Radiance Trait Line is Flawed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Q:

Why is Precision coupled with Condition Damage? it makes no sense. Power and Condition Duration is the other one

Crit chance doesn’t affect condition damage at all, I don’t get it….and I know a couple other classes have it this way also.

I’m sure lotsa people have asked the Dev’s before but the more I keep looking at it I just have to ask again.

Sincerly, Me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Well, the issue is that almost, if not all of the other professions with crit/condition damage together have a trait that cause bleeding on crit. warrior/necro/engineer all have it set up this way, while ranger has it but has crit damage instead, and mesmer is the same regarding illusions. We however, lack this trait, or lack pretty much any condition causing trait in radiance to really make it worth it. I have suggested before that Crit damage be moved to zeal, condition duration to radiance, and condition damage to valor, along with some condition traits moved in. it would make sense for our condition line to be our self sustain line, would give a huge boost to zeal offensively, and also would boost traits like radiant power, blind exposure, and would also stack better with the torch trait in radiance to have condition duration. But for some reason they put it on everyone’s power line, which generally has nothing to do with conditions, baring necros.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Basically Condition Damage/Duration trait lines are terrible and the Devs needed to hide them in decent trait lines like Power/Precision.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I greatly envy, eles, mes, thieves and rangers who have crit damage coupled with precision, instead Guards have it with toughness. I’m sure there was some balance thought that went into that but where’s our condi proc on crit? As previously stated everyone else has one built in as a minor trait. If it was a good enough trait I would take it as a major trait. Unfortunately Guardians can only burn and that’s all because we have it tied to a mechanic that allows us and only us to burn with every 5th attack. The only way this is truly worth its while is if you go 10 into Zeal and then 25 into radiance, burning is probably the worst condi you can apply. Bleed at least stacks, poison reduces healing. There’s no way i’d expect we’d get something better like confusion or torment. I think Radiance minor traits are some of the best, so this may explain why we don’t have a proc on crit condi. So yeah most guard DPS builds end up with 300 condi damage as a byproduct.

Will that ever get changed? probably not.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Well, the issue is that almost, if not all of the other professions with crit/condition damage together have a trait that cause bleeding on crit. warrior/necro/engineer all have it set up this way, while ranger has it but has crit damage instead, and mesmer is the same regarding illusions. We however, lack this trait, or lack pretty much any condition causing trait in radiance to really make it worth it.

We have one trait like this and it’s called Glacial Heart. The only problem is that it has been nerfed into the ground and has become a very unreliable skill and has also been put in the wrong trait line.

If this trait would be reworked it could fix two problems:

- The overall lack of condition builds for Guardians
- The lack of CC skills for Guardians

How should Glacial Heart be reworked then? First of all, the recharge rate should be much lower. Thirty seconds is way too long for a skill that only lasts four seconds and can’t be timed. Also move the trait to Zeal so it works well together with Condition Duration.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Well, to be fair glacial heart is alot different, mainly because even if it was in the radiance tree, it doesn’t do condition damage, so even though we have a “condition on crit” it still isn’t correct.

But anyways, there have been multiple suggestions in the past to fix glacial heart, personally I say 2 options, remove the 5 point symbol trait in zeal, move the symbol traits each down a tier, and put glacial heart at the 25 point trait. Make it cause a 1s chill duration on symbol pulse, or maybe just a 2s chill on symbol creation. The other option would be to keep it on crit, lower the duration to 2-3 seconds, 10-15s ICD, effect all weapons, and move it to either zeal or radiance.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

To try and pierce the understanding of the Devs, it felt like they put condi duration onto power lines for the use of snare conditions, much in the same way precision got tied to condi damage to limit many condition builds to needing precision for proc-on-crit effects. Especially since for most classes, power or condi based, they get the majority of their crit chance from armor/amulets rather than traits.

Unfortunately, they were fast and loose in terms of this rule.

Furthermore, for most classes Vitality or Boon Duration marks the support line, while Toughness or Healing Power marks the self preservation line.

Call me Smith.