Pvp DPS Guardian: low risk high reward

in Guardian

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Low skill floor low skill cap too.

Nothing hard about counting people’s dodges and bursting them once their dodges are down. Doesn’t help that Guardian burst is also kittened easy to land because of how fast casting it is.

Not much to learn when you can escape through teleport meditation or spamming blinds and blocks as you burst someone.

I’ve played it and it feels like it’s just a pathetic designed button mashing class.

Just another class that’s even more braindead than shatter Mesmer or Cele Ele.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It is quite easy to play, no doubt about that but it sounds more like you’re angry because you lost to it.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

It is quite easy to play, no doubt about that but it sounds more like you’re angry because you lost to it.

Check some of his most recent posts and they all seem “angry” about many classes for one reason or another.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

Funny.

yet the biggest issue for guardians is to stick to a target and keeping dps focus.

If you know what is coming a medi dps guard becomes a one trick pony. Especially it comes with some weaknesses.

of course you can count the dodges… yet any class can squeez out one or two more depending on spec.

If you have a hard time against a dps guard you might want to look at the things that it does not bring to the table. I am sure it will scream in your face what to do if you check any of the guard dps builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

You should find a new game to play cuz judging from post history, gw2 is causing u nuthin but grief. also, wats the purpose of posting a qq thread about a profession IN that profession’s forums?

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I can say for certain Amir, your time would be better spent learning how to counter classes than complaining on the forums about them. Who am I to judge how you get through your day though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

This is a quote from another warrior on the warrior board today about Amir. LOL

“Don’t listen to Amir, he got killed by all those classes because he probably isn’t exactly the most skilled individual and is ranting about every one of them due to his lack of knowledge and will to get that knowledge”

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

This is a quote from another warrior on the warrior board today about Amir. LOL

“Don’t listen to Amir, he got killed by all those classes because he probably isn’t exactly the most skilled individual and is ranting about every one of them due to his lack of knowledge and will to get that knowledge”

Awww give him a break, I love when warriors cry bout Guardians being OP

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

OP have you heard about sword and LB? If not, too bad, those tears are delicious.

Edit: And please make up your mind already, today is guardian the most brain-dead profession to play, yesterday it was Mesmer, the day before was ranger, make up your mind Mr. million stun breakers vertical teleport LMFAO

(edited by creepmatic.9435)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Oh gosh, this is rich. OP have you tried playing a burst meditation build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I smell a troll….

The Guardian is an awesome class, and the meditation build is always on the edge of a razor blade balance between dps and survival. I love the class and build and the more you play it, the more you appreciate the intricacies.

It is the definition of high risk with high reward. If you burn all your cds for burst and your opponent lives, then you got nothing left for survival.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

This is a quote from his post on mesmer forums:

“Bait out evades with phantasm and GS auto-attacks, shatter them before they cleave your clones once they run out of dodges.
You’re also spamming evades while you do all of this. Funny story though, other classes don’t really have access to privileges Mesmer has. Maybe Thief but Mesmer does better in team fights.
Point is though, how is this class not a skill-less anti-fun piece of garbage again? Oh I know, Mesmers are like “If I’m doing it it’s all skill-based but if other people kill me it’s OP and they need to buff mesmers.”
P.S Not only is mesmer not UP right now, they are also very easy to play. Why don’t you privileged kids play DPS Warrior or DPS Necro with no lich form and see how that works out for y’all?
P.S#2 most of you are going to come back crying to your Mesmer because of how it’s such an easy glass cannon to play.”

This just shows how unexperienced he is at the game so I wouldn’t take anything he says serious.
Even in the warrior thread he said “Warrior isn’t OP. It can be built for good damage and survivability”
How is such a class not OP compared to a mesmer who yeah, does have good damage and some mobility and easily confuses rabbit ranks but dies if you are slightly out of positioning, get a few hits or 1 bleed OP? <- Obvious bias
He’s just a troll. Don’t waste your time here, let the thread die.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

in Guardian

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Nothing hard about counting people’s dodges and bursting them once their dodges are down. Doesn’t help that Guardian burst is also kittened easy to land because of how fast casting it is.

Not much to learn when you can escape through teleport meditation or spamming blinds and blocks as you burst someone.

I’ve played it and it feels like it’s just a pathetic designed button mashing class.

It is easy to play indeed, because the base healing on meditations is too high. This combined with the spam o blocks/blinds that the class have makes people that have no healing power have a great sustain. IMO the base haling should be reduced and the scale with healing power should be higher.

However I disagree with you about it been more brainded than shatter mesmer. At least med guard has to stay melee and not easy mode ranged class. Also the guard has less hp than mesmer. Celestial ele is balanced, the only problem right now are the bug abusers with lw.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Med guard might be pretty forgiving in a bunch of 1v1 matchups, especially against squishy stuff but in actual games it’s not really low risk imo. As soon as you used your defensive stuff that is on pretty big cooldowns you’re really freekill in teamfights and while you dont have to be quite as careful as a teef because you have a bunch of instant heals and more stuff you can pop while attacking you still run at the risk of exploding on retal and random aoe stuff.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Escape through meditation teleports? Well considering you need targets you can’t use it to escape at all. Guardians are terrible at dis-engaging, probably the worst out of all professions. I think OP is trolling or just ignorant of any actual Guardian skills

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If you’re “spamming” anything, then you’re doing it wrong.

Sounds like you need a heavy dose of ‘Get Good’.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I avoided this thread, but seems not everyone realizes the troll bomb that happened.
Amir.1570 created the initial post and has not responded back once in 4 days. You guys got stirred up and arguing with nobody

Ignore it and walk away so this post dies.