Piercing Light change

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

It finally happened. Traps no longer daze, but slow instead. How do you guys feel?

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Nah. Lets go back to beta and have trap hits bleed.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Not sure how to feel until I try it.

On paper I like it: Never really appreciated the 1/4s daze on traps. It only ever made a difference when I was interrupting a rez or a stomp. It was never any good for interrupting a heal since in most cases people will cover their bases when healing or be sure to get out of the action (aka, not in your traps) before healing. On the plus side, slow will help curb the offence of those who can actually tank trap pressure such as power revs (historically a big predator of DH). From a wvw standpoint I really like this change. The 1/4s daze did next to nothing, but now adding some slow will really hurt enemy zerg leap-ins.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Considering what they could have done instead (hey Gyros), I’m very pleased with this change. Like Arcaedus explained, it’s a buff in certain situations.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Feels like a solo DH will still get good use out of the trait, while stacked DHs will be less obnoxious. Seems like a good change to me.

And as RabbitUp points out, we could have had a “purity of purpose” patch.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

And as RabbitUp points out, we could have had a “purity of purpose” patch.

I think that’s exactly what we got.
Burn Guards will be more burny, Staff Guards will be more supportive, and Traps will still provide defense without coloring outside the lines.

Fishsticks

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

draxynnic.3719

Heh. That’s one way to look at it. Still a better deal than the scrappers got, though: they lost their daze gyros with nothing to compensate for it (they were told they’d get more damage to compensate, but they didn’t get more damage) and they’re now saddled with a bunch of traits that assume that they have more access to stuns and dazes than they do now.

We got actual purity of purpose: they got told they were getting purity of purpose, but what they actually got was the shaft.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The only thing I really care about is how it affects the ability to break bars. (It’s not just a pvp change it would seem…)

Also the engineer changes have been pathetic as of late.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

draxynnic.3719

The only thing I really care about is how it affects the ability to break bars. (It’s not just a pvp change it would seem…)

Might not change it all that much, actually. Slow seems to put a significant drain on break bars. They may not break quite as fast, but a second and a half of slow might do about as much damage to the bar overall.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

I agree that it doesn’t seem that bad, thats why I called it a change instead of a nerf. Slow arguably has less defenses against it and is a rare, powerful condition. Its breakbar value is the same with daze while it ignores Stability and can be more commonly boosted in its duration than daze. As far as enemy players are concerned, it may be used both defensively and offensively.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Might not change it all that much, actually. Slow seems to put a significant drain on break bars. They may not break quite as fast, but a second and a half of slow might do about as much damage to the bar overall.

1,5 sec of slow is 75 damage total, the daze was 100 damage

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Unfortunately this means you can’t use traps to interrupt rezes or stomps anymore. Now i need to consider whether traps aside from purification are still worth taking or whether i should take more meditations

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Unfortunately this means you can’t use traps to interrupt rezes or stomps anymore. Now i need to consider whether traps aside from purification are still worth taking or whether i should take more meditations

You are right and i have the same concerns. TOF is unblockable and with daze, was used to interrupt blocks. Like revenant block healing, warrior blocks etc. At times when they expected to be safe and hav no stability.
Slow can unfortunately be negated by condi removal, resistance etc and is a lot less threatening than a daze.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Great, one of the very few PvE changes in the patch is a hard nerf to guard :/ going from 100 insta cc points down to 75 points over 1,5 sec…

well as we all know, all raid/fractal group only accept guards, we need that nerf to make room for atleast a few temps.. or wait.. what?

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I don’t understand why this is applied everywhere and everything else is just PvP. I’d be fine with it if this change was just for PvP or the others changes were not just PvP specific.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

for PVP, this makes a medi-trapper or a full trapper DH even tankier, as spike builds now have slow and can’t get the full spike off as quick, which is one of medi-trapper’s biggest issues. Prepare for “DH NERF NOT STRONG ENOUGH” crying still.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

Great, one of the very few PvE changes in the patch is a hard nerf to guard :/ going from 100 insta cc points down to 75 points over 1,5 sec…

well as we all know, all raid/fractal group only accept guards, we need that nerf to make room for atleast a few temps.. or wait.. what?

Overreacting much? We can still CC really well and trap daze was never the main source of our CC.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

I miss monks. The End.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Any comments on this change regarding wvw?

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Bluehydra.6392

Bluehydra.6392

Overreacting much? We can still CC really well and trap daze was never the main source of our CC.

I used as my main cc, it was nice and accesible and it allowed me to not waste my signet..
in PvP it was a great way to interrupt burst combos, reses and stomps
Ill miss my dazes. I understand that this will make WvW encounters more bearable in the case you encounter a large group of guardians (otherwise it was daze for days) but im mostly saddend about this change.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Khang Xithyl.1742

Khang Xithyl.1742

This change have made traps worthless in PVE as we lost one of our best abilities to effect break bars.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

This change have made traps worthless in PVE as we lost one of our best abilities to effect break bars.

Procession of blades was the only one worth taking in Pve to be honest. The only change I made to my build was dropping the trait in favour either Soaring Devastation or Dulled Senses.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So it loses some situational effectiveness, a small amount of CC break bar punch, and DEFANGS 50,000 slavering haters who lose their minds every time they get dazed by a DH trap?

This change is still at least 80% made of win. And honestly, taking away the incentive to drop traps on immobile enemies to interrupt them makes them more like “traps” and less like PBAoE fart-bombs.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Bluehydra.6392

Bluehydra.6392

So it loses some situational effectiveness, a small amount of CC break bar punch, and DEFANGS 50,000 slavering haters who lose their minds every time they get dazed by a DH trap?

This change is still at least 80% made of win. And honestly, taking away the incentive to drop traps on immobile enemies to interrupt them makes them more like “traps” and less like PBAoE fart-bombs.

Ahahaha “PBAoE fart-bombs”, you, sir, have made my day.
After playing some time under this change, I don’t mind it as much as i thought i would, but id like an extra half second of slow for PvE to match the old break bar points. Sometimes you gotta fight an immobile boss, and having that cc really makes a difference.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Sorin Noroku.5342

The thing I see though is, Daze didn’t stack, so the 1/2 second or 1/4 second daze, whatever it was, didn’t do much, most players ran a stunbreak easy. Changing it to Slow allows it to stack and those that are saving condi cleanse for condi builds in pvp are now at a larger disadvantage. If anything I honestly call the change a buff not a nerf. This coming from a guardian main!

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I happened to pick up on this change.

Have they reduced the number of blocks from other classes to coincide with this change?

Previous that’s what I really loved having the daze on Test of Faith to be able to stop some of that junk (like Revenants)

(edited by Starbreaker.6507)

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

The thing I see though is, Daze didn’t stack, so the 1/2 second or 1/4 second daze, whatever it was, didn’t do much, most players ran a stunbreak easy. Changing it to Slow allows it to stack and those that are saving condi cleanse for condi builds in pvp are now at a larger disadvantage. If anything I honestly call the change a buff not a nerf. This coming from a guardian main!

If you were trying to stack the daze you were doing it wrong anyways. It was about using the daze as an interrupt. The daze could be .00000000000000000000001 seconds as long as it interrupts whatever skill you’re trying to interrupt (rez!) and slow does poop for that.

Piercing Light change

in Guardian

Sorin Noroku.5342

If you were trying to stack the daze you were doing it wrong anyways. It was about using the daze as an interrupt. The daze could be .00000000000000000000001 seconds as long as it interrupts whatever skill you’re trying to interrupt (rez!) and slow does poop for that.

XD You misunderstand, I didn’t TRY to stack daze. I’m saying it DOESN’T stack. However, slow can stack duration, so spike builds, one of the things that was able to kill DH, finishes their spike a lot slower. This gives time for the DH to counterplay it. Good DH’s counterplayed spikes at the normal speed, now they have more time to do it. All you lose is the interrupt. Which yeah sucks, but the DH has many pulls/launches, so I don’t see it too much as an issue.