Question about dps guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: HakunaMataBaby.2734

HakunaMataBaby.2734

Hey all, just rolled a guardian but I’m curious about something, on a scale of one to ten, how bad is guardian dps with a sword shield or mace shield? Thing is, I’m really into sword and board, but I’m worried the dps will be terrible, it’s certaintly slow at low levels, but at higher levels you can adjust a class to do crazy things. Anyways, my main question is, If you thought of a build, ran specific things, would a sword and board guardian be alright? I’d mainly farm mobs for items, do some wvw at times, and maybe some pve here and there. Sorry if this was kinda all over the place, only my second time actually posting on gw2 forums despite playing the game for years. Thanks guys!

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

Sword and board is fine man. Since sheild has good access to aegis, I have a good build that utilizes it. I can show you it if you want

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse5NlsAhShgjQggIOmHkajFBuF+NEnr4VA-TRA4AAw+DAA-e

here is the build, i would use it with sword/shield and mace/focus (can also be mace/shield and sword/focus)

if you dont want to use focus and just sword, mace, and shield, then you can do so. but be sure to replace the first trait in the valor line to something else then.

the empty utility slot is up to you. so is the equipment (other than rune of resistance)

so basically this build is all about blocks and kitten. whenever aegis ends on you, you heal and also damage nearby foes. coupled with the bunch of aegis you get from this build, its pretty powerful

runes of resistance grants aegis every time you use a signet, so use your signet whenever ya want to get aegis

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

For instanced pve, sword is on the opposite end of optimal. For wvw, sword is dope. And for open world, just use a staff and tag since who really cares it’s open world and you can just let other peoplease kill stuff for you.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand