R.I.P. Guardians with specializations

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

They are just NOW realizing that we would like an aegis or SOMETHING on shield? just now? Communication on the guard development side is lacking.

I remember during the last big game balance an Anet employee (Jon maybe?) asked some questions about Shattered Aegis change, we gave some suggestions and he said he would get back to us with numbers, he never did. I think that was the last time Anet posted in here.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

I noticed the base damage of burning is lower. I thought it was because it was a character lower then 80 but the other traits were in line with a level 80 character.

The language in Retributive armor is off… its say ferocity in the description, but precision in the trait.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Burning will be lower.

CONDITION DAMAGE reduction: bleed and torment: 38.8% ||| poison and burning: 60% ||| Confusion: 84.6%

All those ppl thinking we got buffed are wrong. We got wrecked.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Burning will be lower.

CONDITION DAMAGE reduction: bleed and torment: 38.8% ||| poison and burning: 60% ||| Confusion: 84.6%

Burning will stack in intensity though.

Still over all it’s going to crap all over the guardian Spvp burn spec unless they up the duration of several of the ways guardians apply burns.
Otherwise ya it “can be” stacked but the burns won’t last long enough to actually stack it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Burning will be lower.

Source?

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanthin.2814

Xanthin.2814

~ 30% dmg increase from zeal alone for power builds, slow on hammer hits, medi hammer/ gs is gunna be goood!

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Burning will be lower.

Source?

if it balance conditions across all game modes it will be gadly accepted, its easy to make target burn all condi cleanses and left him die inagony(way to easy on wvw).
The conditions how they were working could be easilly “exploited” in some classes, on gw1 conditions were there to suport damage or to pressure the healers, imo player will need to get more organized after this change if it happens and deppends less on build doing some of the work for them.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I had some issue’s with the kill and revive traits from radiance and valor still, needs changing to be honest.

The kill trait from radiance (the one that refreshes justice, right?) is a very iconic and loved effect in PvE. I don’t think they would change it so easily.

Not only PVE, it’s very strong in Pvp also, it recharges VoJ on stomps. 0.3.6.1.4 > 2.1.6.1.4 imo.

You don’t really need it though. Once one of them is dead the fight’s already snowballed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Burning will be lower.

I REALLY hope that this is true, as condi based classes are actually our greatest bane.

it is true that we have many cleanses, but once they run out, the guard is as good as dead and an engie with a simple pistol auto can kite you to death.

What i see them doing is nerfing the stronger builds instead of buffing the weaker ones, as to try to prevent power-creeps.

Look at D/D ele, completely butchered this patch

These condi changes will be in line with their attempt at nerfing condi engie, condi warrior, thief and mes.

Think of these changes as indirect buffs to the guard by nerfing our counter classes.

From what i understood:

Ele, + condi prevalent builds = nerfed
Ranger, Thief and warriors (physical builds at least) buffed

We kitten on both thieves and physical warriors, and more than counter pew pew rangers, so i wound’t worry too much.

HOWEVER, i am a little sad there were little to no PVP changes for the guard. All the changes seemed PVE focused, and honestly unless the longbow spec deals with our flaws, guards will continue to be the same in sPVP, abeit slightly stronger as the prevalent meta might shift

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

RIP? RIP What? Guard changes are quite great along with thief, warrior and ranger.

if you want to QQ you got the wrong forum. You need to head over to the Necromancer and Elementalist forum for that!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

RIP? RIP What? Guard changes are quite great along with thief, warrior and ranger.

if you want to QQ you got the wrong forum. You need to head over to the Necromancer and Elementalist forum for that!

Changes are not even close to thieves. You should look better at changes. 2,3 times if needed.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Changes are not even close to thieves. You should look better at changes. 2,3 times if needed.

OK listen, i will admit that the changes mainly buff our PVE presence…which was fine to begin with. A lot of the changes were icing on the cake, but now we have 2 dedicated DPS traitlines which now are the MOST viable, out of the 3.

The reason guardians are rejoicing is that now we don’t have to go all over the kittening trees to get decent DPS traits and be left with only 2 trait points to do with as we please. These changes give up OPTIONS based on our weapon sets while maintaining and even improving our PVE DPS as well as support and what not.

As for PVP however…well, thats another story. The GOOD news is that condi damage is allegedly getting nerfed, which is good for us since most condi classes wreck us. In addition, CELESTIAL amulet is getting nerfed, so another win for us. HOWEVER, our valor line is only good for medis now, honor only has 1 good trait and virtue is…still the same pretty much. On top of it, we still lack reliable snares and CC and valid range options in sPVP.

What i see people doing is going sword/torch and scepter/focus in sPVP with 0/6/6/0/6 and gibbing the kitten out of people with torch. Alternatively, i can see Stella, or some other crazy mofo going 6/6/6/0/0 and gib people with the 3.5 seconds immob on F1 proc from free signet of wraith . Thats usually plenty to get a WW —> Sword 3+ focus 5 + Smite condi in.

In any case, in sPVP we got burst and some more tricks to play with. it will add a certain threat to the guardian presence in sPVP due to our insane burst…but thats about it. None of the guardian problems were addressed… for now while we still don’t have details on the specialization

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I’ll just post my opinion on the changes that I thought needed a little more from another thread. Most were great though.

There were some nice buffs but here’s a list of traits I still feel to be too weak or need to be adjusted from their proposed changes.

Zeal:

Zealots Speed is still the same and yet it provides no speed. Maybe an overhaul would work better.

Zealous scepter/Wrathful spirit: both still don’t seem strong enough to compete with Fiery Wrath. Put a 10% dmg increase and fix projectiles with scepter and maybe add something else aside from ret for Wrathful spirit.

Zealous Blade/Binding jeopardy: Like above, these don’t seem significant enough to compete with Kindled Zeal. The healing/dmg bonus from zealous blade is still a pittance.

Radiance:

Renewed Justice: I’d like to see another affect added onto this aside from reactivating upon a kill(especially as a master minor)

Healers Retribution: Duration seems very small for the long cd heals Guardians possess. This seems incredibly weak in comparison to both Right-handed strength and Inner Fire.

Radiant retaliation: The dmg from retal overall is incredibly small, even with a ton of power. I see this as another weak alternative to the other two.

Valor:

Valorous defense: Even with the ICD cut in half, the overall affect of this trait is largely unnoticed.

Courageous return: Just like Renewed Justice, I’d like to see another affect added onto this seeing as how useless these revive/kill on traits are during combat.

Retributive Armor: Seeing as how the Guardian must either have Monks Focus or Altruistic healing for survival, I don’t see this trait providing any sustain and thus is lacking.

Honor:

Symbof Protection: Fall traits need to be either merged with other traits or have an added effect.

Empowering Might: Surprised to see this is still the same, I don’t think many took it since there was an ICD along with a very short duration attached. Maybe this needs to be overhauled.

Force of Will: Still a very unimaginative trait. This is competing against Pure of Voice which is one of the best traits(still) in the game and a very promising symbol trait.

Virtues:

Retaliatory Subconsciousness: ICD is way too long and duration is way too short.

Permeating Wrath/Battle Presence: Both are incredibly underwhelming when compared to Indomitable courage.

General

Until we know what skills have changed, we can still assume that scepter auto is widely unreliable. Also, I think a lot of us were hoping for a 25% movement trait seeing as how the Guardian lacks swiftness and soft CC.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

If the Dev’s have taught us anythng over the last 2 years – it’s that they don’t give a crap about what the Guardian Community thinks, wants nor desires.

GG Anet.

Honestly, they want the guardian to play a specific way and any deviation from that is barely even looked at… even if they come back 1.5yrs later and say "oh hay, that’s a great idea… why didn’t you say that before?!

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Radiant retaliation: The dmg from retal overall is incredibly small, even with a ton of power. I see this as another weak alternative to the other two.

Calling it weak alternative is too generous.
The trait (assuming ANet fixes it because it doesn’t even work right now) is totally useless for anything but a Condition Damage build, which will work around burning for Guardians.
Making it compete with the burning damage increase + burn on block trait removes any choice at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Empowering Might has a lovely functionality, but it is simply too weak. The cooldown hurts it in the situations we would love to use it the most (multi-hitting skills), and the duration is too low. I would go for 10s with cooldown, or 8s without it.

The trait that makes retaliation scale off condition damage is a no-trait. No one will use it at its current state. It shouldn’t compete with 33% burning either, because both fulfill the exact same role. They should synergy with each other instead. The best thing Anet can do here, is to combine it with the one in the tier bellow that gives them condition damage, and design a new GM trait in its place.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

There is no way that 20% damage in symbols trait is not gonna be nerfed to 5 or 10%. That is just too wildly OP, no one would ever use anything other than maces or hammers for PvE unless mace and hammer damage were heavily nerfed to compensate.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

There is no way that 20% damage in symbols trait is not gonna be nerfed to 5 or 10%. That is just too wildly OP, no one would ever use anything other than maces or hammers for PvE unless mace and hammer damage were heavily nerfed to compensate.

It’s incredibly difficult to keep a somewhat intelligent player inside your symbol in spvp so no, I don’t think it should get nerfed down.

Edit: Noticed you mentioned PvE

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It’s incredibly difficult to keep a somewhat intelligent player inside your symbol in spvp so no, I don’t think it should get nerfed down.

It’s still too much I think, 10% would work just fine, if they deem it fine, cool, we’ll be like Engi/Ele level damage, I’m not going to complain, but I don’t think they want that while still being open to our virtue traits for all the support. I’m curious to see the math on Hammer build 66060 vs Mace+Focus/GS 66006, as I have a feeling those will be the two main builds.

in Guardian

Vargamonth.2047

The “increased damage to foes inside symbols” is the perfect example of a trait that can be tweaked between different game modes without making it confusing for players.
A 20% might be OK for PvP while a 10% seems much more reasonable for PvE.
I hope ANet takes this kind of number tweaking approach for this and several other cases. It might not be perfect but, at least, it would mean they care about how balance affects other parts of the game.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

10% would be terrible considered it’s a GM slot. 20% is fine for spvp where you’re fighting intelligent players that have the intellectual fortitude to actually move.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

It’s still too much I think, 10% would work just fine, if they deem it fine, cool, we’ll be like Engi/Ele level damage, I’m not going to complain, but I don’t think they want that while still being open to our virtue traits for all the support. I’m curious to see the math on Hammer build 66060 vs Mace+Focus/GS 66006, as I have a feeling those will be the two main builds.

We already have 10% and no one EVER uses it… including you, as you seem to not remember we even have this trait.

No one stands in symbols – they’re too short of a duration and with ZERO soft CC built into a weapon, it’s a completely useless trait outside of PVE…. and honestly, who really cares about pve. /grin

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The problem with the 20% isn’t the number; it’s that two weapons don’t have symbols (maybe three if LB doesn’t). That’s not so much a problem, but it does create a significant bias for PVE. I actually think for PVP, symbols should have a bigger effect because the good players will use it to control the land.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Vargamonth.2047

We already have 10% and no one EVER uses it… including you, as you seem to not remember we even have this trait.

No one stands in symbols – they’re too short of a duration and with ZERO soft CC built into a weapon, it’s a completely useless trait outside of PVE…. and honestly, who really cares about pve. /grin

We have a 10% Symbol Damage increase which will remain as a minor trait. That’s completely different from the damage increase against foes inside symbols.

While balance should remain focused on sPvP, it’s far from a good idea to completely ignore how changes would work for WvW and PvE, and not only from a business standpoint (because that’s where the majority of the playerbase is).
The sPvP community is too small, and that already causes quite noticeable failures on the matchmaking system.
Those PvE and WvW players that often play sPvP as a side activity are probably invaluable to keep the whole system alive. Driving them away from the game would help no one.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

The problem with the 20% isn’t the number; it’s that two weapons don’t have symbols (maybe three if LB doesn’t). That’s not so much a problem, but it does create a significant bias for PVE. I actually think for PVP, symbols should have a bigger effect because the good players will use it to control the land.

Just to reiterate, symbols really only work well in pve. WvW I see them being almost completely useless while a little less so in spvp.

in Guardian

Xhyros.1340

No, we have a symbols do 10% extra damage trait. The new trait is do 20% more damage to people standing in symbols. Gs4 → Gs2 for tons of damage (should also work in PvP in situations where you’d hit with Gs2 on its own anyway). Hammer auto attack chain becomes strongest autoattack in the game. The 10% bonus to actual symbol damage also exists and is required to pick up the trait.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Again Xhyros, this is only significant in PVE where your targets are mindless botsa standing in whatever you throw. Landing symbols on a top-tier player is incredibly hard and even if you do, it lasts less than a second.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Again Xhyros, this is only significant in PVE where your targets are mindless botsa standing in whatever you throw. Landing symbols on a top-tier player is incredibly hard and even if you do, it lasts less than a second.

That’s why you take the new immobilize on VoJ active trait. That should work wonders for GS builds especially.

in Guardian

Xhyros.1340

That’s why you take the new immobilize on VoJ active trait. That should work wonders for GS builds especially.

Apparently it’s impossible to ever, under any circumstances, land cc on anything that’s not a mindless bot.

in Guardian

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

only thing i know is: medi guard is one of the top dogs in pvp, just a step below the celestial triforce and it’s getting a big buff (again) so yeah.

i play almost every class in pvp and medi guard is so faceroll it’s amazing, 1v1 almost nothing can keep up.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

only thing i know is: medi guard is one of the top dogs in pvp, just a step below the celestial triforce and it’s getting a big buff (again) so yeah.

i play almost every class in pvp and medi guard is so faceroll it’s amazing, 1v1 almost nothing can keep up.

I can kill you with my newly made turret engineer in 20 maybe 30 sec. medi guard is good, but there are classes that he cannot beat 1 vs 1.

in Guardian

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i said almost nothing, and turret is receiving well deserved nerf.

plus medi guard is among the few with some chanche to 1v1 a turret so i’m not sure what the point is. is that supposed to disprove the fact that medi guard is one of the best zerk spec in current pvp?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Apparently it’s impossible to ever, under any circumstances, land cc on anything that’s not a mindless bot.

If anything, the warrior’s new berserker power is something that can be maintained nearly 100% of the time. This(and other executioner traits) have limited access.

Edit: that being said, seekers power needs a Nerf down to a max 10% due to how easy it is to maintain, not this.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Keep in mind the trait changes are there to compensate for the power and crit lost from the old zeal and radiance trait lines.

We virtually lost 200 power and 25% crit, so it has to be made up somewhere. Symbolic avenger is fine dude, it has to make up for a lot of stuff.

There is a reason some of these traits might appear and powercreeping to people, because in PVE, beside the base stats changing from 925—>1000 NOTHING else will be compensated through armor. Without the buffed up traits classes will be looking at a damage LOSS

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

We have Symbolic Power which is a 10% increase to symbol damage. The trait in question is Symbolic Avenger which increases your damage 20% while in a symbol. We don’t have that trait currently as far as I know.

in Guardian

Xhyros.1340

If anything, the warrior’s new berserker power is something that can be maintained nearly 100% of the time. This(and other executioner traits) have limited access.

Edit: that being said, seekers power needs a Nerf down to a max 10% due to how easy it is to maintain, not this.

Warrior’s new berserker power is a replacement for their old berserker power though. This trait is just a brand spanking new +20% damage trait on top of what was had. Granted, we did lose the bonus damage to anyone with any condition trait in Radiance, but that was replaced with a 25% bonus crit rate to burning foes, which could balance it out.

Keep in mind the trait changes are there to compensate for the power and crit lost from the old zeal and radiance trait lines.

We virtually lost 200 power and 25% crit, so it has to be made up somewhere. Symbolic avenger is fine dude, it has to make up for a lot of stuff.

There is a reason some of these traits might appear and powercreeping to people, because in PVE, beside the base stats changing from 925—>1000 NOTHING else will be compensated through armor. Without the buffed up traits classes will be looking at a damage LOSS

They mentioned that the lost stats would be moved to equips. Until we know how much of a stat boost those get we can’t say anything about lost power or crit rate.

“Base attribute points on equipment will be increased so that all the gear in the game will give higher stats than it did before. This should account for most of the missing points.” – Blog post https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-one-a-primer/

(edited by Xhyros.1340)

in Guardian

Arken.3725

So having a “brand spanking” incredibly easy way to obtain an extra 20% DMG bonus vs something that requires a target to sit in a small circle and only really works with hammer is justified?

We also lost another 10% bonus from honor.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Xhyros.1340

So having a “brand spanking” incredibly easy way to obtain an extra 20% DMG bonus vs something that requires a target to sit in a small circle and only works with hammer is justified?

Writ of Persistence exists. It ate Writ of Exaltation and Merciful. 240 radius circle can hardly be called “small”. We gained another 10% bonus in Radiance (Retribution = 10% damage while retaliation is active).

in Guardian

Arken.3725

So having a “brand spanking” incredibly easy way to obtain an extra 20% DMG bonus vs something that requires a target to sit in a small circle and only works with hammer is justified?

Writ of Persistence exists. It ate Writ of Exaltation and Merciful. 240 radius circle can hardly be called “small”. We gained another 10% bonus in Radiance (Retribution = 10% damage while retaliation is active).

This further justifies my point. The fact that you’ll need both traits for it to work is also a hindrance. On the topic of retal DMG bonus, it’s far easier to maintain any condi on a target than it is to maintain retal.

Edit: where as berserkers power is not only easier to maintain but doesn’t require another tree dedicated to it to work.

Edit: (spvp POV). Here are the stipulations for symbolic avenger. It only works well with hammer, requires you to keep your target in a circle and requires dedication from another tree. Vs one that works with any weapon, doesn’t require dedication from another tree and has no real limitations.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Xhyros.1340

This further justifies my point. The fact that you’ll need both traits for it to work is also a hindrance. On the topic of retal DMG bonus, it’s far easier to maintain any condi on a target than it is to maintain retal.

If you’re running hammer, you’re going to have retal. If you’re running mace, you’re going to have near 100% symbol uptime with the new mace cooldown trait.

It just feels to me like this new trait with the numbers its at (currently shown on screenshot) is REALLY pushing guardians to mace/hammer to get those high symbol uptimes. Those weapons are already supposed to be more defensively oriented with regen/block/protection. Now they’re getting a kitten +20% damage boost. Unless that boost doesn’t apply to the damage the symbols themselves do, it’s just way too compelling to not pick them up. Hammer provides more retaliation uptime than GS, despite GS having the whole retaliation symbol, which makes it a better candidate for the 10% retaliation uptime trait too. Does the retaliation from a blast finisher proc before mighty blow’s damage comes in?

in Guardian

Arken.3725

It is compelling but if say you take both zeal, radiance and honor, your sustain just took a dump without either ah or monks focus. That will only work in pve, not spvp.

in Guardian

Xhyros.1340

It is compelling but if say you take both zeal, radiance and honor, your sustain just took a dump without either ah or monks focus. That will only work in pve, not spvp.

It also got boosted with the whole Writ of Persistence eating every other writ thing (merciful). Mace = regen on symbol, heal on 3rd autoattack if you go that route. Probably not as much as with ah or monk’s focus, but not completely gone. If you do go mace and get that mace trait and somehow stack it up to 10, that’s an extra 130 hp/s (or 13 hp/s per stack, assuming resolve is off cooldown) in the regen symbol. Base heal for merciful is 107 hp/s. Regeneration is 130. Resolve passive is 87. Regen at 0 healing power while in symbol becomes 324 hp/s. With just a single trait that can be pushed to 454 hp/s. I’d say that’s pretty nice sustain… but at the cost of having to use the god kitten ed mace. Which is back to my whole point of the trait making mace and hammer look too god kitten ed new and shiny compared to what the other weapons get.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

This isn’t something you can rely on in spvp. Getting +400 hp/sec while standing in a small circle is not ideal to keeping yourself alive while getting bombarded with cleave.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

No one stands in symbols…no one. Maybe PvE.

Even in WvW, small or large group, before we run I say – “Hey, remember the bloody symbols” “They are your friends”….

Nope, nothing. They should even have a air plane come down, sky write it in front of them saying “these are symbols of salvation” and they still wouldn’t be stood in. Not even the ambient bunny does

Standing still in one place for ‘x’ amount of time = death. They need to be removed and changed to a pulse or something with a radius around the Guardian – AoE so people get. Make the Guardian shimmer or have a bubble – but symbols, fail.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

Even in WvW, small or large group, before we run I say – “Hey, remember the bloody symbols” “They are your friends”….

Nope, nothing. They should even have a air plane come down, sky write it in front of them saying “these are symbols of salvation” and they still wouldn’t be stood in. Not even the ambient bunny does

Standing still in one place for ‘x’ amount of time = death. They need to be removed and changed to a pulse or something with a radius around the Guardian – AoE so people get. Make the Guardian shimmer or have a bubble – but symbols, fail.

That’s the downside and why it can be such a high modifier for when they stand in the symbols.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

That’s the downside and why it can be such a high modifier for when they stand in the symbols.

This I completely agree with. The high modifier is justified due to the fact that symbols are tough to keep players in(enemies).

Edit: But another similar skill (berserker’s power) obtaining the same modifier without the amount of trait investment (2 lines needed) and it not being limiting to a certain weapon/area is what I have a problem with.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Burning will be lower.

Still over all it’s going to crap all over the guardian Spvp burn spec unless they up the duration of several of the ways guardians apply burns.
Otherwise ya it “can be” stacked but the burns won’t last long enough to actually stack it.

Currently guard burns are op, judging from the burn damage from some of the guardian skills. They even said burning is going to be tuned down. I just hope they don’t ruin burn guards viability in tpvp any more than they already are.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Burning will be lower.

Currently guard burns are op, judging from the burn damage from some of the guardian skills. They even said burning is going to be tuned down. I just hope they don’t ruin burn guards viability in tpvp any more than they already are.

It’s only really OP if you have some other conditions to bury it, Guardian’s lack this. A dedicated Condition weapon would be nice.

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

This I completely agree with. The high modifier is justified due to the fact that symbols are tough to keep players in(enemies).

Edit: But another similar skill (berserker’s power) obtaining the same modifier without the amount of trait investment (2 lines needed) and it not being limiting to a certain weapon/area is what I have a problem with.

Yeah /shrug, different situation though, comparing singled out items from different profession side by side isn’t really a fair comparison.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Yeah /shrug, different situation though, comparing singled out items from different profession side by side isn’t really a fair comparison.

But in a sense, it really is. One requires dedication from a specific weapon, 2 invested lines and the ability to keep your target in a small area VS. one that only requires 1 line, works with any weapon and isn’t limited to any specific area/condition. Both obtain the same modifier while one is vastly superior to the other(and all other executor traits).