Pure disadvantages (i hope not real)

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

From the start i am seeing a lot of problems, i believe the devs seeing the new DH build for PVE but have they consider the PVP situation do they believe that a player will be idiot enough stay in trap to tic ,will you use the traps if each is near all 45 cooldown ? (needs 1 sec immobilize on some of them or it is useless they can doge tele the traps have 240 radius) leaving you at the mercy of the chronomancer that increase your cooldown with slow or reaper that will chill you also increasing the cooldown

The new virtues (some bad some good)

The spear slow to burn (No taunt some sec even NOP JUST thethered) the player runs (over 900)breaks the chain no more burning no more condition applying
The wings good escape gap closer but 60 sec (need to be desperate to escape or to finish someone fast to use)
The shield a semicircle (no view rotation was that a 3-4s projectile blocking only and poff gone ) and at 90s god !! (they must make a full circle for that time or even the trait )

They really are forcing the DH to be a long distance use i don’t see them tele near a necro with a whopping 20K health F1 (30K normal + lich form health)
Reaper- gap closing skills, an auto 1 that seriously heals them back and inficting chill adding that chill on fear rly now ? and that chill access i’m surprised to see
at the end that il have 20s of chill at the end on me, dmg reduced to them by 15%, and dmg receive increase (we have that too but burning ticks fast no extra damage done advantage ends )

And finally the longbow
auto 1 no condition apply (except burning and sigils) ONLY !! if a sec target is close you cripple
2 CHARGE damage done no condition (very high chance they will see it ,dodge it or raise a shield reflect/block there will be many that can do that)
3 deflecting shot scepter ball of wrath style with a small block on the way and a blind 1 of there atks
4 shot a symbol ads vigor to you/ally radius 180 (go get it ! o wait to small mist it)
And last 5 a whopping 60 sec personal (Ring of Warding) giving skill the enemy still shots you don’t forget that !! and a small dmg at the end (no x dmg to it) and 360 radius (each personal ring or total skill radius ?)

Here is a test of imagination a battle 1v1 wvw or pvp from the current expansion professions (mesmer/chronomancer, necro/reaper so far) how will you
face each there new atks wen you use(optional) LB and (optional) traps, who will have the upper advantage ? even a little. (they haven’t said will clones illusions, minions will trigger the traps or main player/user)
Imagine each new skill of the chronomancer,reaper is more appropriate to counter the the DH future skills,
witch condition will you have on you from which ?
which condition they will have more access and give the upper hand vs the DH ?
how many times will they pore on you (condition) how will you get rid of it from you ?
which skills will they use, witch you ?cooldown advantage ?
witch will win ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I see a reaper coming at me with his greatsword, I drop my 2 skill and auto attacks, he gets close and I push him back with my auto attack and cripple him just enough time to get my 2 skill in again. He cone in for the kill I drop my 5 skill on him, my 4 skill, and another 2 while dodging back. He’s getting close my auto attack knocks him back again, I use my 3 skill and get the blind. Drop another 2 skill on him.

People aren’t giving dh any credit, going to be very powerful I think.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I see a reaper coming at me with his greatsword, I drop my 2 skill and auto attacks, he gets close and I push him back with my auto attack and cripple him just enough time to get my 2 skill in again. He cone in for the kill I drop my 5 skill on him, my 4 skill, and another 2 while dodging back. He’s getting close my auto attack knocks him back again, I use my 3 skill and get the blind. Drop another 2 skill on him.

What cripple? You do not cripple if hes alone And be prepared for nerfs on longbow because it is viable, god forbid guardians have viable range weapons – nerfhammer inc.

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

You. I like you.

By the way, DH haters, he didn’t even bring up the vanilla medi burst combo into play. Can you all feel the amazing DPS at all ranges?

in Guardian

Sylent.3165

What cripple? You do not cripple if hes alone And be prepared for nerfs on longbow because it is viable, god forbid guardians have viable range weapons – nerfhammer inc.

If you do a knock back a trait allows all knock backs to cripple.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Reaper has 66 percent reduction in cripple time so good luck with that. Also he won’t be coming to you he’s going to pull you to him. Don’t worry about Aegis because he has 4 seconds of unblock able attacks after his shout. You better dodge back, but he has a leap now also.

You’re predictable combo is super flawed. Did you not even realize how much stability a Reaper has?

in Guardian

Sylent.3165

Reaper has 66 percent reduction in cripple time so good luck with that. Also he won’t be coming to you he’s going to pull you to him. Don’t worry about Aegis because he has 4 seconds of unblock able attacks after his shout. You better dodge back, but he has a leap now also.

You’re predictable combo is super flawed. Did you not even realize how much stability a Reaper has?

Works for me I’ll pull out my greatsword or sword focus for blinds and blocks if I get in the melee range. Or throw a trap down. I’m very happy with the dh skills and traits

People forget it is a guardian still but with a bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Hell, if a Reaper comes at me, it would be one of the FEW times I would think “Geez, I’m glad I don’t have Traveler’s runes, this boy wants a FIGHT”