Pro WvW Guardian VS X-Condi 1v1s

in Guardian

Posted by: BillX.4987

BillX.4987

Q:

~I am told that in WvW a ‘LONE (w/e build) GUARDIAN’ is able to down a ‘PRO’ Condi(or variant)-Engi, Mes, Ele and Nec (regardless of Perplexity Runes) on 1v1 with or without map stax…

May I request a link of legitimate footage ONLY (as in with both players invested 100% and NO build to view and copy for myself) that supports this which is NOT taking place in Obsidian Sanctum from anyone?

*Please consider this a GW2 Guardian Community Challenge in which the person that produces such evidence, deserves proper ‘Bragging Rights’…(in my opinion)

~then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gate of heaven…

(edited by BillX.4987)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

I play Engineer; not the best but I’m not awful and I have an extremely hard time beating a burn guardian right now. I’ve tried multiple builds and counters.. I found a few builds but they’re so specific that they’re basically useless for any other sort of roaming.

I feel burning is over powered but it’s still not as bad as the PU Mesmer Interrupt meta.

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Quit play the ez-mode crutch guard build that baddies play.

Srsly.

It’s no better than a PU Shatter Build.

You want to be “Pro”, create a playstyle that fits YOU. Perfect it and then it won’t matter what the “meta” is as it’ll fit YOUR playstyle.

Burn guards are easy to beat. Just don’t be dumb. Dodge their JI burst, kite the kitten out of them while applying pressure until they burn their Shelter & Purity, then crush them.

Burn is great against people not familiar with 6x stacks of burn ticks… you know, those good players who are watching their UI and not just mashing buttons.

Stop the meta madness yo, guard has so much more to offer.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Srsly.

You want to be “Pro”, create a playstyle that fits YOU. Perfect it and then it won’t matter what the “meta” is as it’ll fit YOUR playstyle.

Burn guards are easy to beat. Just don’t be dumb. Dodge their JI burst, kite the kitten out of them while applying pressure until they burn their Shelter & Purity, then crush them.

Burn is great against people not familiar with 6x stacks of burn ticks… you know, those good players who are watching their UI and not just mashing buttons.

not easy to dodge JI burst nowadays, with immobilize and blind on F1 available.

JI, F1 to immobilize + blind, with GS2 = devastating.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Srsly.

In 1v1:

F2 -> Shelter.

1st burst.

Reset. Now you know their timers. Walk away / Dodge Purging Flames and GG.

Honestly, there’s so many counters.

I’ll worry over a SD Engi more than anyone.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Burn guards only really counter people that don’t know what animations to watch for & don’t bring cleanses.

The fact that guardian is completely reliant on a single condition & has very little in the way of crowd control makes it very easy to deal with.

This is why you don’t see anywhere near as many burn guardians at higher levels of play.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Srsly.

If a guardian is specced for burns and activates their F1 they are sacrificing a very large chunk of damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

and lol at traiting for immobilize on f1 instead of radiant fire

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Too many people are misusing the word “meta”. Amins makes an underrated point to figure out your own playstyle. Find it, improve it, master it. The “Meta” isn’t the holy grail most people think it is, and is probably a bad fit for many people. Figure out what you’re good at and accent that while limiting your weaknesses. That’s how the meta is developed in the first place.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~could we just adhere to the request of the original post instead of ‘judging’ each other with speculation and ‘shouldawouldacouldas’?
If anything, consider this a ‘Community Challenge’ with the X-Guardian that provides substantial evidence of this gets PROPER bragging rites ~OR by having NO substantial evidence provides the community with insight and wisdom to what I personally feel is an unfun problem…by all means, spread the word/ask your friends

(edited by BillX.4987)

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Problem is, the request is lame. Good builds don’t make bad players better, and making build considerations of what you can offer based on 1v1 fights is a dead end.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~a request is a problem because YOU say so? Pursuing and enjoying 1v1s in WvW with people/friends is dead end because YOU say so? I suppose you feel 10v1 is a fair fight. This is a simple request and the more it drags out; the more it supports an argument. Leave it to the arrogant, liars, idiots, trolls and haters to contribute everything to allude a simple yes or no question…Or is it that I deserve to be crucified for making such a request here?

(edited by BillX.4987)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

In reply to the OP question, I don’t think a Guard can win most fights vs an equal skilled match-up from the builds mentioned.

I’m by no means a PRO, all the experience I have is from WvW solo roaming with a balanced yet bursty power build, so take it as a grain of salt, however at the current state of the game, I lose 90% of the fights versus Mesmers who are using their build properly, if not perfectly.

Can’t say much for Engineers as I haven’t been running into many of those, but it can be a much less one-sided match-up depending on build and player skill involved. Condi warriors can also become a difficult match-up for the same reasons than Engineers.

I’ve been running two similar builds recently, I’ll leave them here for anyone interested to try:

Greatsword / Mace + Focus/Shield [Symbol focused] – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR5dlsAhqhY3QwcIwPEHxDVNAag6F3D/3WcTgYIHA-TFTBABecBA0TnQg7PMqaFmpEMiDCwVKz6SpRlqqgnmANOCAA8AACAgA4oH9oH9oHtvbzfbzbezyAUMBA-w

PROS:
+ Melee dominance with extreme damaging in a fixed spot.
+ Meditation build sustain with traited symbols and mace will make you a pseudo-bunker
+ Lots of blocking thanks to shelter and focus #5.
+ Might stacking with blocks and EM trait makes you stronger in sustained fights.
+ Good access to Fury (let crits flow)

Cons:
- Not having Force of Will traited (that HP boost we all so need)
- Sub-optimal condi clear (CoP needs smart usage)-
- Prone to kiting due to lack of scepter (JI helps in that regard, but still..)
- No access to stability.

This build truly excels in melee, even when solo flipping camps, you can do it effortlessly, works nicely in duo/group roaming (can adjust some traits to improve that aspect aswell), just try to land your symbols where the fight is clashing and stuff will melt. Probably a good idea to tell your buddies you’re running a symbol focused build.
_

This other build is more all-rounder and also great in solo play, maybe less in duo/group, draw your conclusions.

Greatsword / Scepter + focus: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7dlsAhqhY3QwcIwPEH1DVeEPxUE/A3XjeDgUIGA-TFTBABecBA0TnQg7PMqaFPcEAMTJYEHEgrUm1lSjKVVBPNBA8AACAgA4oH9oH9oHtvbzfbzbezyAUMBA-w

PROS:
+ Melee and ranged options adequated to all scenarios.
+ Force of Will!
+ Virtues traitline ensures you have access to a plethora of sweet boons and make use of Virtues very impactful.
+ Godlike condi clear with AR (can also swap Smite Condition for Purging Flames and relative trait to have one the best condi clearing capabilities in game)
+ Access to AOE stability! (which also breaks stun)

CONS:
- Not as menacing melee wise.
- More predictable combos.
- Not too group friendly.

These cons are very subjective, because in a solo situation you’ll have a lot of options are your disposal and if that’s your focus, then you are in the right path!

Hope this helps anyone with build making and decisions.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

A request isn’t a problem because you said so? I mean, we’ve all only been spouting opinions from the beginning.

Builds are mathematically designed to perform a certain way compared to another/multiple others. However, one you add in the human element, the variance increases to the point you cannot compare builds anymore, only personal skill. What defines a “good” condi user? What skill level of the guardian at? How do you ensure those variables are set?

If people cared more about finding the playstyle that fit them as a player instead of copying what other people (very likely not at their skill level) found success with, we’d probably have better players overall, and the “Meta” (used here to define what skills are balanced around) would change more quickly and accurately.

A bad medi player will lose to many different condi builds than a good medi player. Individuals will win against certain styles of condi, but not others. Ultimately, there’s no good way to get accurate data for your question.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~as I said: Leave it to the arrogant, liars, idiots, trolls and haters to contribute everything to allude a request to simple yes or no question…the more this drags; the more it SUPPORTS an argument…

(edited by BillX.4987)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

~as I said: Leave it to liars, idiots, trolls and haters to contribute everything to allude a request to simple yes or no question…the more this drags; the more it SUPPORTS an argument…

Unfortunately, you didn’t request a Yes or No answer – so maybe take the 1st part of this sentence and maybe apply it to the questioner.

Short answer – Yes.

There you go. But then again, you completely ignored everything everyone else has said, even the one’s who answered your LONG QUESTION of posting builds for supporting data.

Not everyone runs around streaming twitch and posting vid’s.

How about tyring the build yourself and if you’re unable to acomplish what other’s are saying they can, try posting YOUR build and asking for help rather than just this he said / she said BS.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I definitely see full Med Guards outplaying other condition classes through the use of 2x Absolute Resolution, Smite Condition and CoP condi cleanses.

It’s obvious why the statement was made but don’t expect a video and definitely don’t be so demanding. We’re not the ones who called you out.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~ok then, allow me to explzzzzzzzzzzzz…zzz…zzz…

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Totally motivated to help you brah…. Jus sayun

in Guardian

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

Srsly.

create a playstyle that fits YOU. Perfect it and then it won’t matter what the “meta” is as it’ll fit YOUR playstyle.

this…

finally….

you sir…are awesome…

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~K, I edited the OP…

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~and I will NOT keep my fingers crossed…

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~and Thanx Letoll.3782, spoken like a true soldier!

in Guardian

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Srsly.

Amins i share your mentality of creating own builds instead of going by meta,
I posted a thread in which i posted a build i need some advice on (haven’t played guard in a while) and because no one is replying maybe you would look at it ^^?

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~DHawk.2687, I take it you haven’t noticed in almost ALL of Amins.3710 videos he IS playing a ‘Meta’ Variant/Meditation Guardian build, yet he feels it OK to come here and dictate, well as you can see and read, just saying…

Also, you can message people on this forum or find them ‘in game’ with no need to communicate to someone indirectly through other peoples posts therefore minimizing tedious/useless literature so others MAINLY Devs (hopefully) ‘get what they come for’…not picking a fight or trying to be disrespectful, just saying…

(edited by BillX.4987)

in Guardian

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

~DHawk.2687, I take it you haven’t noticed in almost ALL of Amins.3710 videos he IS playing a ‘Meta’ Variant/Meditation Guardian build, yet he feels it OK to come here and dictate, well as you can see and read, just saying…

Also, you can message people on this forum or find them ‘in game’ with no need to communicate to someone indirectly through other peoples posts therefore minimizing tedious/useless literature so others MAINLY Devs (hopefully) ‘get what they come for’…not picking a fight or trying to be disrespectful, just saying…

didn’t know that he plays meta, thx

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~and for the record, MY impression of ‘Meta’ is: ‘What GENERALLY works best’…and so what! As if we have INFINITE options??

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Psst – bro.

Go back through the 2 years of Video posting… Still Med’s, before it was “Meta”.

/waves

LONG Before Meta

Before S/F was a thing

Wait, what?

2yrs and counting – Still Zeal/Valor

EDIT: Some of us old salty dogs who are still here on the Guard Forum, help to create the meta through gameplay, finding out what works and doesn’t within each of the given contents (spvp/wvw/pve), which is why I said: Find the playstyle that FITS YOUR style. Then the meta won’t mater.

I’m done here.

/Schools Out yo.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Psst – bro.

Go back through the 2 years of Video posting… Still Med’s, before it was “Meta”.

/waves

LONG Before Meta

Before S/F was a thing

Wait, what?

2yrs and counting – Still Zeal/Valor

/Schools Out yo.

Some of us old salty dogs who are still here on the Guard Forum, created the meta.

This. Two years back, both Amins and GotBoons were some of the few that shared knowledge that went beyond your typical AH/shout/bunker guard.

And OP I know you mentioned WvW but it’s not hard to get on a duel server in pvp with a condie amulet/build, and ask people for a few fights. Or ask for a condie guard for a duel. (just to save you some gold/gear). Whatever you get there is going to be even more aids in WvW.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Oh man, getting this upset about thread clutter. No wonder you hate so many people here. Your blood pressure must be through the roof.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

BillX.4987

~when you live with apes, man it’s hard to be clean…

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

~I am told that in WvW a ‘LONE (w/e build) GUARDIAN’ is able to down a ‘PRO’ Condi(or variant)-Engi, Mes, Ele and Nec (regardless of Perplexity Runes) on 1v1 with or without map stax…

So you are here because of someone’s claim that a “LONE” guardian “w/e build” can down a “PRO w/e Condi something” w/o “map stax” or “Perplexity Runes”. Are you ok? And who can prove that deserves “bragging right’s”!?

Do you see how stupid you sound?

Edit: ~ Zzzzzzzzz

(edited by creepmatic.9435)

in Guardian

BillX.4987

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Such a funny thread… OP keeps bumping it as if it’s a big deal…

it’s not hard to get on a duel server in pvp with a condie amulet/build, and ask people for a few fights. Or ask for a condie guard for a duel. (just to save you some gold/gear). Whatever you get there is going to be even more aids in WvW.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really condi guard isn’t that hard to beat as long as you bring a decent amount of condi cleanse.

The problem is how burning scaling works not how the guardian works.

The problem arises however, if they nerf how burns scale they will effectively nerf allot of guardian builds and make condi nonviable for guards since burning is their only condition.