[PvP] New Metabattle Build Published

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Guys I posted This Burn Build on Metabattle. You should be able to vote on the build, if not please let me know here.

Check out the build and let me know what yall think!

Cheers,

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Game Play Video

If it gets notice and people are curious, I can try to make a commentary vid.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i am not shure if all the same sigils pay off but agree these synergize well. I might use doom and smoldering or fraility in addition. Also did you consider another rune like forge, scavenging, guardian, nightmare or maybe sunless?

Edit: I see that meditations are very powerful but maybe people are too foused on them? Well i am more of a passionate theocrafter and only played a meditrapper hammer variant a bit.

How about this one ? I expect significant more damage. Yes it sacrifices healing from traited meditations which is a lot but offence is often the better defence. And it has more health .. 29% critical chance should be enough (ok 10% comes from burning target but …) Elite can also be meditation and healing might be trap but litany will be ful heal when you jump in with focus block. Also amulet deadshot has condi duration which is powerful but the higher power + still having crit chance adds also noticeable damage aswell as higher condi damage + 15% burn damage hurts too ….

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsd7fnkICFdiNDBeDBEEhF/hyKAqg6MLJqwMUe9H/2H-TphAABbcQA4+IAMWZAr2fYiHAAAnAAA

Most agressive amulet might be viper here but i guess too squishy. I played viper on ele and those just over 11k HP is too low …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Good to see you trying to help people out. GL with your build. I’ll check it out later

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Good to see you trying to help people out. GL with your build. I’ll check it out later

Thanks bud.

I have noticed another Guardian not able to sustain properly or win certain 1v1 fights. If it becomes problematic i’ll try making a tutorial video with me commentating.

How about this one ? I expect significant more damage. Yes it sacrifices healing from traited meditations which is a lot but offence is often the better defence.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsd7fnkICFdiNDBeDBEEhF/hyKAqg6MLJqwMUe9H/2H-TphAABbcQA4+IAMWZAr2fYiHAAAnAAA

That build has extremely low sustains, its offense will never make up for it. Go against any decent Thief or Mesmer’s CC and you’ll get demolished before you’re able to deplete your abilities.

Remember, the idea of the build is to Survive as long as possible. If you want to increase your damages then you can trade a Medi for PF.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Hey guys for the record the build itself is a better build than the Core Burst Burning and DH Burn Burst builds that’s currently on Metabattle. I believe it deserves at least a ’’Good’’ rating in comparison to those builds.

I don’t think those burn builds can reach top 20 but please let me know if some one is currently around with that rank with said builds.

I’ve been suggested to look into Carrion + Geo/Doom vs the current Deadshot + Torm/Earth.

• Reasoning: Not needing that many condi coverages and can improve damages with Carrion & Geo.

This is coming from another Top 20 EU player so I’m going to stress test the two amulets in a dueling server later.

Thanks!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

I had tried it, its a very solid build. You can sustain quite well compare to the Core Burn Build. In fact, better than the Core Burn Build. Nonetheless, I got into T3 Plat with Core Burn Build on last season. On this season im focusing on completing Ascension, didn’t care much bout rank as im not good with alternate class. xD

I will swap CoP to PoF, Focus to Shield, if there isn’t much perma-daze in opposite team. PoF is more like a tactical nuke, trolling while people are chasing me in and out, and combine with Shield5 for the push.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I had tried it, its a very solid build. You can sustain quite well compare to the Core Burn Build. In fact, better than the Core Burn Build. Nonetheless, I got into T3 Plat with Core Burn Build on last season. On this season im focusing on completing Ascension, didn’t care much bout rank as im not good with alternate class. xD

I will swap CoP to PoF, Focus to Shield, if there isn’t much perma-daze in opposite team. PoF is more like a tactical nuke, trolling while people are chasing me in and out, and combine with Shield5 for the push.

Sweet thanks for the info. Had no idea some one hit top 25 with a core burn build last season that’s pretty awesome.

Per the two amulets, Carrion and Deadshot, I did some stress testing.
Included takes acount of each respective sigils. Here’s my results.
Carrion Pros

• More bursty approach when Doom and Geomancy procs.
  • Geomancy is an AoE hit that also triggers F1 procs.
  • Doom can reduce healing by half, if it stays on.
  • About 200 more damage on auto raw hits

Carrion Cons

• Sigil “Burst” comes in 10s intervals.
  • It’s not a 100% guarantee hit when swapping so there is damage loss between swaps.
  • No additional condi coverages after swapping.

Deadshot Pros

• 3/4s increase in all condi duration, yielding higher condi dps over time.
  • Condi coverages means Judge’s & Torch#4 wont get cleansed, as well as any F1 procs (seen in duel fights after viewing condi cleanse videos)
  • More consistent condi damages throughout the fight

Deadshot Cons

• 200 dmg loss on auto hits; crit dmgs on par with carrion.
  • Not as bursty when sigs proc

I virtually didn’t notice any performance gain or loss between the two amulets; rather, the two are situational. I would use Carrion in group fights for Geomancy procs and Deadshot in 1v1’s for additional condi coverages.

If anyone else have opinions about the two amulets please post here!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I agree that the full medi version is sweet. But how about using sage and guardian rune?
I personaly used deadshot in another build and am a fan of it also using proc sigils so if i can´t use the power for significant more damage deadshot is the way to go.
But what woudl happen if you add smoldering instead of torment to your focus set and use guardian rune. a bit more healing and more toughness the reactive burn might even out or even go more bursty then bathasar.
OK i am not a fan of balthasar rune. If i go for a vit amulet and condi i am a fan of scavenger rune. So going this way also with the smoldering sigil might work.

so like this one.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsd7fnkICVDhlDBeDB8DhlEiSu6b+r/aZDgEIbG+vBE-TphAQBBa/BAcQAmwDAIjlB42RAYDnAAA

If using guardian rune i would put smoldering into the focus.

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I run something similar on my alt

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsd7flsAhmhY5QwbIwPELJElc138Xf2M8fD41yGAJAA-TpBHABBv/gwHBAAOIAJVGQgHAQAnAAA

Sunless runes are pretty sweet so I can improve my chances of using wings/shield when pressured after RF.
I also recommend that you pierce someone with the spear before using RF and then you can turn on Torch 4 for the unblockable burn which when combined with the spear’s passive tether burns will stack a good chunk and then sunless proc will fear and poison so the burn ticks can counter pressure while you do your thing

with carrion Torch 4 throw if pre-casted with JI and intel sigil active will deal some sweet power damage on squishys

for heals you can run LoW but I personally prefer Shelter cuz it can proc Hunter’s Fortification and I can turn on torch 4 for people who are following me so i can keep the pressure up even when i am blocking .

I like Purging Flame on someone downed especially when everyone will rush to rezz but Smite condition is also an option and can deal quite some damage if you proc it with intel sigil.

I still think the Core Deadshot burn burst guardian is better if you have the support to cover your rear. Virtue of Justice is much better than the spear imo but everything else is worse.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Oslaf Beinir.5842)