Please Buff Swords

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I actually think sword #2 could use a small tweak.

Remove its damage and make it instant cast usable while performing another action.

Another potential change is to make Guardian teleport skills move you without a target. Flashing blade and Judge’s Intervention teleport you forward to the stated max range, Merciful Intervention teleport you backwards.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

sword wave is acting funny, thats my only problem, while it acting funny when hitting some target or change target, it also counted as projectile, so you will hit yourself.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

BTW “3” from Mace become combo finisher Whirl…or I didn`t know about that -_-

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I think it always worked like that, but it’s only a Whirl finisher in one of the modes, blocking or just resolving, (I can’t remember which it is) and that makes it pretty unreliable.

“Come on, hit me!”

(edited by Ynna.8769)

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

At PvE and WvWvW workes fine.

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

Not what I meant and I’ll edit my post so that it becomes more clear. What I meant was that it’s only a Whirl finisher when you block or when you don’t block (like I said, I can’t remember which one it is).

“Come on, hit me!”

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Heinel.6548

Not what I meant and I’ll edit my post so that it becomes more clear. What I meant was that it’s only a Whirl finisher when you block or when you don’t block (like I said, I can’t remember which one it is).

According to wiki it’s when you do not block and it gives you protection.

I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I think it should be a whirl finisher regardless, you still spin around and it only shoots out one whirl finisher bolt anyway…

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

Aha, thanks. Should have checked the wiki myself. But it helps my point of it being unreliable. Especially since Whirl finishers (for Guardians) can be pretty kitten useful.

“Come on, hit me!”

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Heinel.6548

I think it used to give blast finisher when it blocks too. Still can’t quite get why it got changed.

- CCP Abraxis

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

It took 2 months but sword remains the worst choice for guardian because of any symbol, boon and terrible mobility

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Unfortunately, it’s the most aesthetically appealing to me…
I don’t go for full on damage builds and it seems the sword is really only effective if you trait into Radiance.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Please Buff Swords

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It took 2 months but sword remains the worst choice for guardian because of any symbol, boon and terrible mobility

There are many other things going for sword despite the lack of these attributes. It’s certainly not the worst choice for alot of stuff. It’s quite arguable that it has terrible mobility as well. There are other weapons with worse mobility, namely weapons that have NONE.