RIP hopes / guardian changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Guardian

Zealous Scepter: Increased the might gain from this trait from 1 stack for 10 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds when justice is triggered.

Wrathful Spirit: Increased the retaliation gain from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
Stalwart Defender: Increased toughness gained when wielding a shield from 180 toughness to 240 toughness.

Invigorated Bulwark: Increased the duration of this effect from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.

Protective Reviver: This trait now also increases the revive speed of the guardian by 10%.

Smite Condition: Increased the number of conditions removed from one to two.
Contemplation of Purity: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 60 seconds to 40 seconds.

Bane Signet: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

Signet of Judgement: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

Sanctuary: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.

Dragonhunter:

Wings of Resolve: This skill is no longer affected by movement-altering effects, such as cripple and swiftness. It also no longer queues and will activate immediately when possible.

Test of Faith: The initial damage of this skill has been reduced from 66% of the trap’s full damage to 50%, for a damage reduction of 25%. Updated the effects of this trap to cull less frequently.

Dragon’s Maw: Increased the barrier radius from 90 to 120. Reduced barrier duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds. Updated the effects of this trap to cull less frequently.

Procession of Blades: Updated the effects of this trap to cull less frequently.

Piercing Light: The daze duration of this trait has been reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. The daze from this trait is no longer unblockable when used with Test of Faith.

sigh

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I don’t really understand this, but it’s ok I guess? Nothing really hurt us more.

(edited by Kam.4092)

in Guardian

Posted by: River Strider.9860

River Strider.9860

I have to say the changes were a …little underwhelming. Hoping for more of a rework with traits and themes such as spirit weapons. However I do enjoy seeing a small return and buff of a shield bearing Guardian.
Going to be interesting to see how other classes fair with the new changes.
Overall I have a funny feeling a lot of these changes won’t make a huge difference at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Guardians: Dear Devs, for years now we have been asking for Spirit Weapons to be fixed, can we please finally get a rework in this patch?

Devs: Here have a few seconds off Signets cooldown and shutup!

Guardians: …… thanks?

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

We survived!

Few nerfs ^__^! CoP buff! Woo hoo!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Arnath.2319

We survived!

huh?
we are still completely useless in pvp and pve.
if by survived you mean they didn’t spit on our graves then ok…

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

What the heck is all of this?
-What about all of the terrible traits, at least half of them are absolute garbage.
-What about the clunky weapons and utilities.

What’s it been, 4 months? This is it?

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

We aren’t useless in PvE. A skilled guardian always shines. Otherwise, I don’t think my raid teams would keep inviting me :[]

If you haven’t been using ToF, JI, and CoP in PvP I recommend you do… It’s a blast

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Even though I say this, there are things that need to be reworked. I’m just happy we didn’t see a lot of our new tools, traits, or skills greatly nerfed (like revenant for example). I see the positive in this balance patch for us… but maybe I’m wrong. We’ll see

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Marvok.1083

Marvok.1083

Funny thing is the buffs to smite condi are bugged because it still only removes 1 condi and f2 is still affected by cc, so gj anet even the buffs you gave us are bugged…

in Guardian

Arnath.2319

Funny thing is the buffs to smite condi are bugged because it still only removes 1 condi and f2 is still affected by cc, so gj anet even the buffs you gave us are bugged…

wow really? they really hate Guardians.

i doubt a dev is even reading these forums, whens the last time a dev posted here?

maybe in three months when the next balance patch hits they will fix the bugs.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

If that’s true Marvok go post it to general discussion and the pvp section quickly…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

lolwat… well that’s just god awful and so extremely random. On to another 3 months of mediocrity. >_>

in Guardian

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

wow really? they really hate Guardians.

Because other classes never have bugged skills…

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

you all forgot to say ‘mother may i’ when asking for fixes and improvements

it couldn’t hurt

in Guardian

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Garbage. /15_15_15

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Maybe i’m alone here, but I liked most of the changes.

That said. It’s true that it doesn’t change 1) Spirit Weapons are garbage, and 2) Guardian have limited place in raids.

Which is IMO the two main problem with Guardian right now. Especially the place in raids.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

puh…. sigil of energy change hits us hard other then that I am pleased. still work to do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Granted guardians didn’t get nerfed in any areas except for traps and received minor buffs across the board, but dear god why did Anet even mention “In keeping with the general theme of improving less used options, we’ve been updating both traits and abilities to be more useful and to have a meaningful impact when you equip them.” None of these changes, have any practical changes worth noting. If you weren’t using these traits/utilities you still aren’t going to, while utilities like Smite and CoP are even harder to justify removing from our bar.

in Guardian

Arnath.2319

but dear god why did Anet even mention “In keeping with the general theme of improving less used options, we’ve been updating both traits and abilities to be more useful and to have a meaningful impact when you equip them.”

This, they did NOTHING to fix our most least used skills, Spirit Weapons. And barely did anything to our second most least used skills Signets.

Yet they buffed the skills we already used the most in pvp.

I honestly truly believe the devs are not even trying.

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Guardian

Stalwart Defender: Increased toughness gained when wielding a shield from 180 toughness to 240 toughness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one! These “balance” changes never cease to make me chuckle! How many threads brought up how underwhelming that secondary effect is? Compared to 150 toughness to 5 people or free group aegises every 15 seconds?

What was the timeframe between the shield cooldown reduction and the actual fix that gave it aegis and the 4-second dome? I estimate at least double that before they put something interesting on this trait.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I do think that the mace mastry change will have quite an impact. It will at least on my build. a pretty much constant 250+ healing power with the new sage amulet is going to be pretty sweet. dialing it up to 500 is still only possible with DH F3 and RF but getting cleric heal values on dodges an aegis pops on an more offensive setup will be nice.

in Guardian

Indure.5410

Not a lot of people know this, but my biggest dream was to incorporate Wrathful Spirit into my build, but with just 3s of retaliation it was so underwhelming; well in your face people, with 4s it is borderline overpowered. I laugh at anyone who would want to pick up a flat 7% damage increase in a damage oriented line over this beautiful new trait.

Sorry … trying … to keep … in my … snarkyness.

Honestly, it pains me to think that a Dev spent time and energy carefully designing this trait to be more “helpful” without being too overpowered. We should give it another year of testing and maybe we can give it an even 5s.

I do think that the mace mastry change will have quite an impact. It will at least on my build. a pretty much constant 250+ healing power with the new sage amulet is going to be pretty sweet. dialing it up to 500 is still only possible with DH F3 and RF but getting cleric heal values on dodges an aegis pops on an more offensive setup will be nice.

I’m actually really excited to see what you can do with this.

(edited by Indure.5410)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I don’t even understand how they thought this would help, but ok?……..

this arenanet, THIS!

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I think their buff was to have all Guards/DH’s roll thieves

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Sanctuary cooldown reduction, yay :D

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Even though I say this, there are things that need to be reworked. I’m just happy we didn’t see a lot of our new tools, traits, or skills greatly nerfed (like revenant for example). I see the positive in this balance patch for us… but maybe I’m wrong. We’ll see

Several of the current meta dominators have been nerfed pretty significantly that alone helps Guardians a little. The buffs we received are pretty meh and of course DH took a hit. Hard to say really at this point my gut feeling is we came out marginally ahead just because others got weaker.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Sanctuary cooldown reduction, yay

still won’t be used in any build.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

still won’t be used in any meta build.

Fix’d for you

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Pollux.2346

Pollux.2346

Ahahaha! Sory I can’t stop laughing…This is incredibly balanced patch! A lot of wall text, suggestions and ideas on this forum…And we have insane trash – “Wrathful Spirit: Increased the retaliation gain from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.”

Does anyone still believe that Devs played guardian or read this forum?

in Guardian

Darknicrofia.2604

the next quarter’s guardian re-work giant balance patch:

Perfect Inscriptions improves Signet passive from 10% to 11%

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Ahahaha! Sory I can’t stop laughing…This is incredibly balanced patch! A lot of wall text, suggestions and ideas on this forum…And we have insane trash – “Wrathful Spirit: Increased the retaliation gain from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.”

I’m somewhat convinced the only classes they played for the past 3 months are druids, reapers, and scrappers.

in Guardian

Indure.5410

still won’t be used in any meta build.

Fix’d for you

Honest question, what do you use Sanctuary for?

in Guardian

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I’m enjoying the Signet of Judgement buff, but seriously- even with a reduced cooldown, I have no reason to use Bane Signet’s active.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

I like to use it in a joke full-consecration paladin build for the lane phase of DS. Breaks bars rather nicely if things hold still.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Several of the current meta dominators have been nerfed pretty significantly that alone helps Guardians a little. The buffs we received are pretty meh and of course DH took a hit. Hard to say really at this point my gut feeling is we came out marginally ahead just because others got weaker.

Tempest got a nerf, and Chronomancer a huge nerf. But Scrapper is still the best bruiser, Reaper is the new top dog and Druid still very viable and better tank/support than Guardian. Condi Herald and DD are now the best burst classes. Meanwhile Guardian/DH is now the bottom tier of the PvP along the Chronomancer; even Warriors are now ahead.

And the best part is that this will last another 3 months AT LEAST. Brace yourselves and prepare you to endure another full Pro League without a single Guard/DH in the roster…

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

Stomp-preventions/interruptions and closing of narrow points mostly, combined with available Wards, sometimes it functions as a ranged interruption of opponents healing.
Speaking of WvW only

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Indure.5410

Stomp-preventions/interruptions and closing of narrow points mostly, combined with available Wards, sometimes it functions as a ranged interruption of opponents healing.
Speaking of WvW only

Thanks for the reply.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arkanthor.2307

Arkanthor.2307

It could have been worse. We cpuld have been dunked on like mesmers.

Thanks to my illusions this combat is nothing but a stage scene.
You should prepare for your great finale.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Keksmuffin.1450 , it is a start, at least we got something.

Sanctuary for what it does should be a 40sec CD skill or even less, absortion of range single skills on a 120 radius where melee hits, since most mellee skill range is more than 120…..
I would sujest only 4secons but wider and make the heal a it stronger, usually heal value goes arround 350 tick with 1k healing power(wich is a huge drawback for the guard).

ANet, check if is possible change Sanctuary radius to same has other guardian domes at least for the 90 sec CD.

Stalwart Defender, well lets see if i now can rush on the frontline ^^

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Honestly given how badly they have designed the guardian among other things and for how long they have done it I feel like we should flood them with petitions to fire whoever is working on the guardian design team.

At this point they could hire someone completely new to the game and we could probably have a better outcome.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

We survived!

huh?
we are still completely useless in pvp and pve.
if by survived you mean they didn’t spit on our graves then ok…

Dont know about pve, but how are we useless in pvp?

Dh roughly the same. Tiny trap nerfs and some condition cleanse buffs, whereas several other classes got nerfed.
For example tempest aura ele are nerfed, who made Dh life difficult with their group projectile reflects, projectile destroy, their personal invuln and high group heals.
So that is an indirect Dh buff if there are less of them.
Pvp will be less bunkery, which is also an indirect Dh buff.
More amulet choice. Possibly return of other guard builds.

Feels as an overal improvement to me in pvp at least.

I wouldnt be surprised if a guardian build enters the pvp meta or does very good at the very least.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I wouldnt be surprised if a guardian build enters the pvp meta or does very good at the very least.

PvP, best sustained damage and cc: Reaper/Necro
PvP, best bruiser: Scrapper
PvP, best holder/support: Druid
PvP, best burst damage/deccaper/+1: Daredevil/Revenant

Those classes will have a place in any team. Not sure about Warrior (got buffed) or Tempest (got debufed). But for Chronos and DHs is pretty much game over: you will not hold a point as good as a Druid or Scrapper (and I even have doubts against bunker Necros) nor being as mobile or bursty as a Rev/Thief.

Before HoT most of players (Guardian mainers) were very critic about DHs, but at the release most of us shup up due the power creep did provide a -false- sense of viability. Was a mirage, no DHs in the Pro League. And I can’t see DHs getting a slot in the second season due the reasons above exposed. No place in a competitive landscape for a class which doesn’t bring any remarkable to the table. We aren’t the best dps class, neither the best bunkers or the best at support, and our best builds at the moment doesn’t even bring too much support, to be honest.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

PvP, best sustained damage and cc: Reaper/Necro
PvP, best bruiser: Scrapper
PvP, best holder/support: Druid
PvP, best burst damage/deccaper/+1: Daredevil/Revenant

Those classes will have a place in any team. Not sure about Warrior (got buffed) or Tempest (got debufed). But for Chronos and DHs is pretty much game over: you will not hold a point as good as a Druid or Scrapper (and I even have doubts against bunker Necros) nor being as mobile or bursty as a Rev/Thief.

Before HoT most of players (Guardian mainers) were very critic about DHs, but at the release most of us shup up due the power creep did provide a -false- sense of viability. Was a mirage, no DHs in the Pro League. And I can’t see DHs getting a slot in the second season due the reasons above exposed. No place in a competitive landscape for a class which doesn’t bring any remarkable to the table. We aren’t the best dps class, neither the best bunkers or the best at support, and our best builds at the moment doesn’t even bring too much support, to be honest.

You listed only 4 roles and there are 5 people in a team.

Besides, the state of revenant doesnt look all that great to me after the patch.
Especially with Necro becoming more popular and direct burst going up in this less bunker environment after the patch. Thats not to the advantage of Mallyx Revs.
Also lint heal for power Revs has seen a nerf (not instant anymore).

Dh has 3 conditions cleanse + heals for teammembers.
Protection boon for teammembers (has become more important with Tempest becoming less popular).
Aegis and stabil.
The above times 2 with Meditation elite.
Good dmg.
More personal condi cleanse than before patch.
Some cc.
Dh is good vs Thiefs (who will become more popular).
Other Guardian builds might pop up besides DH with the meta changing, new amulets and some other changes.

I have more positive expectations about it all, but lets see how it goes.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

What is best is not the only factor in making teams for any content, nor does it say that Guardian/DH is bad either.

in Guardian

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

i try to convice myself that all those people who posted half houre after patch that “DragonHunter changes are bad” (like all the "OMGTRAPSAREOPQQNERFDHPLZ"posts ppl made when traps appeared) already not only fully test DH but also tested DH in comparison to other classes and their boosts/nerfs and after deep study about the class and the balance it has with he other classes they end in a conclusion that those changes made DH a not so good choice for a team in a game aspect (pvp-pve-wvw)…Sorry but i didnt manage to conviced me about it as far….If i am wrong and that’s the case then i am sorry…me from the other hand didnt had the chance to do it yet so i will wait to see and study DH and all the other classes with the new changes and then will judge how good DH or any other class is

in Guardian

Darknicrofia.2604

um…u wot mate???

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I dont understand how a dev can play some of these classes and then log onto a Guardian and think that their weapons are ok. Im not even getting into traits, im still stuck on how bad most of the weapons are overall.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Some of you need to leave the shade of those cherry trees.

Its not good for your health

Fishsticks