Permanent Swiftness

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: dreamer.1675

dreamer.1675

Hey guys.

I’m building up my guardian as my alt. She is currently level 44 and I was wondering if there are ways I could achieve permanent swiftness(for map exp.). If you guys could post one of your builds that have it or tips on how to get it, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Probably the easiest way is to take a Staff and invest some points in the Virtues/Honor lines. Symbol of Swiftness on the Staff gives 8 seconds of swiftness on a 15 second cooldown – 20 points in Honor will unlock 2-handed Mastery, dropping this cooldown to 12 seconds. From there, start putting points into Virtues for +% Boon Duration. If you max Virtues and pick up a rune set that gives you +20% Swiftness, you’ll have +50% total Swiftness duration. 8*1.5 is 12 seconds, giving you 100% Swiftness uptime with the Symbol alone. That leaves you 20 trait points, your other weapon set, your sigils, 4 runes, and your entire utility bar free for whatever else you want.

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

For leveling, I found it was easier to go with maxed virtues and +boon duration runes and food. This allowed me to run around with Retreat + Save Yourselves (traited) keeping up virtually 100% uptime on swiftness while not forcing me to carry the staff or drop symbols for my swiftness buff.

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: chtiyonki.6284

chtiyonki.6284

Go for 20% or 30% boon duration in your trait, use Rune of the Water boon bonus duration to get around ~35-40%. You can add +20% swiftness with an other rune to go +55-60%.
Take the trait to reduce shoots cooldown of 20%.

Then you can use the rotation “Save Yourself !” + “Retreat !” for ~perma swiftness. It’s really less annoying than the staff method.

edit: sorry didn’t saw the Knox’s post ^^"

(edited by chtiyonki.6284)

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: monkyisland.9573

monkyisland.9573

if you truely just want to run and explore (and don’t kill) grab a staff, pop the symbol, when it runs out pop ‘retreat!’ , when it runs out symbol is back up, when it runs out pop ‘save yourself!’ and then symbol is back after wich retreat is back (:

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: dreamer.1675

dreamer.1675

Thanks for the tips guys! I used the boon duration + runes method and retreat+save yourself to get nearly 100% uptime on swiftness.

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

You can get 14.5s up-time on the Staff if you go 30 in boon traits and 3 15%, 10%, and10% boon duration runes.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

For fast moving i recommend Greatsword as second weapon set. Spam Leap of faith (faster then swiftness running). Keep in mind staff symbol swiftness does NOT trigger if you already have any amount of swiftness on you. Only cast it when you are out of swiftness.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Permanent Swiftness

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Simple way is Boon Duration Traits, as suggested, + Food with Boon Duration, + Rune of Centaur w/ Retreat (and SY if you feel you need it for the 3s you dont’ have speed).

This allows you to use your weapons w/o having to rely upon staff.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post