[PvP] Sharing a DH Burn Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Build

Can’t take full credit, came across this build again from a player I met in spvp whom name i’ve forgotten. (sorry!)

It’s one of the better 1v1 burn builds around with enough condi coverages to make people ask, “Da heck you get those condi’s?”. It’s also a better duelist build than core burn guard.

Though it’s DH and not core, you’ll still out pressure a Necro in full shroud. You’ll also be top deeps in most games.

Again, the build is not new by any means (used by several wvw & spvp guards..) but i’ve been seeing a few condi builds on the forum and thought i’d share this one too.

Happy BBQing.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

My playing style of Burn Guard still conform me within the core build, main reason is due to countless times of DH’s unsuccessful F2 xD, and also bad habit of using F2 at the final second, usually I would only pop out F2 before or during Renewed Focus.

My build are quite the same except replacing DH with Radiance.
I’ve been testing Sigil of Torment and Sigil of Doom, it seems poison reign supreme for me. The torment damage is too negligible and short. Second sigil that I used is Sigil of Geomancy with the guarantee aoe bleed. Basically my tactic is to inflict as much condis with long period, so their cleanse wont reach to cleanse the Burn xD

Purging Flame is a must for me and it supports and dps in team fight. A lot of tactical ways to fully utilize this skill if were to combine with movement CC skills. Thus, instead of focus, i use shield.

Nonetheless, I’ll try your DH burn build and see how it goes xD

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

The trick with the build is using your utilities and stun breakers to stay alive. This means using CoP vs a stunning bursting Thief or Mesmer, even if you have no condi’s.

F2 should be used more to get away, rather than just a heal or just a condi cleanse. The longer you sustain, the easier it’ll be for the enemy to blow their condi cleanses.

When 1v1ing on sides, try using Chain of Light and/or Ray of Judgement after a judge’s intervention or Zealot’s Flame. It’ll add that extra condi buffer for you.

And as always, try nailing your F1 before you use your elite.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yeah dulled senses and zealots aggression synergize really well with permeating wrath. I always use take those 2 traits if im running permeating wrath. The cover condis work really well. Permeating wrath is good if you can stick to team fights.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

yeah dulled senses and zealots aggression synergize really well with permeating wrath. I always use take those 2 traits if im running permeating wrath. The cover condis work really well. Permeating wrath is good if you can stick to team fights.

It’s not too bad in 1v1’s either. Landing F1 before using Renewed Focus can be a big determinant.

Oh and I run the build with a good necro buddy; we complement each other really well. The tougher counters to us is DH + War + any other CC Burst classes like a thief or Mesmer. If it’s just double dh or double war, we’ll be fine.. team permitting lol.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

No purging flames?

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Not needing the 3/4 cast time utility as the build already supplies a lot of burns. Smite Condition for sustains or ToF for that extra dps.

Oh and furthest i’ve got with the build is Rank 28. I kept playing till 3:00am and I deranked to 53 lol :P

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

Not needing the 3/4 cast time utility as the build already supplies a lot of burns. Smite Condition for sustains or ToF for that extra dps.

Oh and furthest i’ve got with the build is Rank 28. I kept playing till 3:00am and I deranked to 53 lol :P

Oh I find purging flames on a burn build is amazing in mid team fights. At least at low level I find it funny how many people run in and out of the flames ring.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I reached Rank 28 a couple weeks ago but forgot to take that pic, so here’s Rank 29 instead! Still rocking the same burn build.

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I saw you high up on the leaderboard yesterday man. Nice. Good job

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

suprisingly tanky considering it is a burn dh, I do have to admit that your build does quite a good job with the cover conditions looking at the video. Not sure if the actual burst is higher then the standard burn DH or even equal at all but gokitten nice sustain, Having played burn DH and core burn guard. I’d argue that this one is better in teamfights and can take part in more duels. I’d say this is a nice build and deservers to go past the test phase and be on good rating atleast imo. very well balanced in short. kudos.

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i would take SD instead of DS with sigil of frailty on sword to put vulnerability.
this way you can burst nice with F2 immobilize

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

i would take SD instead of DS with sigil of frailty on sword to put vulnerability.
this way you can burst nice with F2 immobilize

Not too sure how efficient that would be. The whole purpose of this particular burn build is Dulled Senses and Zealot’s Aggression. Without either two, you may as well go core burn burst. Regardless of Deadshot or Carrion, I’ve been told by a couple Guardians that the build is better than Core burn guardian.

Trading a guarantee AoE Vulnerability on F1 procs for a single target Invuln on a 2 second CD sigil, is going backwards. The Immobilize + 1k damage doesn’t make up for the DPS lost by losing covers for your Burns.

It could be a 1v1 alternative but that’s still no where near efficient enough to down your counter classes, power guard & war. Add an Electronic in the mixture in a mid skirmish fight and the change is inefficient

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Trading a guarantee AoE Vulnerability on F1 procs for a single target Invuln on a 2 second CD sigil, is going backwards. The Immobilize + 1k damage doesn’t make up for the DPS lost by losing covers for your Burns.

F1 AOE (its line attack and not circle attack)???

. for stacking i find it more easy to stack vulnerability with the sigil which has 2 sec cd and not 17 sec cd

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

F1 AOE (its line attack and not circle attack)???

. for stacking i find it more easy to stack vulnerability with the sigil which has 2 sec cd and not 17 sec cd

From the bolded text above, you had a question with the F1 activation on hit? It’s indeed a circle AoE attack. After 3 attack hits, it applies the condi in a 240 radius around the effected target.

A couple Guards feel the build doesn’t need that much cover conditions and feel the Cripple + Invulnerability is enough as long as you have Doom or Geomancy on the weapon sets. They’d swap to Carrion for that consistent 200 raw damage hit with the amulet’s increased power, which is fine.

But I don’t think removing Dulled Senses is something they would do.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Cannabis Sativa Hollandica.2803

Cannabis Sativa Hollandica.2803

this build got me back in the game and platinum, most fun ive had since a long time XD

in Guardian

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

I use shelter heal, and shield instead of focus but other than that this is my build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

This is the burning guardian build i’m currently running
-Sage’s Amulet for more sustain and to have some power to use the fury acquired via Monk’s Focus
-Rune of the Guardian to inflict burning while shelter-tanking dangerous moves like Rapid Fire, Soul Spiral.. while preventing condition transfer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse7flsAhqhYzQwcIwPEH+D1NcThPwGAVQdmTiK8CB-TZhAQBe4EAYl9HkYZAOcQAAwTAAA

Best 1vs1 combo:
After a successful Shield of Assorbition Knockback, better if in purging flames, swap to Scepter/Torch and then use Virtue of Justice + Zealot’s Flame/Fire + Judge’s Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

-Sage’s Amulet for more sustain and to have some power to use the fury acquired via Monk’s Focus
-Rune of the Guardian to inflict burning while shelter-tanking dangerous moves like Rapid Fire, Soul Spiral.. while preventing condition transfer

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse7flsAhqhYzQwcIwPEH+D1NcThPwGAVQdmTiK8CB-TZhAQBe4EAYl9HkYZAOcQAAwTAAA

Best 1vs1 combo:
After a successful Shield of Assorbition Knockback, better if in purging flames, swap to Scepter/Torch and then use Virtue of Justice + Zealot’s Flame/Fire + Judge’s Intervention

now this looks like a proper burn build, not like the op weird build.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Best 1vs1 combo:

With all due respect, that build doesn’t bring anything to the table that the DH burn build can’t do. Even with Sage he’ll self sustain a lot less than the DH build. Partly due to lack of F2 heals, F3’s block upkeep, condi removal per block, and Litany for a quicker and better heal.

If Shelter isn’t doing its job of blocking attacks and dealing damage, then it’s just a 4k heal (5k sages) every 30 seconds. Sure the burn on block burst is a fun clique burn build but it’s not as competitive than the DH burn.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Vitali.5039

Best 1vs1 combo:

With all due respect, that build doesn’t bring anything to the table that the DH burn build can’t do. Even with Sage he’ll self sustain a lot less than the DH build. Partly due to lack of F2 heals, F3’s block upkeep, condi removal per block, and Litany for a quicker and better heal.

If Shelter isn’t doing its job of blocking attacks and dealing damage, then it’s just a 4k heal (5k sages) every 30 seconds. Sure the burn on block burst is a fun clique burn build but it’s not as competitive than the DH burn.

It’s the war between healing and preventing damage..

lacking the f3 block shelter is the best heal skill i can have,
mediations and f2 benefits from healing power, you lose in mobility but the guardians f2 heal is more reliable, you can help easily your team with it.

Litany can heal a lot but you can also take a lot of damage: better in 1vs1 but suck in teamfights.

For condi cleanse on block.. with istant f2, smite condition, smite-heal, purging flame you can cleanse condition from you pretty often.

Your build can maybe shine in 1vs1 scenario, but i find difficult play without stability

in Guardian

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

With all due respect, don’t call it burn build then. because its some hybrid, but the dedicated burn traits are not there

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

Just because you consider certain traits to be dedicated burn traits does not mean this isn’t a burn build. The op’s build lays out a lot of fire and covers the burn stacks better than most standard burn builds.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Best 1vs1 combo:

Your build can maybe shine in 1vs1 scenario, but i find difficult play without stability

On that note I haven’t updated the OP build to what I’ve been using. I swapped out Smite for SYG for the much needed stunbreakers and stability. Am also using Geomancy over Earth but that’s for another convo.

The build is far beyond just a 1v1 spec. I took down an Ele and Ranger while also downing Lord. Classes other than maybe DH and War, can’t stand up against Burn DH’s aoe damages unless we’re on an open field (or they’re plat players, then I’ll have a higher chance of losing the duo).

With all due respect, don’t call it burn build then. because its some hybrid, but the dedicated burn traits are not there

Assuming this is what you’re referring to, Radiance is not a must-have dedicated trait. Zeal’s traitline with it’s Power to Condi conversion yields a lot more burn damage per ticket than Radiance can dish out. I run Zeal > Radiance on my core burst guardian because it’s not a burn on block 1v1 build.

Again I’m not saying it’s a terrible untouchable build, burn block builds can be a fun especially seeing some one blow up passively, all I’m saying is it’s not exactly on the same level as the OP build.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Vitali.5039

Best 1vs1 combo:

On that note I haven’t updated the OP build to what I’ve been using. I swapped out Smite for SYG for the much needed stunbreakers and stability. Am also using Geomancy over Earth but that’s for another convo.

The build is far beyond just a 1v1 spec. I took down an Ele and Ranger while also downing Lord. Classes other than maybe DH and War, can’t stand up against Burn DH’s aoe damages unless we’re on an open field (or they’re plat players, then I’ll have a higher chance of losing the duo).

Some fights are situational, one day i have killed 2 thieves with a power necro, I can’t speak for the Ele/Druid/Lord fight but it should be an hard fight.

Under this circumstances i can agree that your build can be useful: 150 “free” points thanks to mobs attack that makes the AoE justice reach the maximum charge on block can make your build a good lord killer.

Stand Your Ground is the right choice, it can prevent CC from player don’t letting them ressing foes.

I value Indomitable Courage more than Permeating Wrath, expecially on DH, but this are personal tastes, I guess

in Guardian

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse7flsAhqhY3QwcIwPELJEV2+9fDoc138X/1yGAJAA-TJRFQBJ7JAAgTCQH2fwglBAA

This is THE choice for burn build in Spvp right now. Bleed, torment, cripple, and vuln apply protection for your burns. Can survive -okay- in a 1v1, but in group fights this build gets increasingly stronger per target. I once put 30 burns on a minionmancer.

Good healing and condi removal, two teleports, a leap, an invuln, kitten tons of burn potential. what more could you want?