Protective Reviver Needs ICD on boons

in Guardian

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

This trait basically allows guardians to stack up boons from revivals, because there is no internal cooldown on the boons, just the shield. There needs to be a cooldown on the boons applied, because this can be, and is being abused, especially in wvw.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in Guardian

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Meh. I’ll allow it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

The ICD is once per dead person. 3 months of aegis will still only block one attack, and corruption/stealing doesn’t care how many revives you had to make.

It would be a different issue if the boons procced on initiating a revive

Fishsticks

in Guardian

X T D.6458

The ICD is once per dead person. 3 months of aegis will still only block one attack, and corruption/stealing doesn’t care how many revives you had to make.

It would be a different issue if the boons procced on initiating a revive

It is not just aegis, it gives protection as well, which can continue to be stacked without any cooldown. A lot of PvP/WvW guardian builds also include traits focused on aegis which makes this trait all the more problematic since there is no cooldown. Throw in some mercy runes, and you basically have guardians running permanent protection during fights, and just way to much aegis.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Yes; Aegis, Protection, and Regen. If you don’t already have an answer for Prot and Regen, it doesn’t really matter how much they have. Aegis just needs a poke to go away. And again, it requires revives. If they want to build to be the best revivers they can definitely do that. It relies on their group coming from a place of weakness to take advantage of. Either kill their downs or remove their boons. Guardians cannot share their boons beyond the skill’s mechanics. It’s like complaining about Warriors getting too much Might or Eles sharing too many auras because of all the revives they’re performing. The opportunity cost is a successful revive. That can cost a lot to accomplish.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

X T D.6458

Yes; Aegis, Protection, and Regen. If you don’t already have an answer for Prot and Regen, it doesn’t really matter how much they have. Aegis just needs a poke to go away. And again, it requires revives. If they want to build to be the best revivers they can definitely do that. It relies on their group coming from a place of weakness to take advantage of. Either kill their downs or remove their boons. Guardians cannot share their boons beyond the skill’s mechanics. It’s like complaining about Warriors getting too much Might or Eles sharing too many auras because of all the revives they’re performing. The opportunity cost is a successful revive. That can cost a lot to accomplish.

Why do you assume the guardian is the only one doing the resurrecting, you just need credit for the rez for the boons to take effect. Aegis is effected by several different traits which are often used in wvw, and idk how often you do wvw, but you would understand why constant aegis and perma protection application is a problem. It doesn’t matter if it is stripped if you can just keep reapplying it by simply rezzing someone.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

And yet, you still need people to rez

Fishsticks

in Guardian

X T D.6458

And yet, you still need people to rez

Mind if I ask, do you play wvw? No offense intended, but I can understand that if your more into pve you wouldn’t look at it the same way I do.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I play all gamemodes. PvP the least

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Is protection really that big of an issue in WvW? I haven’t played WvW in about two months and at the time it was just a massive condi/burst fest.

So is this in zerg WvW where protection won’t really save you if you’re focused by 5+ or is this in small scale fights?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

X T D.6458

Is protection really that big of an issue in WvW? I haven’t played WvW in about two months and at the time it was just a massive condi/burst fest.

So is this in zerg WvW where protection won’t really save you if you’re focused by 5+ or is this in small scale fights?

Boonstacking/sharing has been the meta in wvw for some time now since HoT was released. Perma protection for guardians is a big deal in wvw. Now I am not even suggesting that the boons be changed or removed, just to put an internal cooldown on them so they cannot be stacked up constantly just by getting credit for a rez. I dont think that is unreasonable at all. This trait is pretty much used by every guard in wvw that runs in a zerg group, and the aegis especially is connected to other traits which are often used in wvw builds.

As far as PvE/PvP, I honestly don’t know how much this trait gets used and therefore I don’t know the effect it has. But either way I think its broken.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I guess we’ll see what happens with the balance update. Boon sharing is getting tweaked (read, nerfed) but we’ll see to what extent.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Sounds reasonable, more so than other nerf calls.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

It’s a strong trait for rezzing for sure, though the idea of the trait is to help ensure the person you’ve rezzed stays alive a bit easier after getting them up, and sure you get boons, but it still requires a rez and it’s one person at a time. Regen is a fairly common boon, that can stem from other professions easily. Same with protection. There’s also boon corrupts that fly around in those zerg battles as well, not to mention many downed bodies close together is great bait for well bombs. Boon share is getting nerfed on Mesmer and Revenant, specifically because they can easily cap out on 100% duration, and Signet of Inspiration gives can spread pretty much every boon you have on you with max stacks and and really long duration to everyone.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I don’t really view this trait as a problem, and for the past 4 years it’s never been considered a problem either. Quite frankly, there are much better sources of protection and regeneration that don’t involve the risk of having to be downed and revived (like Boon Share Mesmers and Herald Revs).