Please critic my dps build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thesiuss.2679

Thesiuss.2679

I’ve been trying to come up with a build for my guard that has good dps, excellent combat mobility and decent defense.

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on this build but wanted feedback unless I missed something or have included a fatal flaw.

Hammer/Sword/Focus

Link to build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAS8dlYgCCHHyvDgIFSuArCEE2DCMj6obGOEFB-j0CBYLCyUgBiiAO1EK5hIjtwpIasqaCyKbY6SJ14bQz+EJVKgKGGB-w

Btw don’t if this is a copy of something throughly document.

Thanks.

Updated: For WvW Solo/Small group roaming. Btw my first time posting a build so be gentle.

(edited by Thesiuss.2679)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

What is this for pvp? wvw? pve?

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Well, he has the build set to WvW Mode, so it’s either that or PvE. You can’t get the gear he’s using in WvW either.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Ahh I see that now. I always use intothemists.com’s calculator =P

Since its wvw I’ll go ahead and comment. I’m not really a fan of it. The cooldown reduction on signets is fine with the knockdown/heal. But running PoV with only 1 shout and the shout not on CD reduction isn’t great. Thats 1 condi conversion every 60 seconds. Maybe swap JI with SYG. Also I’d definitely take shout cooldown reduction.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’ve been trying to come up with a build for my guard that has good dps, excellent combat mobility and decent defense.

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on this build but wanted feedback unless I missed something or have included a fatal flaw.

Hammer/Sword/Focus

Link to build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAS8dlYgCCHHyvDgIFSuArCEE2DCMj6obGOEFB-j0CBYLCyUgBiiAO1EK5hIjtwpIasqaCyKbY6SJ14bQz+EJVKgKGGB-w

Btw don’t if this is a copy of something throughly document.

Thanks.

Updated: For WvW Solo/Small group roaming. Btw my first time posting a build so be gentle.

You’re better of putting 5 more into Valor and getting MF or AH. For pvp/wvw, it’s almost mandatory so that you have some sustain, unless you got like x/x/x/30/30, but that’s a different story. Also you’re using pure of voice and only have one shout. A lot of other things I’d change, but these are the main ones I see.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Thesiuss.2679

Thesiuss.2679

Thanks for feedback and I’ve incorporated suggestions. Picked up AH and signet/shout reductions traits.

I initially wanted to get as much condition removal as possible and lost focus on maximizing some skills. Hopefully, the sigil of generosity, signet of resolve and purity trait will do the job just find.

I’ve also swapped elite to Renewed Focus. With the shout reduction SY recharge is down to 48 secs and it grants alot of boons for 10s I find it hard to give that up.

The reason I have the bane signet is to just have another tool to help me maintain pressure on my target with the knockdown. At the core of the build I want to maintain as much pressure on my target hence the hammer’s ranged immobilize, sword number 2 and 3, Bane signet and judges intervention. All about reaching out and touching someone….repeatedly.

Updated build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAS8dlYgCCHHyvDfIFRuArCEEnBGz41DHSRGC-j0CBYLCyUgBiiAO1EK5hIjtwpIasqaCyKbY6SJ14bQz+EJVKgKGGB-w

Thanks again for the feedback, more is truly welcomed.

(edited by Thesiuss.2679)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’m going to nitpick a little more. Better of going MF over AH. The reason why u are only running one shout. Replace SYS with CoP, and then also drop 2 handed mastery since you’re only using one two handed weapon.

I think something like this would be better for you:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAS8dlYgCCHHyNEfIFRuArCEEnRFh/1DHCxGC-j0CBYLCyUgBiiAO1EK5hIjtwpIasqaCyKbY6SJ14bQz+EJVKgKGGB-w

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if i am roaming, i would be more partial towards running MF as well. even if small group. though a shout build in a small organized group can be very strong as well, so you can easily switch to AH and run more shouts. though the only thing is, i feel on-demand condi cleanse would be even more lacking.

looking at Harbinger’s build, if i am running MF, i personally always take Smite Condition and Judge’s Intervention. Smite Condition does great AoE damage, removes one condition and heals for 2k every 16 seconds traited. though Contemplation is very strong against heavy condi builds so i will swap that in if i know i have the luxury of foreseeig that i’m going to be in situation that needs it (for example, if you can spot from afar, engis/necros, etc and you plan to engage), and i would take out Bane Signet for that. you do lose some power, some control, but you then gain more sustain, another stun break and if you time your condi convert right, potentially a lot of boons.

if you’re solo roaming, definitely go for MF >> AH (even if AH with full bar of shouts). AH works best in a full party so you maximize on the heals per boons you apply. and personal preference again, i’d try to pack more punch if solo roaming. so maybe you can alter your gear a bit if you don’t want to have to keep switching traits.

hope this helps. : )) and sidenote, when roaming, play extremely aggressively. as long as it doesn’t put you in immediate danger, stick to your opponents as best you can. and control the fight. of course, every situation will call for different tactics, but in general, it’s served me well with this mindset.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall