Purging Flames?

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimdallr.2564

Heimdallr.2564

Purging Flames : “Create a ring of fire that burns foes and cures conditions on allies”

I want to know how many conditions cures per each pulses?

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

One condition per pulse. Pulses every second.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Purging_Flames

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Unless it has been fixed, it doesn’t pulse every second. It only removes one condition immediately on cast, and possibly every time you enter and exit the ring. I’ll test it again at some point.

Edit: Just tested in the mists, does not pulse at all. It applies all burning immediately, and cures one condition on everyone in the field immediately.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

(edited by foofad.5162)

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

You used to be able to remove multiple conditions with it by moving in and out of the circle. I don’t know if that still works.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

You used to be able to remove multiple conditions with it by moving in and out of the circle. I don’t know if that still works.

I believe it does, because you can apply multiple applications of Burning that way.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

You used to be able to remove multiple conditions with it by moving in and out of the circle..

The same question was posted last month here. 1 Condition remove on activating, 1 Condition remove everytime you enter the circle. Burning behaves the same

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

You used to be able to remove multiple conditions with it by moving in and out of the circle..

The same question was posted last month here. 1 Condition remove on activating, 1 Condition remove everytime you enter the circle. Burning behaves the same

do we know if this intended behaviour, or is it bugged? if bugged, has there been any recognition from the devs that they’re aware of it?

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

do we know if this intended behaviour, or is it bugged? if bugged, has there been any recognition from the devs that they’re aware of it?

I never saw a related answer from a dev on this topic. Mabye the description is just false/bad (as many other traits/skills have the same problem). I doubt it’s bugged, because this game has allrdy effect-triggering pulses, for eg. blind-powder or wells of the necro. So fixing wouldn’t be an issue.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Just wasn’t sure if it changed in the big balance patch.

So the next question – is there any way to take advantage of that in a real PvP setting?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I haven’t played a guardian in awhile, but back when I did I used purging flames all of the time. It is alright for an AoE cleanse, requiring people to walk in and out for multiple use. Of course, through the course of combat that tends to happen quite a lot on its own. The burn is also pretty cool, and when hitting in an AoE it does more damage than you’d think. The other awesome thing is that it is a fire field, which causes more burning and stacks might.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I suppose that is the way it should works – hint is in descritption:
“Create a RING of fire that burns foes and cures conditions on allies”

so that isn’t working on all area in that fiery ring You have created – that ring cures conditions and burns.

also usefull is fact that is fire field

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Purging Flames?

in Guardian

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Goes especially well with focus 4.