Please fix the invisible traps/wards

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

You said they were fixed a few patches ago, but they are not. Dragon’s Maw and Hunter’s Ward are always invisible.

in Guardian

Bear on the job.6273

Any word on when this will be fixed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Cuddle Time.4027

Cuddle Time.4027

I really wish they’d make this a priority. It’s honestly the most broken and frustrating thing in the game right now, PvP-wise. I don’t enjoy being counterplayed by RNG rendering problems at all.

Cuddle Time, out!

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Couldn’t agree more. Invisible traps is quite annoying…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Well, what do you expect from a trap?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Guardian

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Only thing people thing is invisible is Dragons maw. It has a tiny circle of vertical blue lights around you that hold you in after. I have never seen longbow 5 go invisible.

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in Guardian

Bear on the job.6273

Only thing people thing is invisible is Dragons maw. It has a tiny circle of vertical blue lights around you that hold you in after. I have never seen longbow 5 go invisible.

I have never seen Longbow 5 not be invisible. Dragons Maw will sometimes show a graphic below your feet when it activates, but not always. And the actual “dragon head” that pops out of the ground is never visible (only if I’m the one using it). Same with Longbow 5, never visible unless it’s my own.

Extremely frustrating in PvP. I’m basically guaranteed to get knocked down twice by it, no matter what. The first knockdown, I think it’s from some other ability, and usually blow a stun break to get up fast. Then I take a step and get knocked again, and realize there are invisible barriers around me somewhere, and I either have to blow my stability to get out of it, or stand there and hope my other cooldowns can save me.

So it ends up costing me 2 knockdowns, 1 stun break, and 1 stab…when ideally it should only cost 1 stab (as I see the barriers before I walk into them the first time).

in Guardian

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

Why ANY trap should be visible ffs? And no, I don’t play DH. My only experience with DH was unlocking it for achievement.
Every trap (necro marks also) should be invisible.
And I don’t have problems with invisible longbow 5 o0 (my PC is 4+ years old)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I think they mean post activation… as in, it is hitting you, so it shouldn’t be invis at that point.

And I didn’t realize that was the issue til now, pvping, I know I’m in a trap, but the visual queues as to which trap is hitting me aren’t there

I mean, imagine if Ring or Line of Warding was invis?

(edited by Ven Zehn.6573)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Its pretty funny that Dragon’s maw is an elite that triggers through evade, block, blind etc and it is on a 75 second cd AND is a continous stun that holds in place but Reaper elite is a 1 off skill that is affected by just about anything you can think of. Meanwhile DH has better mobility, defence, damage and is more flexible than a Reaper.

I think they need to move DH, Rev and chronomancer teams over to warrior and Reaper because whoever is on those 2 teams now don’t seem to know what they are doing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Would really like to see this addressed as well. Testing whether or not I’m still trapped by running my face into an invisible wall is less than enjoyable.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Guardian

Timston.1976

Would really like to see this addressed as well. Testing whether or not I’m still trapped by running my face into an invisible wall is less than enjoyable.

I will say this again do your research, get a DH friend to put the elite on you and you would see that there is a tiny ring of lights holding you in and knocking you down known as a ward. You can not move so counterpressure or pop stab and walk right out

in Guardian

Khalic.3561

I will say this again do your research, get a DH friend to put the elite on you and you would see that there is a tiny ring of lights holding you in and knocking you down known as a ward. You can not move so counterpressure or pop stab and walk right out

And I’m saying that they’ve “reduced visual noise” too much for this. It’s barely visible in many situations.

in Guardian

Timston.1976

And I’m saying that they’ve “reduced visual noise” too much for this. It’s barely visible in many situations.

But if you see the giant dragon jaw then you know there is a barrier. I don’t understand the issue

in Guardian

Khalic.3561

But if you see the giant dragon jaw then you know there is a barrier. I don’t understand the issue

Well for one, you don’t have to be in the trap when it triggers to get disrupted by it. If you arrive late to a fight and don’t see the original maw, you can still trip over it.

I don’t understand why you would have a problem with a more distinct effect.

(edited by Khalic.3561)

in Guardian

Timston.1976

There are enough flashy animations we don’t need any more in the game to obscure my vision

in Guardian

Khalic.3561

The number of animations going on in PvP were enough to obscure things for you? That’s difficult to imagine.

in Guardian

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

There are enough flashy animations we don’t need any more in the game to obscure my vision

PvP is where we NEED a few of the animations to be able to actually tell wtf is happening on the fly. The new auras are an example of a giant step backwards as the indicator in around the feet, where pretty much every other effect accumulates. This tiny translucent ring with Maw is easily missed by anyone entering the fray and there is no logical reason for it. PvP never looks like PvE (attached) and the visual “noise” reduction isn’t necessary in most cases outside of PvE.

Traps, wells, auras, etc. these were not changes that benefit PvP, or even PvE tbh.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

How is someone even against this fix? This is the single most broken thing in pvp right now, having your dodges wasted by getting knocked around by an invisible wall is not ok, this isnt a learn to play issue its just a straight up unfair advantage caused by a graphical glitch.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

Personally I think both trap elite and longbow 5 should use the hammer 5 graphic with smaller radii, the hammer one is not much visual noise as it is 2d and it is very visible in the very bright blue colour.

in Guardian

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

Its pretty funny that Dragon’s maw is an elite that triggers through evade, block, blind etc and it is on a 75 second cd AND is a continous stun that holds in place but Reaper elite is a 1 off skill that is affected by just about anything you can think of. Meanwhile DH has better mobility, defence, damage and is more flexible than a Reaper.

I think they need to move DH, Rev and chronomancer teams over to warrior and Reaper because whoever is on those 2 teams now don’t seem to know what they are doing.

In all fairness, the reaper elite (“Chilled to the Bone”) has more than double the radius of Dragon’s Maw, which means it covers more than 4 times the area that Maw does.
Chilled to the Bone: radius of 600
Dragon’s Maw: trigger radius: 180, attack radius 240
You can also dodge Dragon’s Maw, I think the issue people have is that they dodge so that they are just outside of the 180 trigger radius, after triggering the trap, but are still within the 240 radius and get pulled back in.

With the reaper shout elite, you can basically use this on the center of a point in PvP and anything that is anywhere near the point will get hit and stunned for 2 seconds. And if reaper shouts and dragonhunter traps are both traited and used properly (let’s say they hit 3 targets), the cooldowns are comparable, along with the boons and conditions they provide/inflict. In addition, reaper has a ton of unblockable attacks: staff marks if traited, wells, spectral wall, etc. Dragonhunter has 2: Test of Faith and Spear of Justice.

The other traps are not unblockable, but I believe that the daze triggered upon activation is, so that you can’t just waltz onto a point using a channeled block and ignore all the damage the traps deal. That being said, aegis will still block everything except for the initial damage on test of faith.