Precision Vs Virtue Traits. (PvE)

in Guardian

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Its a given that most guardians now a days are specced with 30 in vit trait and 30 in tuffness trait if you want tailor yourself to best suit the profession. This leaves 10 trait points over.

Most people seem to trait Virtues, in the consecrations longer (wall of reflect ) or spirit weapons last longer (shield). I found a useful precision trait that I use instead. I use the signets recharge 20 percent faster so my heal is quicker.

What traits is everyone running, for survivibility, besides the 30/30 in defense

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Radiance is probably the best option survivality wise.
Extra crit grants you more healing from Empowering Might / Altruistic Healing combo or food while obviously increasing yur damage.
20% sigent recharge is a big boost to self healing, and the blind on VoJ from the minor trait comes handy sometimes.

Virtues is more situational, but it really shines when useful.
Both the minor and the consecration / spirit weapon trait are very interesting boosts. Even 20% damage while aegis is up has its uses.

Zeal is also viable. 10% damage against burning foes is up almost all the time when fighting bosses and 100 points in power are always a good damage boost by themselves.

So, Radiance for defense, Zeal for ofense and Virtues situationally or just when you feel OK with your regular capabilities and you don’t want to change your traits for every dungeon run.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I like to have a little in both lines ( Radiance and Virtues )

Aside from the usual 30 in Valor, I’ve kept 10 points in Virtues, and I find myself very frequently hotswitching the trait between Master of Consecrations and Unscathed Contender ( and before the patch, increased weapon duration ) depending on the situations.

I only run 20 in honor, so I also have 10 in Radiance, hotswitching between Signet Mastery and Blind Exposure ( I mostly run with Shelter these days though, so tend to stick with Blind ).

I like to have access to as many useful traits as possible, even if that means losing some effectiveness in any one configuration.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING