Question about Gear (PvE)

in Guardian

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

So i havent played my guardian for ages, i mostly play thief but today i want to get lil more into PvE aspect, i love spamming mindless with my staff but it just doesnt cut the mobs..

i can get pretty much any armor set but i dunno if running full berzerker on guardian is a wise thing.

im not into dungeons i just love bashing mobs for hours on cursed shore or w/e..
but i have honestly no clue about guardians trying to find guides etc but most of them are out dated.

could someone just help me around a little bit, by giving proper DPS spec and still being able to handle a few mobs on my kitten ..

weapons used i dont mind yes i love staff but if greatsword is far better then ill use that or scepter or whatever.
and what gear, and runes. I would appreciate that

build i have (no clue if its good) http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQB4ghoytw91f4KYDGhbx2lBAA-e , only the build is there no armor etc added..

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I just started a guardian (up to level 18 now) and so far I’m liking greatsword and hammer. Not sure what I’ll do long term, but I play alot of PVE content too, so I wanna know what peoples opinions on this are, aside from standard PvP advice and “go with whatever cause you’re just doing PvE”.

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

These are the best PvE guilds we have right now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-Guardian-Dungeons-and-Fractals/first#post5335948

Full beserker gear on a guardian is not a difficult thing to master. Been running this for some time. In open world PvE outside of trying to do the world bosses I don’t think you will really notice an issue.

While you can use any weapon in open world staff is mostly just useful for tagging during large events. Our highest Damage weapons are greatsword mace and torch. Hammer works well in certain situations, but only if larger amounts of group support are needed.

I would read through Obals guild, he makes things pretty simple by explaining builds and basics of how to play a DPS guardian. Zui did a great right up about dungeons if you ever decide you want to do those.

I would comment on your build, but sadly my internet here sucks atm and I can’t get it to load.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

in Guardian

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The thing to keep in mind is that Guard utility skills heavily factor into how you run your defense, and Weapons determine how you run your offense. Aside from a few trait conflicts, Guards actually have a great deal of weapon/utility independence.

For open world PvE, Great sword / Mace-anything combos are the favorite go-to, as the GS offers exceptional burst damage, and Mace symbols don’t have the upkeep problems Hammers have. Sword fell out of popularity since it doesn’t have any traits to compete with Writ of Persistence’s OP utility.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Best build these days are

Bezerker GS + Mace/Torch (or Focus) – Zeal/Radiance/Virtue

Bezerker GS + Mace/Torch (or Focus) – Zeal/Radiance/Honor

Bezerker Hammer + Mace/Torch (or Focus) – Zeal/Radiance/Honor

Sinister GS + Mace (and Scepter)/Torch – Zeal/Radiance/Virtue

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD