Please critique my tanky AH hammer build

in Guardian

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

I’m still foolin’ around with this build and after many tank and spank encounters with the champ ooze king (by myself)..this one seems pretty sweet spot, at least for solo. All signets in utility slots. Before you crucify me, this is an evolution of my desire to have a build that’s primary goal is to maximize passive stats and reduce any spikes and dips. Has this been accomplished? I’m not entirely sure, but I never dropped below 80% health while hardly dodging (I’m aware of the need to dodge in general) and took out spawning adds as well with no worries. I’m not sure if this is viable with groups or not…I’m guessing not. I know I still have much to learn about this class and that’s what keeps it interesting for me..the constant tinkering.

knight’s armor
divinity runes
pwr/vit/crit dmg hammer w/ blood sigil
knight’s accessories and emerald gems except the knight’s amulet has a ruby in it
omnom bread + sup. sharpening stone

not shown in screenshot: crit dmg: 54 heal pwr: 450

Attachments:

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Guardian

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

For this build’s intended purpose (solo PvE play), the only thing I would really criticize is the lack of a stun break or some form of stability. There are a lot of mobs (Centaurs and Risen come to mind) that love to knock down and/or pull you around. You’ll be spending a lot of time on your back while fighting these mobs.

Signet of Mercy seems very weak to me, only giving + 90 healing power at level 80 (+ 0.9 hp on AH procs) and having a rez that only works on downed (not defeated) allies. Since you are playing solo, the need to use this signet as a rez is virtually nil, and you won’t notice the loss of healing power. I would replace it with “Stand Your Ground!” or “Save Yourselves”. The former can be used more often as a stun break and stability, the later gives addition boons (and AH procs) but does not offer stability (just a stun break).

Signet of Judgement is a solid choice. 10% less incoming damage is roughly 10% more HP (since it doesn’t effect condition damage). In addition, the math I’ve seen (to lazy to do my own) shows that it works in a similar fashion to “Hold the Line” as far as party-wide damage reduction should you find yourself in a group situation.

I’ve never been a fan of Bane Signet, as 90 power (while noticeable) isn’t as useful to me as other utilities. If you need to swap a skill out for specific areas (say “Retreat!” for running across maps or Smite Condition if fighting groups of krait or hylek), then this is the skill to change. Otherwise, don’t be afraid to activate this signet often as the knockdown is a potent form of damage mitigation, especially if you use it to interrupt big hits.

Just my two copper :P

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Bullfrog.1324)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

For PvE, that build looks fine. Wouldn’t bother with PvP though…

Only thing I got is why not put 5 into Virtues? So you get Inspired Virtue. That’s just more boons for you and your allies. I think that’s worth sacrificing Signet Mastery for. Since you are AH.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

Keep Signet of Judgement at 7 and use Stand Your Ground and Hold the Line with Purity Of Voice for good condition removal and consistant buffs.