Radiant Retaliation needs a nerf

in Guardian

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

“Retaliation damage scales from condition damage instead of power. "

This trait is too good to even be a grandmaster and I’m amazed that it passed the balance check. With 1565 condition damage I was hitting a guy for 290 in PvP per hit with just retaliation, which I can stack with both a greatsword symbol AND light aura by leaping through it, not to mention extending its duration by 25% and gaining it from TWO shouts and my heal skill, AND all my virtues.

Is this going to get a nerf anytime soon? There’s absolutely no counter to this build because even if retaliation gets stripped I can just reapply it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Wait… What? Is this for real?

in Guardian

Dreggon.6598

Wait… What? Is this for real?

Yes, there is a trait that does this

e: here’s the build http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgIBeAL8Baw~

(edited by Dreggon.6598)

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanthin.2814

Xanthin.2814

lol. this guy is good

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Cant tell is serious or trolling

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Well, retaliation has always been great in group scenarios rather than 1v1 or small skirmish fights. Lets do simple maths.

Whirling Wrath’s 7 AoE hits + 7 single target projectiles in a group of 5 people with Retaliation buff. Retaliation being 290 per hit. The guardian just did an instant 12,180 damage to himself.

(7 * 5 + 7) * 290 = 12,180

I guess they fixed Radiant Retaliation huh?

Edit: Actually I reached 300 retal damage per hit. That technically out damage’s Amplified Wrath, especially in a group scenario. I’m gonna try out some build variants now :P

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

The traits is so OP it should be removed from the game, lets riot til it is

in Guardian

Posted by: Thereon.5219

Thereon.5219

Sometimes I sit pretending to be afk in WvW and someone pops up to kill me, I pop my radiant retaliation and watch him kill himself

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Meh.. tried out a couple build variants but couldn’t make anything work. Guess it’s still only useful in bigger scale fights – not my playing style.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Dreggon.6598

seriously you can bust entire zergs by yourself with just this trait, it needs to be nerfed or removed for the balance of the game

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

The traits is so OP it should be removed from the game, lets riot til it is

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I’d consider pairing it with shattered aegis and whatever trait gives retal from aegis. Iirc, retal deal damage based on the source.

Something like this comes to mind
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgIBeALsA7Q~
Dire and some mix ins, and a few traits could be mixed around.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Dreggon.6598

I have some bad news, unfortunately the trait “Retribution” which increases your damage while 10% while you have retaliation DOES NOT WORK! It actually increases sword and spear damage by 10%. I hope this can be fixed so that my condition-based retaliation build can be even stronger.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I just farted. What did I just read?

Pls go back to your OP engineer and stop posting stupid threads.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Don’t Worry. Anet has recognized the OP’ed condition meta, bugged traits, etc… Either it’s intended and people can stop complaining (but they wont) or it will be fixed and a more balanced state will exist. Frankly, I think everything has been pushed a little bit too far. I’m killing trash in 1 weapon rotation. Might as well just mail me random loot every day.

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

I have some bad news, unfortunately the trait “Retribution” which increases your damage while 10% while you have retaliation DOES NOT WORK! It actually increases sword and spear damage by 10%. I hope this can be fixed so that my condition-based retaliation build can be even stronger.

Are you sure it’s not just tooltips ? cause thse sword damage doesnt seem to increase with it on but it does with retaliation

in Guardian

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Highest Radiant Retal Damage I’ve Seen: 441

That was going full Condi, with about 16 stacks of Might, with WvW Guard stacks, 25 stacks of Corruption, etc. (armor was exotic, trinkets ascended). Without any might, I had 2612 Condition Damage. So with full Might, it may have done around 475.

Taking a more balanced approach between Retaliation, Burning, and Survivability, you can still achieve Retaliation numbers over 350 while having 100% burn duration and 45% Retal duration.

441… 350… 290… these numbers may not be a huge improvement over your Power retal damage, but if you are running full condi, all of these numbers are an enormous improvement over the 180 you’d be doing if you didn’t take this trait and only had 1000 Power.

(edited by misterdevious.6482)

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

Highest Radiant Retal Damage I’ve Seen: 441

That was going full Condi, with about 16 stacks of Might, with WvW Guard stacks, 25 stacks of Corruption, etc. (armor was exotic, trinkets ascended). Without any might, I had 2612 Condition Damage. So with full Might, it may have done around 475.

Taking a more balanced approach between Retaliation, Burning, and Survivability, you can still achieve Retaliation numbers over 350 while having 100% burn duration and 45% boon duration.

441… 350… 290… these numbers may not be a huge improvement over your Power retal damage, but if you are running full condi, all of these numbers are an enormous improvement over the 180 you’d be doing if you didn’t take this trait and only had 1000 Power.

how do you get 100% burn duration and 45% boon duration AFAIK best boon duration food is 20% and condi duration food is 40%

in Guardian

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Torch Trait = 20% burn duration
Balthazar Runes = 45% burn duration
Giver’s Weapon = 20% condi duration
Smoldering Sigil = 20% burn duration
Retaliation Minor Trait = 25% retal duration
Candy Cactus Cornbread = 20% boon duration