PvP Bunker Guard Build

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Waveguider.6271

Waveguider.6271

I’ve been experimenting with builds for a while now, this has been the best bunker build i’ve seen by far. The retal is 100% up and burning deals decent damage. Very good at holding fights and winning duels, even against high dps enemies. Please tell me what u think of it and try it out!

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Signet for Bunker? No thanks. Just looking at the utilities I see you lose so much sustain with Signet of Resolve instead of Shelter (Being bunker do you really think you will gain the full heal from the signet, like Shleter does, while blocking?) not to mention Signets don’t do anything for your team with exception of the one that resses 1 person and for you. 2 condis removed with Protection and Regen gain is to good to switch. Beside Shouts, bunker can work to with Concecrations I think, but I think Shouts are the best

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I just made this build last night (this morning?)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWl8ApWotCxUI8DNx8AVVAwuI7vKXfjWMDA-TJBHwALLDA4SAY4JA0b/BA

Gives insane team heals, team support, and survivability . Also gives that 2-4k burst damage when needed when switching to hammer, which by the way is AOE 4k crit damage with hammer #2, #4 is 1.5k single crit damage, Staff #2 gives straight line effect 2k crit damage (assuming you blow up orb)

Self heals are phenominal.
Staff
Skill#2 Detonate: 1.5k heals
Skill#4 Empower 3xPulses: 324 heals per pulse, per person, including yourself. (Altruistic Healing Trait: 81 per boon)
Total: 4,860 after 3 pulses. End effect gives another 2,772 heals.

Virtues
VoR: 2,542
VoC: 1,134

Main Heal
Healing Breeze: 7,724 on self, 7745 heals Per Allie.

The shouts are self explanatory, each shout healing you for 162. In a group of 5, each of your shouts can offer a max of 810 self heals. Not including any Regen that your #7 gives or your shouts convert.

CONS:
All that said, your DPS is probably a quarter of what a medi build would be, being that you have poor sustain damage. Like any bunk build tho, you’re only as good as your team… in spvp I win more games with my DPS roam build =/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

its nice you guys are making new bunker guardian builds but until they actually make some changes to the class its obvious that the most efficient builds are just 0 1 6 6 1 or 0 0 2 6 6 with SY/SYG/HtL and shelter. only difference most builds have is what the 2nd sigil besides energy is on the sets.

gerdian

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Waveguider.6271

Waveguider.6271

Signet for Bunker? No thanks. Just looking at the utilities I see you lose so much sustain with Signet of Resolve instead of Shelter (Being bunker do you really think you will gain the full heal from the signet, like Shleter does, while blocking?) not to mention Signets don’t do anything for your team with exception of the one that resses 1 person and for you. 2 condis removed with Protection and Regen gain is to good to switch. Beside Shouts, bunker can work to with Concecrations I think, but I think Shouts are the best

The 10% reduced damage seems neccessary and the 180heal power is good, but i do change that out. I use StandYourGround For Stability and more retal. Is shelter that good? ill try it out.

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

its nice you guys are making new bunker guardian builds but until they actually make some changes to the class its obvious that the most efficient builds are just 0 1 6 6 1 or 0 0 2 6 6 with SY/SYG/HtL and shelter. only difference most builds have is what the 2nd sigil besides energy is on the sets.

Can you link on Build Editor for these two?
All SY gives are the removal of all party condi and break stun, which wouldn’t be bad if the CD wasn’t 60 seconds. Not to mention any and all heavy condi DoT would be placed on you. In a zerg that can be a lot of additional damage you’d have to negate, but i’d have to see the rest of your build to see how it’s played.

I’ve made and seen quite a few bunker builds.. but the above post of mine is the only bunk build that’s actually fun for me to play (I can’t stand bunking lol!).

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

gerdian

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I see what you mean now. Nice guide too! Big probs. Going to use 0/1/6/6/1 (idk why i didn’t before) but keeping the same traits since i’m using hammer. Still like that extra 4k aoe damage instead of the 6k heals i would otherwise get with mace.
I can’t seem to steer away from the team skill Healing Breeze but I’m using SY/SYG/HoL now too! Thanks for your suggestions.
Revised build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWl8ApfntCxWI8DRRCBljNY/hnnirXQAOAA-TJBHwALLDA4SAY4JA0b/BA

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PvP Bunker Guard Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Ok well the VERY few times I have run signets in PvP was with this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAS5el0ApWoFCxTI8DRBBRkj1BFDYHX/eDA-TZxHAB1eQAQqMgBXAAAeCAXs/AA

That’s a signet bunker build. However as several other people said, Signets are really bad for guardians.
The heal: soooooo easy to interrupt
Mercy: Only a small amount of healing power from it and important to note: it takes longer to cast mercy than to stomp a player, so better hope they aren’t quick on their feet
Damage reduction: I mean I guess it makes sense but I tried it and found the results very disappointing. Bane worked better for me for higher damage and a nice old knockback to help keep pressure off yourself.

As for what you said Saiyan, Healing Breeze is awesome much respect. To kitten’ point Shelter is without a doubt our best all purpose heal but healing breeze can be better in certain comps, at least in my opinion. With a d/p thief and a shatter mesmer that extra 7.5k heal potential to teammates can make the difference, and even if its interrupted you’ll still proc 3.5k to yourself and 1.5k to anyone you are facing in 600 range.

In closing: Signets not great, and I don’t think you should run three signets without actually traiting for signets. (And in general, far weaker than pretty much any viable bunker build)