Purity or Meditation Mastery

in Guardian

Posted by: Insomnia.5069

Insomnia.5069

I main Guardian in high rank spvp and tpvp(top 200), run AH bunker style.
After the patch we get buff on RF, so will you pick Purity or Med Mastery?
Personaly I choose Med Mastery, but we all know condi clean are never enough against necro or engi.
Leave your comment.

in Guardian

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I would go with meditation mastery just because removing 1 uncontrollable condition out of the multitude of conditions necromancer and engineers spew out is useless as you said.

I actually didn’t think people ran purity.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I generally run SiN for my Adept. Purity honestly isn’t that great, I mean it’s ok, however removing a condition every ten seconds isn’t really going to make or break you.

I have been thinking about med mastery after the patch, it would reduce RF from 90 seconds to 72 which is actually quite a bit. Plus you could also throw in the new MI, for some added mobility to bunker guard.

However I just have a really hard time giving up SiN, it’s just such a useful trait for you and your team.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

If all you’re reducing is the cool down of the elite, then purity remains the strongest trait, generally. Typically reducing the elite cd from 90 to 72 won’t mean that you get to use it twice per fight. Purity on the other hand routinely reduces the number of times you need to use a shout for yourself, allowing you to save it for your team. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hovered a finger over a shout, just to relax it a moment later as that 10 bleed stack gets wiped passively. And that type of thing is common due to how conditions are cleared (LIFO).

MI is only a consideration in virtues bunker, and I think that’s how it stays, unfortunately. Sanctuary is pretty much the glue that holds the build together, it’s sort of the replacement for Altruistic Healing. Without it, there are too many situations where you can be collapsed upon and have no solid defense to weather the storm, not to mention all the other uses of it. MI is a cute option, and one I’ve tried out with the current implementation. I don’t think these changes will be enough to make it viable, but I’ll give it a shot.

I do think there is a way for bunker builds to make use of this change to the elite, though. I don’t want to give anything away just yet, but maybe it will be revealed at some later time.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

when purity was 2 conditions remove every 10 seconds was a good reason to have it .

now with so many god condition classes out there ( they apply more than 5 conditions in 2 seconds ) , the only solution for roaming guards is to kill as much faster your opponent before touch you these conditions …. special the poison ….

p.s. purity is still good on zerg / synergy builds

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

If all you’re reducing is the cool down of the elite, then purity remains the strongest trait, generally. Typically reducing the elite cd from 90 to 72 won’t mean that you get to use it twice per fight. Purity on the other hand routinely reduces the number of times you need to use a shout for yourself, allowing you to save it for your team. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hovered a finger over a shout, just to relax it a moment later as that 10 bleed stack gets wiped passively. And that type of thing is common due to how conditions are cleared (LIFO).

MI is only a consideration in virtues bunker, and I think that’s how it stays, unfortunately. Sanctuary is pretty much the glue that holds the build together, it’s sort of the replacement for Altruistic Healing. Without it, there are too many situations where you can be collapsed upon and have no solid defense to weather the storm, not to mention all the other uses of it. MI is a cute option, and one I’ve tried out with the current implementation. I don’t think these changes will be enough to make it viable, but I’ll give it a shot.

I do think there is a way for bunker builds to make use of this change to the elite, though. I don’t want to give anything away just yet, but maybe it will be revealed at some later time.

One of the thing I’m actually really curious about trying on bunker guard is Shield of the Avenger. Now that they aren’t destroyed when commanded, you can easily pick it up with the 0/0/2/6/6 build. Two shouts and the shield, then drop Vengeful for improved spirit-weapon duration. The shield has a lot going for it; absorbs projectiles, stun breaker, weakness, and now Aegis.

It’s probably gimmicky and you’re better off going Wall of Reflection in that situation. However it’s something I want to try because I think it has some merit.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Yeah, maybe. I hate how it aggros instead of staying with you, though. And the 60 second cd is pretty brutal imo. I’ll be checking it out as well, seems sketchy but more options are never a bad thing.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

One of the thing I’m actually really curious about trying on bunker guard is Shield of the Avenger. Now that they aren’t destroyed when commanded, you can easily pick it up with the 0/0/2/6/6 build. Two shouts and the shield, then drop Vengeful for improved spirit-weapon duration. The shield has a lot going for it; absorbs projectiles, stun breaker, weakness, and now Aegis.

It’s probably gimmicky and you’re better off going Wall of Reflection in that situation. However it’s something I want to try because I think it has some merit.

Maybe for hotjoin pvp, but never use spirit weapons for anything ranked.

They die far to easily due to having an extremely low health pool & once they die the CD is too long for them to be useful again.

Not only that but you need to take far to many traits to make them useful, if you took enough to make them useful you will end up very squishy with little ability to deal damage yourself.

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

They die far to easily due to having an extremely low health pool & once they die the CD is too long for them to be useful again.

Not only that but you need to take far to many traits to make them useful, if you took enough to make them useful you will end up very squishy with little ability to deal damage yourself.

They’re actually worse in hotjoin, due to the larger amount of people in them. One thing people seems to forgot about with sw, is that they benefit from everything a player would; boons, heals, stunbreakers, and etc. So they’re actually quite tanky. Also the whole point with the idea I had is you don’t have to change up your build that much, 0/0/2/6/6 is a standard bunker build for tpvp, so your not giving much up.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

They’re actually worse in hotjoin, due to the larger amount of people in them. One thing people seems to forgot about with sw, is that they benefit from everything a player would; boons, heals, stunbreakers, and etc. So they’re actually quite tanky. Also the whole point with the idea I had is you don’t have to change up your build that much, 0/0/2/6/6 is a standard bunker build for tpvp, so your not giving much up.

Well they may benefit from boons but their health & toughness are still insanely low.
This means they are pretty easy to spike down.
As for builds, you won’t be giving up much after the patch since commands won’t destroy them then.

However you will be giving up the increased spirit weapon damage & Cd reduction.

So overall unless your speccing for them completely they are just at best an annoyance that is easily killed.
And if you do spec for them they will do great damage, but will still die quite easily & spending all your traits for them will leave you rather squishy.

So it’s kinda a meh situation.

It would be great if they merged a few of their traits then created new ones that gave them increased health/toughness & some type of heal to the guardian when they attacked (kind of like MM necro’s)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I’d pick purity. You never know when that condi clear would come in handy.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Well they may benefit from boons but their health & toughness are still insanely low.
This means they are pretty easy to spike down.
As for builds, you won’t be giving up much after the patch since commands won’t destroy them then.

However you will be giving up the increased spirit weapon damage & Cd reduction.

So overall unless your speccing for them completely they are just at best an annoyance that is easily killed.
And if you do spec for them they will do great damage, but will still die quite easily & spending all your traits for them will leave you rather squishy.

So it’s kinda a meh situation.

It would be great if they merged a few of their traits then created new ones that gave them increased health/toughness & some type of heal to the guardian when they attacked (kind of like MM necro’s)

Well considering the shield is a defensive tool you wouldn’t need Wrathful Spirits in the first place. I have no problem with spirit weapon survivability in a tpvp environment, it’s one of the few places that you can actually make them work. What I do have a problem with is some of the functionality.

Hammer- This is in a good spot, easily the best spirit, I have no complaints about it.

Sword- Does decent damage, and now will apply five stacks of vulnerability. Not great, but not bad either. It’s just somewhat underwhelming.

Shield- Second best spirit for all the abilities it performs. Only problem I have, which Ken mentioned, is how it doesn’t really stay with you, and the CD could probably be lower.

Bow- This one is just terrible, and the patch isn’t going to help it. It needs to scale with healing power, if it did, it would be very viable for a bunker guard.

Lastly make them more resilient in WvW and PvE.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)