Master trait, NOT a grandmaster.

I’ve already posted what they need to do (and they only need to make minor changes to the Virtue Tree), but Anet really doesn’t care about the Guardian: “it’s in a good place”.

I recently put up a video that shows the condi guard in small scale skirmishes. There’s a few comedic moments where I scream a lot because I didn’t pay attention to incoming zergs but you’ll definitely catch a few good fights in there.

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

definitely good fights +1

just post your build pls

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

great thanks
i use 6,1,6,0,1 with full dire gear in wvw and works li a charme
merciful intervention even though its great heal skill sometime with blobs it can mess you up and stuck you inside the blob if ally is stuck there but its great +5k heal

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

here is my test in spvp with rabid gear and GS

hell of fun

You lost the arena match.

And the other part is hot join.

I am failing to see the effectiveness of your build.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

Perma-Pyroguard

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i am not tpvp player
i use spvp for testing builds in small scale fight to to test if i can win the match
but if you really want it to work on pvp you can be bunker as you can hold long enough 1v2 on a spot or control an area with PF JI burning the area around you