Pure of Voice oddities?

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I am seeing that my Pure of Voice/Soldier Rune set are acting a little strange.

If I use “Hold the Line!” against something like cripple, it does in fact change cripple into Swiftness. However, if I use it against Poison, instead of giving me the 4 1/4 seconds of regeneration + duration of whatever the poison was. I was getting only 3 seconds (Duration of the poison I tested it with.)

So I was actually losing out on the pure of voice benefit when using a shout that gave the same stat as one that is given by the condition that was switched.

Anyone else notice this? Am I crazy?

Shouldn’t a 3 second poison be converted to 3 seconds of regen and 4 1/4 being added on top of that due to the shout?

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I think it probably behaves in a way similar to Contemplation of Purity. Nowhere on Pure of Voice or Contemplation of Purity does it say the boon inherits the duration of the condition. I think each have a set duration they add. A bit of a drag really but I imagine people would use it to stack ridiculous amounts of boons in some situations otherwise.

Edit: Wait, wait, I read your post again, my apologies. I didn’t realise you were referring to the regeneration granted by Pure of Voice converting a condition stacking with the regeneration granted by Hold the Line! That is, indeed, odd. I’ll have to have a look at it.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Silver.8023)

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Are you sure you’re using Hold the Line? The base regeneration is 6 seconds, and while conversion from poison should add onto the base duration, it just strikes me as odd that you are seeing a 4.25 second duration on Hold the Line’s regeneration.

Otherwise, I did notice some bugs when testing this months back. I found no noticeable problems when using a shout to convert a condition into a boon that the shout did not offer. Hold the Line could convert cripple to swiftness with no problem. It was converting poison to regeneration that failed to work (or vulnerability to protection). It may have a similar issue.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

PoV is still bugged, now it no longer works with stand your ground. It removes the condition but does not convert it into a boon! Do we have to wait another five months until they fix it?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

What condition didnt convert? It converts bleeds and burns. Those im 100% certain in.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

I just tested Pure of Voice + Soldier Runes vs conditions.

Stan Your Ground was o.k. in my test vs Bleed and Vulnerability.

Hold the Line vs Poison.

The 1st time it converted the Poison into Regeneration for 4s (the conversion duration)
so the normal Regeneration boon duration from Hold the Line wasn’t even applied!

The 2nd test vs Poison it converted properly and added it to the original boon so I got 11s of Regeneration.

One time Retreat also failed to convert anything into a boon vs burning
The second time it converted o.k. vs vulnerability and bleeding.

So there are definitely some issues still.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

It does not work on downed players, which is a bit of a pain when a downed player has 20 stacks of bleed on them.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Are you sure you’re using Hold the Line? The base regeneration is 6 seconds, and while conversion from poison should add onto the base duration, it just strikes me as odd that you are seeing a 4.25 second duration on Hold the Line’s regeneration.

I switched the duration of protection with the duration of regen. My bad. Same thing though. I use hold the line, remove poison with pure of voice and end up with 3 seconds of regeneration instead of 6+…

Otherwise, I did notice some bugs when testing this months back. I found no noticeable problems when using a shout to convert a condition into a boon that the shout did not offer. Hold the Line could convert cripple to swiftness with no problem. It was converting poison to regeneration that failed to work (or vulnerability to protection). It may have a similar issue.

Yeah. it doesn’t appear to have any issues when it converts a condition that the shout doesn’t affect. Like cripple. No problem turning it to swiftness and adding the protection and regen that hold the line provides. But if you convert poison into regeneration, you lose out on hold the line’s regeneration which is superior.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

And here i thought ‘finally’. Guess PoV is still taking the backbench on my traits.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Might actually be intended. It would make it skillbased to max impact of the shouts.

Depending on what shout you use versus a certain condition(s) you will have more or less impact. Far fetched but im not certain its unintended.

Doesnt really matter, if they fix it, its just icing on the cake. PoV is just stellar all ready.

Will try to get my team together tonight and test thru all shouts and conditions, cant promise anything but hopefully they agree on testing stuff for a couple of hours in the mist.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

It can’t be intended as once it added the duration’s and once it let the lower one override.

That’s broken.

They should add together by default, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Ok, my bad, i thought it was consistent, havent seen any of the bugs people report here and i played extensively last night.

Had the same issue pre patch, i had conditionremoval on all shouts but random conversion. Seem like we experience different issues which make me wonder if the issue is in PoV or in the conversion mechanics.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

What condition didnt convert? It converts bleeds and burns. Those im 100% certain in.

Try using rune of the soldier set bonus. If you use stand your ground it won’t convert the condition into a boon. My guess is for that skill, the soldier shout bonus is being prioritized over pov.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Then they changed the order of things or the system behind it. Runes where the last process to kick in pre patch of that im 100% certain, at least in tpvp.

will try to get a group and test it tonight and hopefully i will have some sort of report regarding my observations.

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Parsifal.5791

Parsifal.5791

I did this solo, but this is the behavior of the shouts with Rune of Soldier & PoV, at least how they worked for me:

Retreat! – Rune kicked-in first, then PoV
Hold the Line! – Rune first, PoV second
Save Yourselves! – Rune first, PoV second
Hold the Line! – PoV first, Rune second

After I thought I had more or less figured out what was going on with this, I went to Jormag and popped HoL when I was feared… and guess what? No boon .

Pure of Voice oddities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

fear sometimes not converted.

in TA story mode, the fear from nightmare initiates is not removed (i.e. not converted)
I used all the shouts (hold the line, stand your ground, retreat).

other sources of fear removed half of the times.