Point Defender / Support Build - Criticize

in Guardian

Posted by: awgardner.9634

awgardner.9634

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcccMM9cmvNGmmvNGm9MaxxVMVqMms8khV7khf7khV7070M7kNc70V7owY8ofy

Tell me what you think My role in this pre constructed TPvP group is to act as a pest, defend points, while providing support to my allies. Will this work in theory ?

Representing Acolytes [Aco] on Jade Quarry
80 Human Thief – 80 Human Guardian
80 Norn Ranger – 80 Norn Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I would:

1. Try indomitable courage instead of Ret Sub. The 30 v 40s Aegis is great and the 3 sec stability helps with stomps if SYG is on CD.

2. Switch out Res. Healer for Two Handed mastery for your hammer

3. You can run with the sig heal, but because you have a lot of condi removal w/ PoV (and 3x shouts) and Ab Res, you may want to try shelter and Defender’s flame to get some burning and extra blocking.

4. With all the shouts and boons you apply to allies, consider experimenting with 3x Water and Monk runes to boost your boon duration to 50%. Nothing wrong with the 6x Soldier runes you’ve got though, imo.

All-in-all, I like the build. After you’re comfortable with it, you can try a staff to see how that synergizes with your team (more healing, lot’s of might and speed between cap points vs node control, blast finisher, etc. w/ the hammer).

What you’ve put together is a variant of the healway build w/ less focus on Healing Power. I run something similar in tourney atm.

Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

awgardner.9634

I appreciate it, I am fooling around with it now. I like the idea of the shield / push when reviving allies, so I am not sure if I am going to sacrifice it. However I will sacrifice Pure of Voice to get the Two Handed Mastery.

Staff will come later as we perfect our ideas and learn how to work with one other using combos a bit more.

in Guardian

awgardner.9634

Here is the altered build:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcccMM9cmvNGmmvNGm9MaxxVMsVMas8khV7khf7khV7070M7kNf70M7kNh70M7ofF8ofy

I also changed out the Jewel to Clerics for just a little additional healing.